Broken bandit camp spawn? (Couldn't find bandit_camp_1)

Version 3580, Windows graphical

I get the mentioned debug message when I get a new mission from the refugee center rep, wherein he/she tasks me to assault a raider outpost, and swears me in as a marshal. After taking the marshal oath, the debug message appears, and a hostile bandit (presumably the camp leader) is spawned in the same room. Killing him/her completes the mission.

Here’s the thing though - I have uncovered quite a lot of world map, at least way more than ever before, and only now I realized I hadn’t spotted a single bandit camp, which leads me to believe the random bandit camps can’t spawn at all as locations, for whatever reason.

I have dynamic NPC spawns set to false. Could that be the cause?

Oh shit. Do you have tanks mod on?

Y… yes. W… why? :expressionless:

Aiee, if it’s broken with tank mod on then it’s broken period. Tank mod is love.

I should’ve known the mapgen hax would break SOMETHING. Removing that part and dummying out the mapgen stuff (and forklifts) in a PR: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/13463

What are these mapgen hacks exactly?

Overwrites for mapgen made to allow special vehicle spawns, which as you can tell borks quests that reference them.

The reason for these is, well…normally if you have multiple mapgen files of the same name, it will pick one at random instead of allowing overwriting.

Wait…I COULD use the weight entry to make the modded version massively more likely to be picked. This would be awkward for multi-map-tile items, like the bandit camp. Less hassle to just dummy it out, as forklifts are the only vehicles TOTALLY depend on mapgen to exist.

Hey Dragon, stop breaking our game man… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

In Soviet Russia, game breaks you!

;A;

Like what? Does this mean we won’t find tanks in the street? But my mini reactors!

Tanks spawn in the streets just fine, that uses vehicle groups.

In any case, found another solution to make the modded mapgen entries EFFECTIVELY override the norm, in a way that doesn’t break quests.

EDIT: I’m dreading the moment when SilverDragon discovers this bug’ll royally fuck up the bandit-hunting quest chain in his playthrough. ;A;

This just happened to me as well. Is there any way to fix it or does it mean anything to do with bandits or bandit camps is bugged for the entire playthrough?

Sadly, they’re fucked. With those mapgens spawned, just removing the overwrite for them will create loads errors, hence why my present PR is dummying out the overwrites in favor of adding a less broken way of getting the new vehicles to spawn there.

And…oh wait, Silver’s still using Series 2, now that I think about it…

sigh I was doing really well on this playthrough too. Oh well, unless I’m misreading things, there hasn’t been an actual fix pushed through yet, is that right? If so, if I start a new game, should I leave the tank mod off for now or what?

It’s not merged yet, sadly. Sorry. x.x

You can copy-and-replace via getting it off Dropbox though, as it should be updated with the version I have PR’d. Link is on the first post of the mod thread (http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=10771.0), or I can link it here. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89427928/Tanks.zip

Ok, thanks! :slight_smile:

And should even worked if dropped into an older save due to retaining the old mapgen files as dummied-out content, but I’ll want to test and further ensure it works as intended.

EDIT: Tested, seems to do so as intended.

Sorry, I’m a bit brain-dead today so I’m not sure I understand. Do you mean if I update the files, and then go back to that save before given the bandit camp mission, it should work properly?

In the sense that it’ll still load, yes. It won’t unbreak the already-broken quest though, because the modded mapgen has already spawned. ;A;

Got it. Thanks again. I’ve only been playing for a couple weeks and I have very little knowledge of programming so I’m trying to learn more about the inner workings as I go along.