Artyom's Gun Emporium (Update 2 Hotfix 1) Holy shit

It was in Red Dead Redemption? Huh, the more you know.

Cough Cough Its a triple…

Its an antitank pistol, not a flare gun with a stock.

Sorry bout that, Here ya go EPK (Pyrkal) machine gun - Wikipedia

Well then, There is a lot of work cut out for you.

[quote=“ApatheticExcuse, post:457, topic:10035”]I haven’t played the newest version of Cata, but from my understanding, there’s a magazine system now. Out of curiosity, does this shiny gun package take into account that some of the guns you list share the same magazines? Glocks and AKs or pretty obvious examples, but some stuff like the CZ75 and the Jericho interchange mags IRL too

Also, +1 on the adding some kind of Mauser a few people have mentioned - they were one of the most produced gun the world before the AK-47 came around. Doesn’t have to be an 8x57 if you’re wanting to keep from having to add ammo that’s only used in one gun. Could add a P-17 or a Springfield or a sporterized gun chambered in an existing calibre like .30-06. Both are fairly common in North America.[/quote]

I thought the MG34, MG42, and Gewehr 98 shared the 8x57mm?

No Webleys in the game.

[quote=“BorkBorkGoesTheCode, post:462, topic:10035”][quote=“ApatheticExcuse, post:457, topic:10035”]I haven’t played the newest version of Cata, but from my understanding, there’s a magazine system now. Out of curiosity, does this shiny gun package take into account that some of the guns you list share the same magazines? Glocks and AKs or pretty obvious examples, but some stuff like the CZ75 and the Jericho interchange mags IRL too

Also, +1 on the adding some kind of Mauser a few people have mentioned - they were one of the most produced gun the world before the AK-47 came around. Doesn’t have to be an 8x57 if you’re wanting to keep from having to add ammo that’s only used in one gun. Could add a P-17 or a Springfield or a sporterized gun chambered in an existing calibre like .30-06. Both are fairly common in North America.[/quote]

I thought the MG34, MG42, and Gewehr 98 shared the 8x57mm?

No Webleys in the game.[/quote]

They do. I hadn’t bothered to read the earlier posts when I wrote that, just the guns in the OP, which with a few exceptions are all available in existing calibres.

A few non-gun gun related suggestions if you get tired of programming firearms:

Carbon Fibre barrels - They aren’t overly hard to make, but require carbon fibre in a proper sheet configuration, special epoxy, either an existing barrel or a mandrill, etc. etc. Since CF isn’t a material in game, and not overly hard doesn’t mean you don’t need pretty specific knowledge to build one, it might be better to have them be something you fin din gunstores - they aren’t uncommon. They’re very easy to install on most bolt action rifles, but require a pre-made blank or some more specialized tooling to install on an automatic/semi. Makes the gun lighter. In theory, would require a reamer tool.

Muzzle brakes - Reduces recoil. Easy to install on anything that isn’t a semi-auto pistol, which usually requires more work or should just be ported instead.

Barrel Porting - has a negative effect on accuracy, but is very easy to do. Also reduces recoil, but not as much as a brake.

^both make the gun much louder.

Lathes/Mills - You can very easily make a simple, safe, functioning gun with a lathe, assuming you already have a rifled barrel (or don’t care about rifling), and having a mill helps. YOu can’t really do the same with a welder or soldering iron IRL.

Calibre conversions - requires reamers. There’s quite a few more potentially sticky things involved IRL, but game-wise you could keep it simple and say you just need a reamer of the proper calibre to turn your rifle from one thing to another.

Magazine conversions - There’s quite a few brands out there, and most are drop in. That said, you won’t find them for mausers, winchesters, etc. etc. - of the stuff I know is in the game, I think the Remington 700 is the only gun that you can get one for IRL. Changes your floorplate out for a detachable magazine.

+1 on the M30 or any other drilling. I don’t know how the mechanics here work, but could have the rifle barrel fire by toggling the firing mode like on a semi/auto.

All these suggestions… Man.

I have a lot of work ahead of me.

I would like to see carbon fiber and fiberglass added to game materials, along with carbon fiber barrels and frames. Muzzle brakes and ported barrels are already ingame. A form of caliber conversion is already ingame, but it is very magical.

I want to add a Industrial mod that would include lathes and such, but I need to research more.

Magazine-to-belt conversions are possible, so i think it will be easy to add magazine conversions.

You could either use the same method as the combination gun, or you could use the fire mode system.

The applications I’ve used it for seem like they’re not more difficult that molding plastic would be for an individual. I’d have to agree - it would make sense for them to be in the main branch of the game.

Apparently I REALLY need to update to a more recent version.

I want to add a Industrial mod that would include lathes and such, but I need to research more.

If you need any help, let me know. The crafting is nicely complex in vanilla, but in the wrong ways sometimes. Lack of tools beyond “metal chisels” (which I assume is a file) and welders, etc. is a bit unimmersive and adding another specialty tool or two wouldn’t wreck the gameplay in my opinion*.

Magazine-to-belt conversions are possible, so i think it will be easy to add magazine conversions.

I’d have to agree. IRL it’s much harder to make a gun not intended to feed from a belt do so than it is to put a magbox in a simple rifle. Actually, it’s probably easier to design a whole new gun than to make a magazine gun feed from a belt.

You could either use the same method as the combination gun, or you could use the fire mode system.

Afraid I’m not familiar with that. I’m sure Artyom will find a good way to do it.

A few more on-topic-ish ideas:

Calico M960A - 9mm, I wouldn’t call these well designed ergonomically but they are mechanically neat and run off 100 round heli mags. Full, semi, and .40 S&W versions available

Calico M100 - .22 LR, otherwise similar to the above.

Calico Liberty III - Ok, so this is probably the ugliest, most ungainly handgun in the world (the tac version is maybe worse de, but it runs off the same 100 round magazines as the 960A. So that’s kinda cool.

Vapen VO Falcon - Or rather, THE VO Falcon. I think only one person has coughed up the money to have one made (around $850,000). I don’t know much about the specifics - it looks like a fairly unremarkable bolt action rifle backed by a “get the most exclusive rich people stuff” ad campaign from a design standpoint (really, it’s a handmade Rem 700 clone with slight tweaks), but it is BEAUTIFUL to look at. It’s a multicalibre thing with a reasonably decent looking takedown system.

AG-42 - 6.5x55, coolest semi of the WWII era.

Swiss K31 - 7.5x55, straight pull, highly accurate bolt action.

H&K VP70 - 9mm. The first ever polymer pistol. Suggested in case the Calico above gets tired of being the only hideous, poorly thought out, hard to use gun in the mod. Also, it has it’s sights on backwards, which is a thing I guess.

*Now that I say that, I take a look at threads relating to the new car building system, which seems to have detracted from the fun a bit. So maybe it wouldn’t be great. I don’t know.

I’d have to agree. IRL it’s much harder to make a gun not intended to feed from a belt do so than it is to put a magbox in a simple rifle. Actually, it’s probably easier to design a whole new gun than to make a magazine gun feed from a belt.

I’m not sure if you meant “disagree”, or if you’re trying to say that the magazine–to-belt-conversions are unrealistic, but either way I’d point out that there are a number of real life converters that do both types of conversion. For some guns, especially modern military automatic and semiautomatic rifles, it’s a simple modular replacement of the feed mechanism to go from one to the other. (Some can even use both right out of the box.) There is also a variety of converter that works like a mechanical hopper- it plugs into the normal magazine port, and works by pulling cartridges from the belt and feeding them to the gun just like a magazine would. Most guns that are belt fed, meanwhile, can be converted to a magazine-like configuration just by putting the belt inside of a box or drum and figuring out a way to mount it on or near the gun. Some like the Minigun really don’t care how the ammo’s getting fed to them- that one would probably fire from a bucket with a hole cut in it so long as the cartridges fell out facing the right way round.

[quote=“scorpion451, post:467, topic:10035”]

I’m not sure if you meant “disagree”, or if you’re trying to say that the magazine–to-belt-conversions are unrealistic, but either way I’d point out that there are a number of real life converters that do both types of conversion. For some guns, especially modern military automatic and semiautomatic rifles, it’s a simple modular replacement of the feed mechanism to go from one to the other. (Some can even use both right out of the box.) There is also a variety of converter that works like a mechanical hopper- it plugs into the normal magazine port, and works by pulling cartridges from the belt and feeding them to the gun just like a magazine would. Most guns that are belt fed, meanwhile, can be converted to a magazine-like configuration just by putting the belt inside of a box or drum and figuring out a way to mount it on or near the gun. Some like the Minigun really don’t care how the ammo’s getting fed to them- that one would probably fire from a bucket with a hole cut in it so long as the cartridges fell out facing the right way round.[/quote]

I was meaning mag-to-belt is generally unrealistic. Going from belt-to-mag is fairly common if we’re counting just dropping the belt into a box - which is very common but doesn’t solve the biggest downsides of using a belt, i.e. more difficult reloading and in the case of older guns, picky feed systems. There is couple I’m aware of for AR-15 style guns (two hopper styles and one done-for-you upper replacement), but I don’t know of any for any other gun that wasn’t specifically designed for it. Even at that, the hopper styles don’t work with ALL ARs without sometimes having to perform pretty significant modifications, and are both pretty much a copy of the original Eugene Stoner prototype design he cooked up back when the AR was in development. So you could kinda say that the AR is designed for it, and even at that doesn’t always work particularly well with a conversion. Replacing a complete feed mechanism without a kit is far from simple, and even with a kit would involve a fair bit of playing around and test firing to get it working reliably.

I might be missing some for other rifles, but it’s certainly not common stuff.

There’s some other considerations to take into account here - most non-military guns simply aren’t designed to put out that volume of fire. Running 200 rounds very quickly through a military M16A2 gets it very hot and isn’t good for it. Running the same amount through a civilian AR starts to wreck things.

I don’t have any idea which guns conversions can be applied to in game, but by my thinking if it’s anything beyond an AR or a gun that can take belts and mags IRL, it’s maybe a touch unrealistic. Conversely, turning your Remington 700 into a detachable magazine gun involves undoing two screws, taking the bottom metal off, putting the conversion kit in, and re-doing the screws. So, long post short, that’s why I said it’s quite a bit easier than mag-to-belt.

Miniguns/cannons are pretty far out of the realm of my day-to-day gun experience, but as far as I know most of them feed off of large drums or have a de-linking system that allows belts - you’re probably not too far off saying a proper bucket would work, since the gun relies on external power to feed and operate and is accordingly less picky.

Heya, latest experimentals changed some required fields.

I went through and “fixed” them up. Feel free to use these changes if you want.

Oh and you should get github, cuz then I could have just done a pull request.

have you thought of adding the winchester .50 bmg anti tank rifle? : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYVRL5Tp5Tk

Is the TP-82 a secret find in this? :smiley:

Yeah, actually.

It’s been re-chambered for .700 NX and has the extra barrel ment for shooting the 12 gauge shot.

Incredibly rare though, and renamed the RA-96.

Have you added the FN FNC yet? I watched an episode of forgotten weapons a while ago that stated the FNC is one of the more common and less expensive assault rifles available for civillian purchase in the United States.

Will you include the Bang?

Could you PR the Colt Single Action army?

Getting errors when I use this mod, even when it’s the only one I’m loading. Not sure how to post what it is here without trying to type it all out.

I should also add that the error only happens 10% of the time, the other 90% is just refusing to go to the character creation screen.

Yeah i’ll get right on that. I’ve been busy so sorry for the late response.

Will you add the “.22 Tuba” wildcat cartridges?

sorry to be that guy but does this work with version 0.C?

I don’t intend to insult anybody, and I don’t think Artyom177 intended to either.

Error when trying to start a new character in a world with this mod active in latest experimentals.