Pistol pack

Hi everyone! I was lurker for long time and decided to register. I read that there is small amount of mods for CDDA 0.C.

I’m making simple mod which add new handguns. All ‘factual’, objective data (ie weight, clipsize, etc.) are done. Subjective values (to hit, reload time, etc.) also are done (based on factual data like barrel lenght, muzzle velocity, etc.), but need balance and maybe more divercity. For now, some weapons have wrong ammo type (if proper ammo doesn’t exist in game), but I’m working on it.

Currently mod contains:
Harrington & Richardson .32
Hackler & Koch MK23
Cobra Raven
AMT On Duty
Savage M1907
Webley-Fosbery
Colt Peacemaker
Colt Python
Rohrbaugh R9
Bersa Thunder 9
Mannlicher M1901
Webley M1909
Smith & Wesson 4006
CZ 75
MAB PA-15
Llama M82
Walther PPK
Mauser C96
SIG-Sauer P220
Vis 35
Vektor CP1
Makarov
Sphinx AT 2000 GM
FEG 37M
Beretta 92
Beretta 93m

If you have some suggestions to add new handguns, please post, and I consider it :slight_smile:
Download will be provided when mod will be done. But if someone would like to help with balancing (or whatever) I can send future version for test.

Walther PPK is already in game (relatively rare).

.357 ammunition is not in game, just in case any of those pistols named use it.

Good Luck with the modding.

Looks fucking amazing. How’s progress coming along?

Fun fact: You can trim a 9x19mm casing down to 9x18mm and use it in a Makarov just fine. If somebody reeeeeeaaaaallllllyyyy wanted to, I guess they could make that a recipe that turns 9mm casings into 9x18mm casings and make a new ammo for the Makarov, even if none exists.

*Edit: Even though I’m a gun nut, I don’t necessarily see the need for any more guns in Cata, but I’m not gonna complain, and I will use any extra gun mods that are mainlined.

Speaking of 9×Something, I think we need the Beretta M1934 and the 9×17mm Corto/Kurz, just to mess with the average survivor.
And if you’re going to add the Makarov, you might as well add the PB as well, just to give the 9×18mm more uses.

9x17 = .380 ACP, which I believe is already in.

There’s a .38 cal in the game, but it seems to be a mix of at least two different bullets (9×22.8mm and 9×29.5mm), and yet they can be used interchangeably. (One of the reasons why ?×?mm is a way better format than .? cal.)

Always wanted to see that israeli Desert Eagle in this game, Unless it’s in and just goes by a different name.

A Desert Eagle is already in CDDA ; It’s called “Desert Eagle .44” - it’s description:

One of the most recognizable handguns due to its popularity in movies, the "Deagle" is better known for its menacing appearance than its performance. It's highly inaccurate, but its heavy weight reduces recoil

A Desert Eagle is already in CDDA ; It’s called “Desert Eagle .44” - it’s description:

One of the most recognizable handguns due to its popularity in movies, the "Deagle" is better known for its menacing appearance than its performance. It's highly inaccurate, but its heavy weight reduces recoil
[/quote] Well damn. I've never actually found it with any toon then, And i've kept an eye open just for it. xD That's embarrassing.