Building Issues

So, I’m in 0.8 which is really cool, an I recently got into building, so I’ve found some bugs which may or may not be version spesific. [size=3pt] spelling, lol. [/size]
1.)I acidently made a window frame and I can’t remove it. Can’t smash it or deconstruct it. same with half and full built walls. (I can smash full ones, buti t takes a crapload of smashing.)
2.)Can’t chop down young trees. Not a huge issue, but meh. Also when I choped a tree down I choped one part into ~150 2x4’s.
3.)I made full stage 3 windows, but can’t open them, or close the curtains.
If this could be fixed I would be much apreciative, [size=3pt] (again, spelling, lol.) [/size] so I can use my brazier safely!

Are the windows full, with sheets, or just glass?

Full, with sheets. When I try to close them, it says I need to be inside the building. Do I need to a a roof or something?
Ok, so I made a roof and now I can open them. That REALLY needs to be explained better.
“You need a roof over your head to open this window!”
Still no idea on how to remove this window frame, however.

Full, with sheets. When I try to close them, it says I need to be inside the building. Do I need to a a roof or something?
Ok, so I made a roof and now I can open them. That REALLY needs to be explained better.
“You need a roof over your head to open this window!”
Still no idea on how to remove this window frame, however.[/quote]

Guessing the problem was that there wasn’t a clearly defined “inside” so the game didn’t know where you needed to be to handle the curtains. Installing the Roof=Floor fixed “inside” and let you handle that.

Partial check: would installing a Roof on the other side of the window allow you to handle the curtains from that side?

Aah, inside vs outside, that explains it.
Looks like all it cares about is whether the player counts as inside or outside, so if you make a window and both sides of it count as inside you can open from either direction. Same with the kinds of doors that are locked from one direction, to break into a house you could build a roof in front of the door, which would unlock it.

If we make shelter construction a major part of the game we’ll need to rework how this works, as it is the assumptions generally work with finished houses, but you get nonsensical results like this with partially constructed houses.