Long term or pernament light sources

in my firestadion i must fire so many two by four because i cant craft and read (its too dark)
walking outside do not help because during night is dark and at day everything start to attack me (at least i get some bodies and clothes to use as firewood)

so there is any long term or pernament light other than car battery, flood light and panels?

…The sun?

Loljk. You can use the computer in the evac shelter. It’s permanent.

Glowsticks supposedly last for several weeks or more.

No, they last one night. Lightstrips last a loonnng time.

That’s right, lightstrips are great indoors (Lightstrip recipe)

You could also make or find an atomic nightlight, that’ll be a bit harder, but it will last until you die. (Atomic nightlight recipe)

You can also find atomic nightlights in bank vaults.

They’re quite neat.

Or get full night vision mutation and not need any lights ever again.

thanks now i with my computer skills and stetoscope i go loot banks :slight_smile:

No one mentions making your house over a magma rift? You have both light for night reading and an infinite fire for crafting! Its also conformtably scorching all year round. No more pesky cold ruining your winter.

A magma rift you say? that’d be perfect for cooking bacon or forging rings that may or may not be of significant power
I shall have to look into this…

[quote=“darkmonkey07, post:10, topic:5934”]A magma rift you say? that’d be perfect for cooking bacon or forging rings that may or may not be of significant power
I shall have to look into this…[/quote]
One bacon to rule them all… forged in the hottest magma the middle of the street can offer.

Well if you only need it until you die, you can just set a shrub on fire and stand in it
You’ll be warm and illuminated for the rest of your (significantly shortened) life

I found an atomic nightlight in a missile silo. you could also use the vehicle construction to build a solar lamp. 1 tile wide lamp will charge slowly and drain kind of quick. make it bigger though, or with better solar panels and it will charge faster. making it bigger can also allow for more rechargeable batteries which in turn makes it last longer. youll need a control to turn it on and off. instead of using headlights though, you can try to find a floodlight. flood light is great.

but still, lightstrip or atomic nightlight are best if you can find them. a lot less work, but the lightstrip has to be taken apart and rebuilt when it dies.

The last thread on this subject has all the answers I would give.

http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=6003.msg105793#msg105793

One bacon to rule them all,
one lettuce to find them all,
one tomato To bring them all and in the bread buns bind them.