Atomic Nightlight

So I found one, which seems awesome since it will let me read in the basement of my evac shelter without using up all my batteries. Small problem, I can’t figure out how to use it. First I assumed that it would of course require power, fortunately I had some plutonium power cells so that seemed like it would work. If there is an option to load them into the thing though I can’t find it. Anyone figured out how this item works/what powers it yet? I want my Nightlight!

You don’t have to do anything to it in order for it to work. It’s always on.

In fact, the only way to turn it off is to disassemble it.

Is it’s light radius greater than the lightstrips’ or?

Sadly, I don’t think you can read or sew from it.

Sure enough it IS on…huh. I guess I expected it to light up more space but that will still do just fine. Thanks. =)
Edit: Yes you CAN read by it, you just have to stand directly on top of it.

[quote=“ClusterDSA, post:5, topic:4083”]Sure enough it IS on…huh. I guess I expected it to light up more space but that will still do just fine. Thanks. =)
Edit: Yes you CAN read by it, you just have to stand directly on top of it.[/quote]
You might be able to also hold it in your inventory to read/sew (I know that lightstrips and glowsticks will both work that way).

does it give off radiation?

It’s basically the same as a lightstrip or glowstick except it never runs out of power. And no, it doesn’t pose a radiation risk.

Sounds like a tritium light which is just beta decay (electron emission and won’t penetrate the glass) coupled with phosphor.

[quote=“Rivet, post:2, topic:4083”]You don’t have to do anything to it in order for it to work. It’s always on.

In fact, the only way to turn it off is to disassemble it.[/quote]

Wow, I feel real dumb for throwing mine out, now. I thought it was a partially implemented feature, haha.

I was able to read with it when I dropped it, IIRC.

Must. have. atomic nightlight.