Calling Artists! "We need a logo!"

[quote=“Impetuous, post:40, topic:365”][snip]
What are your opinions on this?[/quote]
It looks better, IMHO. But I would be more interested in having a good logo rather than a hyper-topical one, so that’s me.

I would personally use another typeface for the @ to better match the rounded edges of this variant; something like what I did earlier. I would also get rid of the “runaway pixels”.
If you are looking at making an icon out of this design I would change the proportions of the biohazard symbol to the point where the @ is recognizable.

I’m not as big a fan - part of why I liked the other one was the feel that it was one person versus the world, in the middle of a deadly swarm. I think that’s more meaningful than the biohazard symbol (which I’ve already made pretty clear I dislike, but thought was good in this particular situation because it ALSO conveyed the game in a way).

If we had to sacrifice one of the mob-feel and biohazard-clearness, I would definitely rather toss the second.

I don’t understand the dislike of the biohazard symbol. I get that it is widely used in zombie/apocalypse settings, but 1) it’s there for a good reason. 2) it fits the cataclysm setting better than most, seeing as there is goo and goo-related wizardry absolutely everywhere, and 3) the @ symbol, if featured prominently, makes it unique to a considerable degree.

Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it.
I’ve updated the “horde feel” version with the positive things from the “clear bio-hazard” version:

Hopefully this suits your preferences.

I think that will work. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Impetuous, post:44, topic:365”]Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it.
I’ve updated the “horde feel” version with the positive things from the “clear bio-hazard” version:

Hopefully this suits your preferences.[/quote]

Hello all,

I found this CDDA logo created by Impetuous in this thread. And I really love the design of this logo. It is elegantly simple, and reflects much of the game. However, it seems it was not included in the CDDA repository. I have sent PM to Impetuous to ask for his/her permission, for me to use this logo design as the icon and launch image of the iOS version of CDDA currently I am working on. But it seems Impetuous have not been here for a while. Any idea how to contact Impetuous or the possibility to use this logo design?

Sincerely, and thanks for all the efforts.