Artyom's Gun Emporium (Update 2 Hotfix 1) Holy shit

On the Chauchat, It was an amazing gun actually. In its standard 8mm Lebel round it was one of the hardiest guns out there. It was the 30-06 american port that completely facked its reputation.

Yep.

Durability and reliability are different; Reliability determines the rate of feed malfunctions.

Yep.

Durability and reliability are different; Reliability determines the rate of feed malfunctions.[/quote]

The 8mm Lebel version was reliable, the 30-06 version was the unreliable piece of crap. To be honest he should add both versions if he does these

Oh shit that it a big list. Uhhh… I’ll just go through it and tell you what will be (probably) added and what might not be.

Mauser C96: Already in the mod. (Red 9, and Type 17 variants respectively. Would go for the 7.63 but eh… Too lazy :P)
Chauchat: Yes, Because I love unreliable automatic weapons. (and I know what you said Blitzkried. But the fact there are so many holes in that gun it reminds me of Swiss cheese and from documented accounts… It might just be the most unreliable weapon ever fielded in history. But I dare say, the most adorable.)
Maxim: Maybe, I could see someone carry around a Lewis gun. But defiantly not a Maxim.
Lebel model 1886: Good old French hardware, Yes.
Arisaka type 38 and 44: Yes
Berretta model 1915: Awwww. Baby handgun :smiley:
Berretta model 1918: First submachine gun; totally.
MP18: First GOOD submachine gun; Yes
Browning Auto-5: Already in the mod
Browning M1917: Same problem with the Maxim…
Browning M1918 BAR: Already in… Wait where did it go? Ah shit… I’ll add it again. (fucking Notepad++ crashes…)
Carcano Modello 1891: Yes
Browning M1895: Could see someone carrying this around. Most likely yeah.
Davis Gun: Okay… You know what, fuck it. I want to add this because it’s the most ridiculous man-portable weapon ever that wasn’t even man-portable.
Fedrov Avtomat M1916: Yeah, totally.
FIAT-Revelli Modello 1915: You think that this gun would be smaller.
Model 1917 RCS: Ahhh… Even more unreliable french weapons. Mmmmm… Love the smell of pot metal in the morning.
Hotchkiss Model 1914: Like the M1895, Most likely.
Martini-Henry Rifle: I like it, simple. Yet effective.
T-Gewehr: AWWW SHIT BABY, HELL YEAH!
Gewehr 98: Why is this not in mainline already?
MKII Pineapple grenade: Uhhh… This is a grenade. This is Gun Emporium not Weapon Emporium.
M24 Stielhandgranate: No! Screw your stick grenades!
Fusil Monragon: Like it.
Nagant Model 1895: Again, Why is it not mainlined yet?
Remington Model 10: Totally.
Springfiels M1903: What Bork Said.
Webley Bull Dog: Again, Awwww.
Winchester Model 1907: Yes
Winchester Model 1915: And… Yes.

That should clear things up. I like almost all of these guns and hope to add them into the mod! Thanks Blitzkried!

Whoops, I missed the Browning m1918. A generic version is in mainline under the name Browning Automatic Rifle
Could you create s.S and Observer cartridges for the Gewehr 98, and are you going to use German r SAAMI measurements?

I’m not that familiar with the Gewehr 98. So I have no idea what you are talking about :stuck_out_tongue:

s.S is longer-range ammo. Observer ammo is explosive/incendiary.

The name of the 7.92x57mm/8x57mm has varied a lot:

Quick question, is this mod well balanced or are gun stats realistic yet not balanced gameplaywise? Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback Artyom! Also fair warning a WWII list will be made soon :wink:

Vulpes: I tend to cater them more on the realism side, but add my own flare to them. Tweaking damage and accuracy values to make them sorta-accurate. But from how much I play my own mod the guns seem to be well balanced. Because… Well… All the more powerful guns are extremely rare and hard to find.

Seems the latest experimental is causing issues with the mod. Getting a lot of undefineds from all the weapons and ammo. Reverted for now.

some minor errors, i think 2 are from this mod, but 1 might be from something else:?

Fixed it :smiley:

:slight_smile: This typo lights my heart.

Here is the list you never asked for! ALL THE WWII GUNS!!! (Fair warning I might have some from the normal game, previous list, or your mod.)

Webley Mk.VI
S&W Victory
Enfield Revolver
Owen Gun
Bren Gun
PIAT
Boys AT Rifle
Steyr M1912 (Most of these guns were made in Midwar-WWII though some will be older. Dem underdeveloped countries.)
Steyr-Mannlicher M1895
MP-34
Browning HP
Vz.24
Ithaca 37
Luger P08
Karabiner (And Mauser) 98k
ZK 383
MP40
MG34
MG42
Sten Gun
M50 Reising
M3 Grease Gun
Mauser C96
Torakev TT-33
Nambu Type 14
SVT-40
M1 Garand
M1/2/3 Carabine
General Liu Rifle
Mondragon
PPSH-41
PPS-43
Type 100
U.D M42
Winchester M12
Winchester Automatic Rifle (W.A.R)
Carcano
Panzerschreck
Panzerfoust
Solothurn S-18
Ruby Pistol
MAS 38
Erma EMP
Ribeyrolle 1918
Walther P38
Gewehr 41
Gewehr 43
Gewehr 98
Gewehr 88
Volkssturmgewehr 1-5
MP35
MP41
MP3008
STG-44
Sturmgewehr 45
FG42
M30 Luftwaffe
Sturmpistole
Wz.35
Flammenwerfer 35
Gras Rifle
Hotchkiss M1922
EPK Mg
Brandt Mle 27/31
FEG 35M
Berretta modello 1938
OVP
Breda modello 1930
Nambu Type 94
Arisaka
Type 97 Automatic Cannon
Nambu Type 99
Bazooka
SKS
PTRS-41
DP-28 (Or as I like to call it “The Pan Flute”)
Slostin Gun (You would mount is or something… ITS JUST COOL, M’KAY?)
M1941 Johnson
FP-45 Liberator (Lel)
M2 Hyde
Johnson M1941 LMG
Remington 31
Stevens M520/620

Well there ya go. A crap tonne more than last time.

:slight_smile: This typo lights my heart.[/quote]

I would love to say that it was intentional but… I sometimes suck at grammar. :stuck_out_tongue:

I haven’t played the newest version of Cata, but from my understanding, there’s a magazine system now. Out of curiosity, does this shiny gun package take into account that some of the guns you list share the same magazines? Glocks and AKs or pretty obvious examples, but some stuff like the CZ75 and the Jericho interchange mags IRL too

Also, +1 on the adding some kind of Mauser a few people have mentioned - they were one of the most produced gun the world before the AK-47 came around. Doesn’t have to be an 8x57 if you’re wanting to keep from having to add ammo that’s only used in one gun. Could add a P-17 or a Springfield or a sporterized gun chambered in an existing calibre like .30-06. Both are fairly common in North America.

Webley Mk.VI: Oh hell yeah totally.
S&W Victory: Like it
Enfield Revolver: I think they might have it in game, not sure.
Owen Gun: Oh baby.
Bren Gun: Already in the mod.
PIAT: God.
Boys AT Rifle: Love it!
Steyr M1912: The APS of 1912. Like it
Steyr-Mannlicher M1895: Another bolty. Love it
MP-34: MP40 before it was cool.
Browning HP: In mod already
Vz.24: Another bolty.
Ithaca 37: Already in the mod.
Luger P08: Already in the mod.
Karabiner (And Mauser) 98k: I really need to add these one day…
ZK 383: Really like that barrel shroud there.
MP40: Man how did I forget about this when I made that WWII update a while back…
MG34: Eh… Not as cool as the MG42.
MG42: Kinda have it in the mod as the MG3.
Sten Gun: Already in the game
M50 Reising: Cool little baby SMG
M3 Grease Gun: Again, how did I forget?
Mauser C96: Already in mod.
Torakev TT-33: Already in game.
Nambu Type 14: Really just a tweak in stats from the Luger.
SVT-40: Holy shit i’m losing it. I forget everything!
M1 Garand: Already in game
M1/2/3 Carabine: I need to add these.
General Liu Rifle: Another bolty rifle… Yay? Kidding. I love it!
Mondragon: Bolt rifle with a drum magazine… LOVE IT!
PPSH-41: Already in game
PPS-43: Need to add this.
Type 100: The Japanese Sten.
U.D M42: OMG I love this.
Winchester M12: Not as cool as the Trench Gun.
Winchester Automatic Rifle: Not as cool as the BAR. Plus you can’t make jokes with the WAR.
Carcano: Loved this in Red Dead: Redemption. So probabbly yeah.
Panzerschreck: Would love too. But not a gun. :stuck_out_tongue:
Panzerfoust: Would love too. But not a gun. :stuck_out_tongue:
Solothurn S-18: Looks so menecing…
Ruby Pistol: Awwwww.
MAS 38: God… It looks so… Depressed.
Erma EMP: Wow look at that magazine placement.
Ribeyrolle 1918: Like the Chauchat but even worse.
Walther P38: Need to add this.
Gewehr 41: Need to add this.
Gewehr 43: Need to add this.
Gewehr 98: Need to add this.
Gewehr 88: Need to add this.
Volkssturmgewehr 1-5: God… That is the shittiest rifle I’ve ever seen.
MP35: Yes
MP41: Yes
MP3008: Yes
STG-44: Absolutely Yes.
Sturmgewehr 45: The more self loathing STG-44.
FG42: Already in mod.
M30 Luftwaffe: YES. We need more double barrels.
Sturmpistole: …It’s a flare gun with a stock. INGENUITY!
Wz.35: God it looks so stupid. I love it.
Flammenwerfer 35: Not. A. Gun. D:<
Gras Rifle: The grass rifle.
Hotchkiss M1922: Ah yes. The Bren’s bastard cousin.
EPK Mg: https://www.google.com/search?q=Wz.35&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi-3c2njqzOAhVKRiYKHVSMDf4Q_AUICSgC&biw=1366&bih=681#tbm=isch&q=EPK+Mg
Brandt Mle 27/31: …You should know by now what I think.
FEG 35M: Looks pretty cool!
Berretta modello 1938: Already in the mod.
OVP: I can’t help but feel sorry for this gun.
Breda modello 1930: Crude, but lovable.
Nambu Type 94: Need to add this.
Arisaka: Defently need to add this.
Type 97 Automatic Cannon: Yes. Just… Yes.
Nambu Type 99: Oh Herro. Arnother Bren knockoff. Oh yers. (I’m sorry.)
Bazooka: Not. A gun.
SKS: Already in base game.
PTRS-41: Well fuck me. I love it.
DP-28 (Or as I like to call it “The Pan Flute”): Already in the mod. In all it’s pancake glory.
Slostin Gun: Naw man. You carry that bitch around.
M1941 Johnson: I always looked at this gun and thought, "Why did we use this?"
FP-45 Liberator: God that gun is such a peice of junk… I think it’s super adorable though.
M2 Hyde: Best thing ever. Any gun that sounds close to “Hydra” is good enough for me. In fact… Hmmmm… Yes… Maybe another… Unique?
Johnson M1941 LMG: Same for the regular Johnson.
Remington 31: The 870 of WWII
Stevens M520/620: Eh. I like it.

Really? I had no idea CZ75 magazines work for the Jericho. Damn. I didn’t know that.

They do indeed. The Jericho is internally a CZ clone. At one point the barrels were even interchangeable without any real fitting required - might not be that way anymore since I sold off a good chunk of the CZ-themed portion of my collection a few years ago and haven’t played with them much since. There’s about a half dozen other guns that come to mind that also share the mags, as well as a few even more direct clones.

On the topic of similar things - Enfield revolvers are a direct copy of Webleys, to the point that W&S sued the British government for pattent infringement. I dunno which version of the Enfield is already in the game but I’m betting it’s a .38/200 model, which is just a garbage calibre. Accordingly and for variety, I’d beseech you to add a Webley in the much cooler .455 popgun. Of course, then you’d have to also add the neat Webley-Fosbery and Webley Automatic so that the Mk IV doesn’t get lonely being the only .455. Hell, I’d root for the .455 lend lease S&W Victory too. If there’s rare guns in this, why not add neat old ones too?

And just cause someone needs to stick up for the poor, ugly Johnson - it’s a very advanced gun for it’s time, and totally pioneered the modular rifle concept*.

A couple that I would suggest:

Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk.III* - .303 Brit, or .308 in the case of the AIA guns. I’ve also built a .45-70 version though I wouldn’t do it again IRL. C’mon. Best rifle ever**!

Lee-Enfield No.5 Mk I - .303 Brit. Shorter, but surprisingly also less accurate. Turns out all that wood does do something for the harmonics. Go figure.

A Charlton device mod for the above. Or one of the half dozen other automatic conversions that exist for these.

De Lisle Carbine - .45 ACP, intergrally silenced, all the badass of a lee-enfield but in a quiet pistol-calibre package. I don’t remember what mags it actually took - the one I built used 1911 mags and worked fine/looked ok. It might have been Thompson mags, but those aren’t legal here. IDK.

Kel-Tec Sub 2000, 9mm or .40 S&W, found in glock, s&w 4506 (I think), beretta 92, and sig sauer mag compatible versions. Folds in half.

Kel-Tec KSG -12 ga, 15 round shotgun. You probably already have this in there.

Kel-Tec RFB - .308, takes FN FAL mags, metric if that matters. Probably the most accurate bullpup I’ve ever shot.

Winchester 1892 - .44, .357/.38, or .45 Colt. I think this might be in vanilla but should be if it isn’t.

Henry AR-7 - .22 LR, takes down in three pieces, stows in the stock, floats.

TNW ASR - 9mm, but the 10mm version is much more badass and suited to killing things bigger than people. Takes glock mags, also takes down for storage.

Chiappa Triple Threat - 12 ga, three barreled shotgun. They’re kinda junk IRL but pretty cool.

BUL M-5 or Para-Ord P14 - .45 ACP, 1911 with doublestack 14 round capacity. The BUL is lighter, but if the Para is a later version, it probably works better.

A craftable punt gun. Couple pounds of powder and whatever you can fit in the end. You know, to go on my SUPERDEATHMOBILE duck hunting boat.

1847 Walker replica - .44 black powder I don’t think originals are serviceable very often, but this was a hugely powerful pistol for it’s day, holding only 10 grains less of powder than the original .45-70 load. Also weighs like 4 or 5 lbs and is just over a foot long, but they point surprisingly nice.

H&K P7 - 9mm. Just kinda neat, very far ahead of it’s time.

Walther P1 - 9mm, mags interchange with the P38. It’s a little lighter but the P38 works better.

Walther P5 - as above. It’s the compact version.

Colt All American 2000 - 9mm, my pick for one of the worst-functioning guns of all time, but internally neat.

Radom Pistol - 9mm. Don’t know why these aren’t very well known as even the Nazi-built ones are top quality guns.

Mag Research BFR - it’s maybe already in there, but should be if not. Take your pick of ridiculous chamberings, but .45-70 as a nice ring to it.

Bond Arms Snakeslayer - are .410s a thing in the mod? If not, it comes in everything from .357 to .45 colt to custom built .45-70 (which hurts, frankly).

Marlin 1895 - .45-70. The SBL comes with a rail for all your tacticool needs. I’m kinda coming off as a little TOO into .45-70s, aren’t I?

A simple craft to convert a flare gun to a single shot 12 ga pistol - it’s not hard IRL.

THink that’s what I’d suggest offhand. Sure I’ll throw millions more at you later.

EDIT: Oh, a few more.

S&W 52 - .38 Special if you want to shoot with the cool kids. Heavy, accurate target semi-auto.

S&W 59, 5904, 5906, 5946, etc. etc. - 9mm. These guns get pretty much no press, but are currently the most common semi-automatic in North American police service, and also see use with the some US military units. You’d think it would be a Glock or something, but no, it’s these heavy, well made pistols it seems no one has ever heard of.

S&W 4500 series - pretty much as the above, but in .45 ACP and not as common. They’re also out there in .45 Super, though I don’t think there’s a .460 Roland version :(.

S&W 460V - .460 S&W. You can also shoot .454 Casull, and .45 Colt from these. .460 > .500 IRL.

Which reminds me - does your mod fix the ridiculous “you can shoot .270 out of a .30-06” type stuff in vanilla? In that case, I’ll stop trying to edit my game, update to this version, and try your setup instead. And then likely spam you incessantly with this stuff.

*or would have if it hadn’t been mostly ignored.

**not really.