[Suggestion] Adding the ability to remove curtains from windows

Right now, unless there’s some way I’m not aware of, you can’t remove the curtains from a window with curtains without a) bodyslamming it apart or b) deconstructing the window.

I’d like to just pull the sheets off a window. Is that possible?

Vache(2) suggested in IRC about using scissors to cut the curtains down. Maybe something that can cut?

[quote=“MisterFox, post:1, topic:6156”]Right now, unless there’s some way I’m not aware of, you can’t remove the curtains from a window with curtains without a) bodyslamming it apart or b) deconstructing the window.

I’d like to just pull the sheets off a window. Is that possible?

Vache(2) suggested in IRC about using scissors to cut the curtains down. Maybe something that can cut?[/quote]

Idle speculation: have a construction option to convert residential back to basic window?

Some options:
Give windows an 'e’xmine option that includes open/close and ‘tear down curtains’ (shouldn’t even require a tool IMO)
Apply cutting tool to curtains
Make phase 1 of deconstruction remove curtains.
Overload item pickup to pull the curtains off the wall.
Several of the above.

Good idea.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:3, topic:6156”]Some options:
Give windows an 'e’xmine option that includes open/close and ‘tear down curtains’ (shouldn’t even require a tool IMO)
Apply cutting tool to curtains
Make phase 1 of deconstruction remove curtains.
Overload item pickup to pull the curtains off the wall.
Several of the above.[/quote]

Any of those sound great to me kevin, +1 This to be added to game, fuck tearing apart my evac shelter so I can get some makeshift slings

done https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/7713

Mad props on the peeking through windows change, that is a legendary necessity that i did not even think of