Anyway to stop this fungal bloom

There are 3 types of fungal terrains: Fungal tower, Fungal bloom and Fungal flowers
1.Tower
Fungal tower is the simplest one. It generates small fungal offspring which is merely harmless if you have suits that have environmental protection. For the tower, just rip off the wall by melee and burn the tower to death by flamethrower or Molotov cocktail.

1. Bloom
    haven’t meet any.

2. Flowers
    This one is crazy, the fungal bed can infect any plants nearby and expand quickly. Even I have torn down the flower, the fungal expansion would not stop and what I can do is just light up the forest and leave.

Anyone knows how to deal with this.

Two ways:

1. Just leave it alone, it won’t spread unless it’s inside the world bubble
  2. Wait for a nice sunny day and set it on fire. Make sure to walk around so that the whole thing burns.

The answer to all of them is… burn them with fire.

Recently, I had to clear out over 40 forest map tile that has been infected by a fungal blossom. The fire took care of the infestation, but the giant fungal blossom itself remains unharmed; it kept pumping out spore clouds to smother the flames around it. As a result, even though the rest of the forest is now a plain of ashes, there remain a ring of raging fires surrounding the blossom, constantly kept at bay by the smothering spore clouds.

But it was effectively neutralised anyway, sealed from the outside world by the ring of fire. So I consider that a job well done.

The best/worst thing about burning blossoms is that this firewall will not go out on its own.
Thunderstorm will not put it out. Helping it with a flamethrower can only kill the bloom if you attack it directly or one of its surrounding tiles.

I even tried manipulating the reality bubble to make fire go out, but that requires a lot of precision. You’d need to make the entire ring close in on the bloom without getting the bloom itself into the bubble until you’re done.

Cleanse them in holy (nuclear) fire.

Actually, knowing how well nukes work in game this probably wont work very well. You will sterilize (turn into rubble) the land around it though.

You can also lug enough grenades/pipebombs at everything until nothing remains, you need about 25 if you are quick, then set everything on fire for good measure.

If you are even faster, a single incendiary grenade aimed at the giant flower can kill everything dead in minutes.

Glad to see that the giant blossom’s fire-suppression ability is as effective as I’d hoped.

(You can generally just wear a gas mask and shoot/slash it. It’s got no significant combat capability.)

[quote=“KA101, post:6, topic:7840”]Glad to see that the giant blossom’s fire-suppression ability is as effective as I’d hoped.

(You can generally just wear a gas mask and shoot/slash it. It’s got no significant combat capability.)[/quote]

The blossom is easy to kill but the real problem is the fungus keeps infecting forest nearby and it spreads even faster than fire- -

i actualy like fungus, if making fireproof base in forest its realy good way to deal with hordes when they hear your fart/fungaloid POOF!!! not to mention free drink

I ran ahead of the infestation and set it on fire.
Then i ran back to the bloom and bitch slapped it arround till it died .
Thereafter i set theplace on fire as well.
I still haven cleared up all the ashes but the infestation has been ended… hard work. And the forest ist mostly gone .

i don t like themn as a source of water… i turn em into oil. I drink water i gathered with funnels or from a river.
Triffids are generally a much better source of food . Those things pumping out spores hazing everything up annoy me to no end. Must … destroy…

In older versions I’d just recommend you to nuke that fucker, then get high on crack, coke and Adderall, smash your way to the spire and hit it like Haggar. RESPECT THE PIPE

In new version? Just set it on fire and chill out.

[quote=“trusty_patches, post:10, topic:7840”]In older versions I’d just recommend you to nuke that fucker, then get high on crack, coke and Adderall, smash your way to the spire and hit it like Haggar. RESPECT THE PIPE

In new version? Just set it on fire and chill out.[/quote]

Allways got thrown back by the regrowing fungus while meeleing the spire… was annoying as hell back then… but totaly had random animals murder the spire cause it was in between me (theire target) and them.

With enough drugs you could kill it faster than walls growing back, but that’s old versions talk here.
Right now I’m not sure you can push yourself that far without your poor character dying from OD or hitting a certain threshold.
Although it was fun being able to melee the living shit out of everything with jabberwock’s corpse

[quote=“trusty_patches, post:12, topic:7840”]With enough drugs you could kill it faster than walls growing back, but that’s old versions talk here.
Right now I’m not sure you can push yourself that far without your poor character dying from OD or hitting a certain threshold.
Although it was fun being able to melee the living shit out of everything with jabberwock’s corpse[/quote]

I have literrary never used drugs . Save aspirin or codein vs pain. And if you consider coke alcohole and coffee drugs …
i however always horde large quantities of every drug i find… kinda odd i think i can safe myself the work as i am not going to use them anyway… hm something to think about-.

edit:

gotta take that back about the spire… just meeled one to death no problem barehanded… maybe i was just weak the last time i tried.

Drugs are amazing, especially meth. Though I don’t like those comments about pulling teeth and large abscesses.
Mandatory for hard CBM installations, useful for early hulk wrecking (dexterity protects against smash damage).

Spires shouldn’t be able to regrow walls while stunned. A good crit can spell certain doom for the spire, even if it doesn’t do much damage.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:14, topic:7840”]Drugs are amazing, especially meth. Though I don’t like those comments about pulling teeth and large abscesses.
Mandatory for hard CBM installations, useful for early hulk wrecking (dexterity protects against smash damage).

Spires shouldn’t be able to regrow walls while stunned. A good crit can spell certain doom for the spire, even if it doesn’t do much damage.[/quote]

Flawlessly jamming cybernetics into your body and shrugging off punches that crush cars isn’t normal, but on meth it is.

you could find a silo and nuke the living shit out of it and the surrounding area, if you have the hacking skill for it.

You’d turn the site into a radioactive mess but nuke explosions typically don’t kill the folks on-site. Known issue that nobody’s ever had the time to fix. :-/

You’d turn the site into a radioactive mess but nuke explosions typically don’t kill the folks on-site. Known issue that nobody’s ever had the time to fix. :-/[/quote]Yes, very disapointing, my nuke boner died when I discovered that the missiles don’t really do anything :frowning:

Find a missle silo, and nuke the thing beford it can turn into something worse.

I usually torch it, then shoot the spore-pumping bloom in-between puffs or when it’s visible between the smoke. Either that, or I just use it as a infinite fire source.