Can you get a fungal parasite from unclean water?

My character somehow got a fungal infection, I don’t remember teleporting and I remember not seeing any fungaloids, the only thing that was out of the ordinary is that I had my character try the water in the LMOE shelter before filtering it (because I’m kind of an idiot like that) to see whether or not I actually need to filter it, as soon as I did that my character got “The common cold” which later evolved into painful spasms and fungal spores bursting out of his arms.

Maybe to make it more realistic, the devs gave every starting character a chance to be spawned with the onset of a fungal infection.

No one knows what happened to their character before 8:00 on Spring, day 1. You can’t rule out that he/she maybe was blackout at a End of the World party when fungals came, and he/she sprinted through the forest and passed out at a evac shelter. Upon waking, you had no memory of the night before, but you’ve already been infected by fungals.

1 Like

Perhaps a flying eye saw you as you were traveling?
I dont even get how those things can infect you with the fingus by just seeing you.

[quote=“woofinator, post:2, topic:2599”]Maybe to make it more realistic, the devs gave every starting character a chance to be spawned with the onset of a fungal infection.

No one knows what happened to their character before 8:00 on Spring, day 1. You can’t rule out that he/she maybe was blackout at a End of the World party when fungals came, and he/she sprinted through the forest and passed out at a evac shelter. Upon waking, you had no memory of the night before, but you’ve already been infected by fungals.[/quote]

/beats the odds by starting his games at 7am

1 Like