Calling Artists! "We need a logo!"

Yep, you read that right. With the launch of the new wiki, We need a Slogan Logo!

160x160, we need something thematic, evocative, representative of the DDA wiki.

Or we can just stick the Z there, but I’m gonna be honest, despite playing a central role in designing it (and maybe because of that), I hate the thing. We can do better! Presumably. Hopefully.

There is my attempt, my paint skills are awesome!

I know have the crazy desire to remake your avatar, replacing the two animals with your adorable little zombie guys. :stuck_out_tongue:

I shall consult with my artist friends and possibly money shall exchange hands.

Or better yet, ZOMBIE ANIMAL GUYS!

What my picture wasn’t good enough for you? IS THAT IT?
Nah just kidding, it was only a matter of minutes until my picture was one upped anyway.

And you’re picture is already the wiki symbol, to boot. :wink:

It will stay there until such a time as a better alternative comes along, in a constant game of one-up-man-ship.

[quote=“GlyphGryph, post:6, topic:365”]And you’re picture is already the wiki symbol, to boot. :wink:

It will stay there until such a time as a better alternative comes along, in a constant game of one-up-man-ship.[/quote]
Well shit, I feel as if I actually accomplished something today, even though I’ve been sick and on the computer for about a week now.
Thanks, GlyphGryph!
I might work on some more pictures anyway, I don’t usually make art but for Cataclysm it couldn’t hurt.
It’s not like my art will put off new players…
[size=8pt]right…?[/size]

Just made this.

[quote=“Captain Cabinet, post:8, topic:365”]Just made this.

[/quote]
I am very unsure of what that picture is of.
Don’t think I’m criticizing it, or making fun of it, I think it shows the scariness and uncertainty that lay in the world of DDA perfectly.
EDIT: Still not as good as mine, though. Mine won 3 Chelsey awards, a Carnegie, and was nominated for both of those 7 times, each.

[quote=“Captain Cabinet, post:8, topic:365”]Just made this.

[/quote]
Hehe reminds me of Jurassic Park logo :slight_smile:

It’s a stylised version of house Baratheon’s banner from GoT I made for Reddit :stuck_out_tongue:

It looked darks and scary, so who knows, might inspire someone else to post their art.

Yeah, the only reason I posted my [size=10pt]horrible[/size] award winning art was so others might be enticed to do so as well.

[quote=“godlysockpuppet, post:10, topic:365”][quote=“Captain Cabinet, post:8, topic:365”]Just made this.

[/quote]
Hehe reminds me of Jurassic Park logo :)[/quote]

nah, that’s OBVIOUSLY the rabbit from Donnie Darko

[quote=“gim, post:13, topic:365”][quote=“godlysockpuppet, post:10, topic:365”][quote=“Captain Cabinet, post:8, topic:365”]Just made this.

[/quote]
Hehe reminds me of Jurassic Park logo :)[/quote]

nah, that’s OBVIOUSLY the rabbit from Donnie Darko[/quote]

Here’s something:

Bring on the hate… The “@taclysm” idea I liked, though.

I was also thinking something like this for a PROPER logo (WIP):

Concept: Wiki: Icon:

Looks like this on the wiki:

A biohazard symbol that looks like a sad dude with a backpack. Pretty damn pertinent if you ask me. Whatchoothink?

[S]On a related note, why is there no spoiler tag/bbcode on this forum?[/S]

I don’t know! And it’s frustrating me to know end! I thought I installed one at one point, but I must have borked it, cause it’s certainly not working.

Now it is.

[quote=“GlyphGryph, post:16, topic:365”]I don’t know! And it’s frustrating me to know end! I thought I installed one at one point, but I must have borked it, cause it’s certainly not working.

Now it is.[/quote]

Awesomecakes. Now tell me that you like my logo idea and want to pay me a million dollars.

Hi, Guys! How about this picture?

Pretty much what I was thinking of doing.

I can’t even tell if you guys are trying to top my magnum opus, all of these are horrible in comparison!
Do you know how long I took on mine? 10 minutes.
That’s 600 seconds, which is about 6000 milliseconds.
Look at that number again, six thousand.
I used THREE different brushes, at least five colors, and a text tool. All in a program MICROSOFT (Yes, THAT Microsoft) pre-packaged in my copy of Windows 7.
When I was talking to Bill (Gates) and my friend Vincent (Von Goe, or something European like that, I think he had mental health issues since one of his ears was missing) said it was probably one of the most artistic triumphs mankind has ever seen. I am actually going to be in Sweden showcasing my art to a live crowd of seven million, and am about to be awarded a check for seven trillion crowns, and a master key to the entire world. My art is so good, I don’t get keys to cities, or countries, or continents, those are for people who have accomplished much less.
In two weeks, I will be the proud owner of Neptune, and a couple Earth days after that I will have annexed eleven of it’s thirteen moons, the last two I will donate to the World Wildlife Foundation and Red Cross respectively.