Atomic Nightlight

I found one in a pawn shop. What does it do? Do I need to turn it on or equip it? And how?

Atomic Nightlight is a permanent source of light, enough to read by. It’s always on, and will provide light if you carry it or leave it on the ground. Uhhh… Make sure it doesn’t get damaged because it leaks radiation when damaged.

If it gets damaged you can repair it using a soldering iron.

Atomic nightlights are fantastic. leave one in your vehicle and always be able to find it at night. Craft and read all night long.
Just be aware that you are carrying a visible light-source, so don’t forget to leave it behind if you go night raiding.

I’m pretty sure both nightlight and lightstrip are too small to reveal you while carried on your person. They will reveal you as soon as you drop them on your tile, though.

I’m pretty sure both nightlight and lightstrip are too small to reveal you while carried on your person. They will reveal you as soon as you drop them on your tile, though.[/quote]

Can a dev confirm this?

I’d just leave the light at home. If I’m out and about I’d just as soon leave a lightstrip out of my reality bubble so it doesn’t run down, and now that dome lights are in (and they are awesome) you can use those if you need to read or craft away from home.

Then again I only use lightstrips and the like for reading/crafting after dark at home, and that’s if I move into a place that isn’t an evacuation shelter (grind your Construction up to 2 and gather forty rocks for a fireplace and an evacuation shelter is a great base).

I’m pretty sure both nightlight and lightstrip are too small to reveal you while carried on your person. They will reveal you as soon as you drop them on your tile, though.[/quote]

Can a dev confirm this?[/quote]i can confirm it. When in inventory, it sets lighting to Cloudy, which seems to not reveal any tiles at all but allow you to read craft etc as if lit.

Thanks guys! And I thought I wouldn’t be a noob anymore after playing for 3 years. :stuck_out_tongue:

Note that atomic nightlights don’t provide enough light for you to read efficiently. If you want a brighter permanent lightsource, use a turret.

[quote=“Florin, post:10, topic:8679”]Note that atomic nightlights don’t provide enough light for you to read efficiently. If you want a brighter permanent lightsource, use a turret.[/quote]Actually they do. Just drop them on the ground where you want to read. Sets it to Bright, though, so you will be apotted if you leave it lying around.

Why do I now want a nuclear powered lamp? Like a oil/gas lamp but with bigger area, no need to be refilled but radiates the area if damaged? A atomic garden lamp if you want. And what about atomic gamesystem, cellphone and PDA?

They’re are good to have as they are a permanent source of light that don’t require any fuel or maintenance (unless it get’s damaged and starts leaking).

Atomic powered game consoles, PDAs and other electrical powered objects are possible with enough exploring. Keep raiding those labs!

[quote=“Marza, post:13, topic:8679”]They’re are good to have as they are a permanent source of light that don’t require any fuel or maintenance (unless it get’s damaged and starts leaking).

Atomic powered game consoles, PDAs and other electrical powered objects are possible with enough exploring. Keep raiding those labs![/quote]
I KNOW that they are good, my question was: Why don’t we have MORE atomic powered stuff?
It seems that the stopped giving a f… about radiation, so atomic PDAs, gamesystems, cellphones and REAL lamps aren’t that far off.

Ofc those would be quiet expensive before the cataclysm and thanks to that quiet rare. Hrmm maybe more recipes for Rivtech binders? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

DNAY! Don’t bother with all of this modern balderdash, Flashlights are far superior to them.

How about ATOMIC Flashlights? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh my God,Flashlights Hoarder’s Heart stops for a second I must Tell The World!!!

Isn’t the Atomic Battery Mod already a thing?
Smash a nuke and you now have power foreeveerrr.

I keep seing this thread and reading it wrongly as “Atomic Nightlife”… then cue the song “I like the"Atomic” Nightlife, I like to boogie,…" in my head lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR_BTMUFN5s