Bugs I have found in 0.4 Pre-Release - Growing list addition

In 0.4, self compiled from the github source dating to 09/04/2013 :

Cutting up a fur coat gave me 18 leather, but it took only 10 pelts to make, and a fur hat took 3 pelts and gave 4 leather.

On the other hand, cutting pelts directly gives only 1 for 1.

Maybe it’s a feature but I figured that it was probably an error.

Also, turrets can’t see shit in the dark, making them mostly decorative, as you can easily destroy them with rocks during the night.

Arrows can’t be fired (or thrown, for that matter) the same way rocks are thrown, leading to some strange situations, like seeing an enemy (like a turret or a smoker zombie) but being unable to shoot him with a bow because there is a bit of darkness or smoke in between, but being able to throw rocks at him.

After some testing on squirrels, it appears that, the way arrows are treated, you can throw them by hand and still do a fairly high amount of damage (26 and 29 with critical hits). Bullets however work fine and do almost no damage when thrown.

(This gives me an idea for a mod… capturing squirrels and rabbits with traps and doing some !SCIENCE! down in the shelter basement… muahahaHAHAHA)

[size=14pt]Please don’t have sex with the wildlife.[/size]

IT’S OK IF THEY’RE CONSENTING !!!

(more seriously, I was thinking about engineering mutations in a controlled way, and using the wildlife as test subjects. As a very late game thing, of course.)

One more bug from the Bay12 forums :

An amplifier circuit needs two transponders, but transponders are disassembled into 3 signal receivers... and each signal receiver uses 2 amplifier circuits...

I can’t smash the benches in the shelter with the full .4 release. at .4 it worked fine. I have done 50 smashes in a row. nothing. was pretty easy with the pre-release

So, I was fighting zombies in a window with a Katana and it got caught in one of them.

I had to finish them of with a spear, but when I was done, all of the corpse were missing and my sword wasn’t there.

I assume that’s a bug.

Also, above me, if you’re using your fists, that is not a bug. They made them tougher for hands, use something like a rock.

so I was able to smash the benches once I got a rock. Not sure if that is a .4 change, but in the olden days it didn’t matter.

[quote=“Braxton, post:26, topic:683”]So, I was fighting zombies in a window with a Katana and it got caught in one of them.

I had to finish them of with a spear, but when I was done, all of the corpse were missing and my sword wasn’t there.

I assume that’s a bug.

Also, above me, if you’re using your fists, that is not a bug. They made them tougher for hands, use something like a rock.[/quote]
The corpses had all vanished completely?
They don’t stay on the tile with the window, they fall to another tile.

No, I mean it literally disappeared into thin air. I looked around the house, in the house, in the fridge, the shed next door. It was nowhere to be found.

Also, turrets walking through walls, holy crap.

Going back on the ol’ heado thing I found earlier (which appears to be only visual, thank goodness), it also affects the speed. My head was hot and in the speed section of the @ menu it said “Hot Heado: -2%”

It’s starting to seem like this was intentional. I bet George A. Romero would’ve liked to know you were supposed to shoot zombies in the heado. And that you can escape many situations of you just think and use your heado. Oh, I can go on forever with this. :3

Dammit. I was sure I had that fixed in the Git version. The issue is, that list of bodyparts is maintained in at least 3 different spots in the code. I may need to combine all those into one centralized location, so that we stop having these issues.

Oh, another!

When you open the containment field or w/e outside CBMs in science labs it opens every single one in the building.

EDIT: Moving furniture through a door makes the door disappear.

Light-strips don’t provide enough light to read, which I assume is their purpose.

Dammit. I was sure I had that fixed in the Git version. The issue is, that list of bodyparts is maintained in at least 3 different spots in the code. I may need to combine all those into one centralized location, so that we stop having these issues.[/quote]

Thanks for looking into these! I sure don’t want to be :slight_smile:

Not necessarily. I noticed that you couldn’t read with them when I added 'em, and wasn’t sure whether or not that was a good thing.

At a minimum, they’re meant to be a cheap way to provide long-lasting minor illumination at night. Useful for navigating in the dark, and such. If people find (or suggest) other uses for them, though, I’m all for that.

So, not sure if anyone is still using this topic to report bugs but I don’t feel like making whole topics for small bugs, so…

One other bug I noticed in science labs is that is you use a teleporter, you’re “@” dissapears from the map and you no longer can “discover” area in the science lab.
As in, you’ll be floating in blackness on the map, no "L"s. This could of been a one time thing, as I’ve yet to try and replicate it but feel free to try yourself.

Also, walked through a city, saw a area, all black, titled “Nothing”, I could walk on it, dig, but it was completely black. Not sure if that’s a thing or a bug.

EDIT: Also, items sometimes appear under the wrong title.
e.g. a Syringe in mods, a suppressor in medicine, stuff like that’

Item labeled as “None” is in my inventory. I believe it was an artifact I had gotten early that let me teleport and recharged by splatting me with boomer puke(Brillaint Design BTW)

[quote=“Braxton, post:35, topic:683”]EDIT: Also, items sometimes appear under the wrong title.
e.g. a Syringe in mods, a suppressor in medicine, stuff like that’[/quote]

It’s because some items are counted as belonging to multiple categories, which ends up messing up the positioning of category labels. I’ve fixed at least one instance of that in the dev version, but I’m not sure if there are other ways to cause it that I’ve missed.

It sounds like artifacts are all sorts of messed up. You’re the third person recently to report issues with saved artifacts. Hopefully someone decides to fix it (I’d consider doing it, but am not sure how much I’d spoiler myself, and am also working on other things).

I find that corpses like to stay on the window tile quite often, also I find that I can’t examine installed bionics. (I am sorry if I missed someone posting this, I skimmed through the topic.)

Corpses shouldn’t be staying on windows, they’re designed to slide off of them when you kill them, I’m not sure how that happened to you.
Also, press “p” or “P” (I forget which) to see bionics.

As for MOAR Bugs, I was in a science lab today, full Power Armor, great weapons, during summer. All that fun stuff when suddenly I STOPPED BREATHING!
Completely random, I was just walking and then my chest health dropped from 90-something to 0.
Now, I was a heavy smoker and recently has taken some large dmg to my chest, but I had healed it back up to green.
I’m not sure if this is a bug or an effect of either of those two. Someone, please do tell.

[quote=“Braxton, post:38, topic:683”]Corpses shouldn’t be staying on windows, they’re designed to slide off of them when you kill them, I’m not sure how that happened to you.
Also, press “p” or “P” (I forget which) to see bionics.[/quote]

Yes in the bionics list, I can’t examine the bionics (it’s p by the way, not P)
and when I am killing zombies they have a tendency to slide off, stay on the window tile, or just disappear!

Wetness isn’t currently handled really well, but work is proceeding to improve it.