Android Version

With (most) Android devices, PS4 controllers are misconfigured by the system as a default. Pretty sure it just copy-pastes the Xbox keymaps, but whatever it does is dumb. You would need root access to change the file in your device which tells the system how to interpret each button press. You may have a frustrating time when you realize that X is Square, L1 is L3, or other nonsense. It becomes more apparent in other games that have hardcoded keybindings.

I just did It a minute ago to test, with my PS4 controller. It’s troubling that it doesn’t register most button presses at all when keybinding. Just the D-pad and left stick.

I also have limited coding ability, so I can’t help on that front, but I’ll see if there is any bearable options for apps that take controller input and transfer it into keypresses. It is certainly a ramshackle solution, but I’ll let you know if I find anything.

I downloaded the latest experimental build APK just now, and unfortunately, the issue is unchanged. Failed to mention that my mobile device is a Sony Xperia, so the way it configures the controller may be different?

As I test at the moment, indeed the app for me also only registered the directional buttons and the left joypad for my PS4 gamepad when keybinding. It does definitely know all the buttons exist, though, as pressing each button while in game returns "Unknown command: “UNKNOWN [number]” in the log. I suppose I could fiddle around in the keybindings.json to manually add keybinds, but it wouldn’t have the functions I use on PC (modifier button, tap/hold).

Thanks for your reply and help. I didn’t find any workable apps on Android to map buttons to keys, but hopefully you have more luck.

As far as I understand, the DualShock4 on the Xperia works out of box, so you’re fortunate for that.

It is odd, however, that your other button presses can register as unknown keys ingame despite not being able to keybind. I did not even get that much response.

Most keybinding apps I found so far are too invasive, unusable, unsuitable, or outdated for me to ethically recommend them to you.

As an aside, I am puzzled with how you manage to play Cata on a gamepad at all.

1 Like

From looking at the COMPILING*.MD guides in the repository, the only reference I found was in compiling.md (cross-compile to android from linux).

1 Like

Thanks for searching. I appreciate it.

A lot of conditions, thanks to Xpadder’s basic scripting ability.
example: tap triangle opens inventory, hold triangle use item.
Along with holding certain shoulder buttons to change the rest of the buttons to different functions, it effectively gives me tons of commands on few buttons (ex., L1+triangle = eat menu). Setting the keymaps to what’s inituitive for me allows quick and comfortable playability. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Keep it on Google Play, would’ve never found the game if it wasn’t for that, just edit the game to not be a beta and add a link to the CleverRaven on Github, and a link to the discourse too.

1 Like

Will this work on an Android tv box? I’m getting one out of curiosity to play around with & was wondering if I could move my game over from my phone to the box.

I can’t think of any reason why not, aside from the obvious input question. With a keyboard of some kind I think it’d work great. I’d love to know if it works, keep us posted!

I am new to discourse so please forgive me if this has been covered or I am posting in the wrong place. I’m using the Android version and I see many experimental build versions for Android. I have tried a few of these with not much luck I was wondering if anybody knew a recent build that was relatively stable. I would like to at least move from C version to D version

Edit: I am currently using the playstore C version

Edit edit: thank you for this studmuffin or perhaps I should curse you for the hours of my life lost to CDDA:)

I would leave it on the store. It’s what got me into CDDA. Now I am just looking for a recent stable version of D for android not that I cut my teeth on the C version from the playstore

This is the Version for 0.D.
If you opt into the beta, you can get the experimentals, but that app as-is is the 0.D stable version.

Okay, I had tried that version previously but when I just tried it now it worked! Thank you very much sir / ma’am! I will stick with that. I am a bit chicken to try beta on my android.

Damn I’d love to join in on all of this but apparently it’s not available in Australia :frowning:

You should still be able to manually download the apks if you’d like to play.
They’re available from this page. You want to download cataclysmdda-0.D-****.apk.

1 Like

Ofc it is not. It is too 18+ 21+ gore violence parental discretion adviced

2 Likes

Having an issue with the latest version of the game (v9579); pressing the ESC button quits, or maybe even crashes the game when pressed

I guess there are some compatibility problems. Recent game build runs well on my phone, but not on some other’s. Their keyboard doesn’t work well and crash when retract the keyboard. And I’ve commit an issue for them on github.

I noticed when making fires on the android version they go out almost immediately if I wait or read next to it. Doesn’t matter if it’s a stove or brazier. The plank or whatever will still be in there but the fire goes out. Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?

1 Like

Yeah the new version/updates are getting strange…

Also a lot of the new versions are having the same issue: except now I can’t use the delete/return button too