Atomic Night Light does not actually provide light

The atomic night light does not work as a light source in the newest experimental. I’ve tried holding it in my inventory, wielding it, and dropping it on the floor at my feet, but it doesn’t increase the light level past “very dark”. Sewing, disassembling, crafting, and reading do not work even when in proximity to the night light.

EDIT: For clarification, the nightlight DOES provide a small circle of light when it’s dark (so you can see the tiles surrounding it, it just doesn’t function as a light source in terms of crafting/reading.

Definitely related to the major lighting overhaul, which I am at a loss to explain half-decently. Hopefully Kevin or somebody with a better grasp of it can inform where the issue lies.

I’m not better informed than Pth over here but still, I’m somewhat doubtful it’s a bug and not an intentional change

With the new lighting system in the works- Consoles & nightlights do not provide the same amount of lighting as say- internal dome lights or an atomic lamp.

Which seems reasonable. [size=8pt]Rolling a cig at night using my monitor as a lightsource is about as easy as doing it in the dark >_>[/size]

on a slightly offtopic note, I really wouldn’t mind seeing a topic per major meta-change / addition to the game such as there are for mods.

Considering that some weeks we might have as many as 10 “major meta-tweaks” going in, combined with the fact that many of the devs don’t actually play as a player that often (and thus are sometimes slightly unaware of what the current “major meta” is), that’s a fair bit of work. :stuck_out_tongue: Come the stable version changes like that are usually listed in the changelog, but for the experimental version honestly your best bet is either going to be following the build bot tracker or the actual github to see what is changing.

Was reported some time ago and there’s PR waiting for a merge already https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/12629