Bugs I have found in 0.4 Pre-Release - Growing list addition

Ah, well I can answer both of those Q’s.

First, you can’t examine any of the bionics in your system, you can only activate ones with an active and that’s it, the ability to read what they do is only available when they’re not installed.(Unless you’re talking about actually using them, then I have no idea how to help you)

Second, zombie corpses do slide off, they’re designed to do that, and as for them disspearing, I’ve noticed it, and lost several bladed weapons that way. It’s a known bug and I’m sure one of the coders will get to it eventually.

Well, that’s just all kinds of wrong.

In the bionics screen (default [tt]p[/tt]), press [tt]![/tt] to switch between activate and examine modes. In examine mode, you can see what each of your bionics do, without activating them.

Seems the integrated toolset doesn’t work for deconstruction.

One more.
Attempting to completely fill my vehicle tanks at gas pumps always breaks them. Out of order, NO FUEL FOR YOU! Haven’t tested it but I assume it may have something to do with that fact that I have 6 tanks?

as others have said, artifacts consistently disappear from my inventory on save/reload

they become “none” although they seem to remember how many charges they’re supposed to have

but if you try to activate them they disappear completely.

[quote=“Slax, post:44, topic:683”]One more.
Attempting to completely fill my vehicle tanks at gas pumps always breaks them. Out of order, NO FUEL FOR YOU! Haven’t tested it but I assume it may have something to do with that fact that I have 6 tanks?[/quote]

I believe that if you have the capacity, you just keep refueling until they run out. So yeah, you’re probably just draining them dry.

[quote=“GlyphGryph, post:46, topic:683”][quote=“Slax, post:44, topic:683”]One more.
Attempting to completely fill my vehicle tanks at gas pumps always breaks them. Out of order, NO FUEL FOR YOU! Haven’t tested it but I assume it may have something to do with that fact that I have 6 tanks?[/quote]

I believe that if you have the capacity, you just keep refueling until they run out. So yeah, you’re probably just draining them dry.[/quote]
No, they don’t give any fuel at all from what I could tell. Doing it one step at a time works fine though.

Noticed that the auto-fire mechanism for handguns currently does nothing. Can’t switch to burst fire.
Oh, and the Magazine +20 buff on the battle rifle conversion kit had me confused for a while. “Ooooooh, it’s a 20% increase.” Probably the same deal with the extended mag, I imagine. Add the percentage sign?

If you use the auto-fire mechanism with Trigger Happy, you’ll get up to 3 shots when it goes off. Still can’t switch to burst though.

As for the gas, I remember reading that filling a container has a 1 in 50 chance of breaking the pump. Filling a vehicle also has a chance of breaking the pump, but the chance is checked more often, meaning you can get 40,000 units in a steel jerrycan without breakage but only 2,000 by directly filling a vehicle.

I’m also having trouble saving artifacts, whether they’re on the ground or my person. They show up as ‘none’ every time.

I think bladed weapons getting stuck is broken as well. When a weapon gets stuck, you lose 3 turns. My katana gets stuck EVERY swing, at 13 str and 6 cutting skill. Katanas shouldn’t get stuck. A broadsword, wood axe, or cleaver, maybe. Anyway, cutting weapons get stuck so often that there’s no point using them. A baseball bat will outdamage a katana every time.

I too have found filling jerrycans seems to get you way more petrol than filling the vehicle directly.

I /think/ the fail chances have been equalised in the recent git versions.

Just filled up 1 steel and 3 plastic jerrycans from a pump before it died. It seems even if it dies with a container, it guarantees that you get a full fill - so jerrycans, especially steel ones, guarantee a lot of petrol.

oh - the build I’m using is 0.5prerelease from 5th of May.

RE: Pumping fuel. I’ll take a look at this, because even if it will inevitably drain the pump if you have that much capacity, it should incrementally be filling the tank until you get a failure.

The reason this is so borked in general is jerrycans and other very large containers were added without making the liquid handling system handle them in a rational way, they should really be on a “takes several turns to fill them” and “incremental chances to empty out the pump” system just like with vehicles since they hold similar amounts of fuel. When the pumping code was written the container sizes were fairly trivial, I don’t think there was anything larger than a gallon at the time. Basically the liquid handling code is so borked I think it needs a total rewrite.

RE: Auto-fire kits. Thanks for reporting, this has been an issue since firing modes were reworked back in December, and this is the first report I’ve seen.

Speedy, expedient responses. You guys are great.

I chucked some logs in a brazier, set fire to them, worked fine - when it went out, they’re burnt logs, which supposedly I can’t light.

Here’s a tiny one, the sheet recipe calls for a sewing kit (50 charges) only. You can’t use a bone needle. The bone needle is preferable because it has less volume. This is the only recipe without bone needle support.

Here’s another, eating drugs with the Gourmand trait gives you double morale bonuses. 'a’ctivating drugs works like normal.

I’m on fire. You can craft RV Kitchen Units at a discount if you do so next to an installed RV Kitchen Unit. The pot, frying pan, and hotplate from the installed Unit function as reagents for the new one, without consuming anything.

I did a quickfix that made the chances much closer together, yeah. It still could use a better implementation like Kevin mentioned though, since even with the fix you still have a slightly better chance when filling steel jerrycans or aluminum kegs.

However you can saw up the burnt logs and then burn the resulting two by fours, which seems a bit odd.

However you can saw up the burnt logs and then burn the resulting two by fours, which seems a bit odd.[/quote]

I believe his point is that you actually CAN light “burnt logs.” Because you can. I do it all the time. Usually can craft 5 meats or so before it goes out.