Cataclysm:DDA on Wikipedia

not sure why but currently there’re only two pages on wikipedia dedicated to cdda: the original in the english tome and the ukrainian i couldn’t resist creating.

folks, you’re putting so much effort into translating the game. creating a wikipedia article is easier and faster and might draw some attention to your efforts and get new players/translators =)

We need players to write a good article, as Wikipedia has a policy against writing entries about yourself or your own projects.

That being said, the Ukrainian article you linked was excellent (I cheated and used machine translation) and would make a very good basis for an English entry.

Our logo, such as it is, is probably the biohazard-made-of-zombies symbol on our own wiki. CleverRaven has its own logo but I don’t think it applies to DDA.

Apart from that, yeah, I’m sure we can answer questions but we can’t really write the thing ourselves. I know Kevin and GlyphGryph did some interviews for Roguelike Radio, if you’re looking for third-party sources. At one point we were the featured game on Temple of the Roguelike, too.

yeah, the post was meant to be exactly a call to action to fans and translators, not so much to the actual programming/contributing team. sorry it must not be obvious from my lame phrasing =(

thanks. actually i based the text off the english article: it’s always easier to have something to work on than to start with a blank page.

great, thank you for the reminder! will update the ukr. article with the logo.

and thank you for that heads-up too, will find those and link to them.

update (2014-11-05). fixed the logo, added a couple of screenshots (main menu, gameplay, map), added link to the interview. thanks again for your hints!

I finished translating the article from Ukrainian into Russian (link).

tivasyk

• ти забув дветочіе в назві статті
  • У пізніших версіях з’явилися стартові сценарії, у яких персонаж на початку гри повинен втекти з таємної лабораторії, врятуватися з палаючого будинку тощо.
  • сам самісінький
    Може бути “сам самотиною” чи просто “самісінький”?
  • турисичним ножем
    "туристичнім ножем"?

thank you, bro, fixing it! been away from cataclysm forums and the game for too long =(

= ти забув дветочіе в назві статті
yep, although actually i’ve just kept the english title but it’s been fixed since =/ not sure i can change it now, need to investigate… update: fixed!

= У пізніших версіях з’явилися стартові сценарії, у яких персонаж на початку гри повинен втекти з таємної лабораторії, врятуватися з палаючого будинку тощо.
fixed!

= сам самісінький; Може бути “сам самотиною” чи просто “самісінький”?
should have been «сам-самісінький», it’s in the dictionaries, fixed!

= турисичним ножем; “туристичнім ножем”?
fixed!

thanks again! great to know someone cares :wink: