Bringing Down the Walls

What tools will bring down a house wall? I’ve tried a wood axe about 20 times as the biggest thing so far. Will try a sledgehammer when I can.

Jackhammer, jacqueshammer and explosives, maybe even luring a hulk but that’s risky (and fun).
Even ramming the wall with a car. Fire works too but that will burn the whole place down with it.

Jackhammer is my favorite, Jaqueshammer is too rare and as long as I got no Jackhammer: go explosives, GO!

Cars are a bit risky, you may explode and burn to death. It may work 9 out of 10 times, but well …

[quote=“prytoclasm, post:3, topic:3349”]Jackhammer is my favorite, Jaqueshammer is too rare and as long as I got no Jackhammer: go explosives, GO!

Cars are a bit risky, you may explode and burn to death. It may work 9 out of 10 times, but well …[/quote]
Wheres the fun without the risk of exploding into a fireball of death? :stuck_out_tongue:

C4 explosives blow up a wall right? But i’m afraid to use it cuz i think it will blow up way more than it should…
It won’t bring down a whole house will it?

Ammunition. drop a small pile of it and set it on fire, I’ve used this to break into a few metal doors before.
gotta be careful though, last time I used it, it seems to have thrown some of the flaming ammunition nearby, where it exploded again. Thankfully it was thrown away from me, but still…

First and foremost I’d suggest a car or a truck. Plow down walls even when you don’t mean too. :smiley:

I’ve got a similar question… is there a way to destroy a vehicle without having to dismantle it?

I’ve tried crashing against them with another vehicle but that doesn’t work. I ask coz I found a couple of bugged vehicles I can’t fully dismantle and I’d like them out of the roads.

[quote=“Chiko, post:7, topic:3349”]I’ve got a similar question… is there a way to destroy a vehicle without having to dismantle it?

I’ve tried crashing against them with another vehicle but that doesn’t work. I ask coz I found a couple of bugged vehicles I can’t fully dismantle and I’d like them out of the roads.[/quote]
At the moment… no. There probably should be some type of check that fully removes a part if it gets absolutely destroyed though (maybe link it so that if all parts on a tile are completely destroyed then they are removed?

For house walls we’ll probably do a deconstruct operation that just requires hand tools, just a matter of getting to it. For now your best option is probably the ammo thing.

RE: vehicle parts, the only way to remove parts from a vehicle is to do it manually, when crashed into they just get marked as trashed and become non-functional, though it really shouldn’t be THAT hard to make bits actually fall off or get completely destroyed (for example windshields would just be gone)

[quote=“i2amroy, post:8, topic:3349”][quote=“Chiko, post:7, topic:3349”]I’ve got a similar question… is there a way to destroy a vehicle without having to dismantle it?

I’ve tried crashing against them with another vehicle but that doesn’t work. I ask coz I found a couple of bugged vehicles I can’t fully dismantle and I’d like them out of the roads.[/quote]
At the moment… no. There probably should be some type of check that fully removes a part if it gets absolutely destroyed though (maybe link it so that if all parts on a tile are completely destroyed then they are removed?[/quote]
Yeah, that would make more sense. God forbid I hate having to remove each broken tire from a vehicle.

[quote=“Iosyn, post:10, topic:3349”][quote=“i2amroy, post:8, topic:3349”][quote=“Chiko, post:7, topic:3349”]I’ve got a similar question… is there a way to destroy a vehicle without having to dismantle it?

At the moment… no. There probably should be some type of check that fully removes a part if it gets absolutely destroyed though (maybe link it so that if all parts on a tile are completely destroyed then they are removed?[/quote]
Yeah, that would make more sense. God forbid I hate having to remove each broken tire from a vehicle.[/quote]
Well, I’ve noticed this only happens to “wreckage” vehicles. I’m guessing it happens because you can only dismantle last the starting frame in a vehicle… and wreckages are made of 2 or 3 vehicles.

there are some newer mobs that can destroy walls. I only saw them once and they seemed new to .7. flaming eye or something blew up and destroyed the wall to my shelter. i liked that…

They are from whales version, just rare.

[quote=“youtoo, post:12, topic:3349”]there are some newer mobs that can destroy walls. I only saw them once and they seemed new to .7. flaming eye or something blew up and destroyed the wall to my shelter. i liked that…[/quote] Nah, they’ve been in for a while. It’s just nether creatures are comparatively rare.
Of the top of my head it’s just flaming eyes and hulks, not sure what else-- and if you’re thinking of using flaming eyes for demo work… well, good luck. :stuck_out_tongue: If they decide to flee they’ll just go wherever the hell they want, even through buildings.

Jabberwocks can destroy things just like hulks IIRC.

Heh, the thing about flaming eyes is they’re the one monster that “cheats” with respect to LOS, if they can’t see you, it just makes them fire the eyebeam and MAKE LOS. Turns out they’ll even do it underground, into the starting shelter basement, that was a quick game…

If a hulk or jabberwock can’t see, smell, or hear you, they’ll stay inactive.

Full list is hulk, grabboid, jabberwock, [REDACTED], [REDACTED] and tankbot. Technically the eye doesn’t have it, but its special ability does. Grabboids aren’t much of a big deal since they can’t leave soil tiles.

How about a Deconstruct command for a wall requiring a sledge hammer? :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, how do you clean up all the post jackhammer mess. I’ve shoveled all the shovelable piles, but I still have #'s everywhere.

Yeah, this happens to me too. This is why I don’t break down walls. Help?

Wondering if a broom or a mop could clean it up. I’ll have to find one that I haven’t chopped up…

[quote=“Chiko, post:7, topic:3349”]I’ve got a similar question… is there a way to destroy a vehicle without having to dismantle it?

I’ve encountered that bug too… partially my fault, really, since I wasn’t paying attention and cut a vehicle in half while disassembling it, though you’re not supposed to be allowed to do that. If you somehow manage it anyway, you can’t complete disassembly until you stick something else in to breach the gap.

If you find a vehicle that is stuck in separate pieces, try linking them up with any spare frames you have, and see if that lets you disassemble it properly.