[5160] Old Guard quest line broken: couldn't find bandit_camp_1

Greetings!

As the only other thread about this is almost a year old, I decided not to necro it…

Trying to accept the third mission from the Old Guard Representative results in
DEBUG: Couldn’t find bandit_camp_1
FUNCTION: tripoint target_om_ter_random(const string&, int, mission*, bool, int)
FILE: src/mission_start.cpp
LINE: 100

and consequently, there’s no marker on the map to indicate the camp (which apparently has not been placed).
I’m currently on version 0.C-16070-ged1d384, though the world was generated a few dozen builds ago (around 5100 iirc) and has been updated a few times between sessions.
Active mods are Folding Parts pack and Vehicle Additions Pack.
I have a save from before I turned in the second quest and if it helped, I’d look for a place to upload it to.

I really like having the quests to follow, as it gives some structure and purpose to a survivor who has settled, but is still far from invincible… Is this survivor doomed to never advance with this questline, or will updating to a fixed version (once it exists) and then turning in the previous quest spawn the camp as intended? I’ll refrain from exploring and reading roadmaps, so the map will still have lots of unknown space free for the camp…

regards,
LordHelmchen

PS: forgot to mention: SDL on Win7, in case it matters.

I think this only rarely shows up. Sorry it broke. (Do provide a link to the previous thread if you can still find it. Always nice to link those together as they are probably related). Sadly enough, while I recently was testing out the quest line that quest didn’t break for me. So perhaps you have an odd case where there isn’t enough place around for it to place the location.

Can’t you just find a different surivor center and try again there?

I don’t think ahving places explored or not is a problem. My mission was spawned on a map tile that I had already revealed with the reveal all debug mode.

Edit:
Ow and thanks for the nice bug report. You did provide a lot of information.
Edit 2:
Found a bug report about it:
https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/16390 You are not alone.

Did you also get the hostile npc spawn?

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier… should have thought of searching the git bug reports for “bandit camp” instead of “bandit_camp” …

The old thread can be found at http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=11166.0

And, now that I did indeed look around instead of giving up on seeing the error, the Bandit did indeed spawn a few meters away. thanks a lot for that hint, now I can at least go on questing until the survivor center is overrun by the unlucky close fungus.