Drinking bleach and ammonia warning

Due to pressing the wrong key, found out you can drink bleach.

Ouch.

I would like to suggest warning the player first, as I can’t see a single reason to drink these unless you’re roleplaying a post apocalyptic emo.

Same general idea as the visible-trap warning (“Really drink bleach? Y/N (Case Sensitive)”), I’d imagine. Seems like a good idea.

hehe, shit happens IRL also, i once downed some cooking oil because it was in the wrong bottle, not to mention half a 0.5L bottle of vodka thinking it was cold water from the fridge :)). For the oil i wish there was a confirmation option.

What could you possibly confuse cooking oil for? xD

As for the Vodka… I see no downside there :wink:

Let’s be totally honest here.

Even if you did accidentally try to drink ammonia bleach, that stuff would never make it to your stomach. Both have very strong smells and would, I assume, burn like hell on contact with your lips and tongue. There’s just no way you’d accidentally swallow it. =P

I’m not even sure why you can drink it to begin with. But yeah, a warning trigger makes sense. It’s really easy to accidentally press the wrong button when in the inventory. Especially since the stuff shows up in the Eat menu, I think.

This is a roguelike…We should be able to do everything with any thing.

This includes, but is not limited to,
*Drinking ammonia
*Eating a pistol
*Loading a crossbow with a lit stick of dynamite
*Cutting down trees with high explosives
*Hugging a hulk

Cmon, people. Where is your inner nethack? Where is your inner IVAN?

You know you want banana peel legs.

[quote=“TheRealTenman, post:6, topic:1278”]This is a roguelike…We should be able to do everything with any thing.

This includes, but is not limited to,
*Drinking ammonia
*Eating a pistol
*Loading a crossbow with a lit stick of dynamite
*Cutting down trees with high explosives
*Hugging a hulk

Don’t remind me of the time when i’ve eaten my books with Internal Furnace, because instead of R i pressed E… then the time spend looking for those books, because i was so certain i had them :smiley:

[quote=“TheRealTenman, post:6, topic:1278”]This is a roguelike…We should be able to do everything with any thing.

NetHack is a game of capture-the-flag gone horribly wrong.

We need junk launchers.

Additional testing has shown me drinking a gallon of bleach doesn’t kill you.

This is clearly a game breaking bug.

GlyphGryph pointed out that “gallon jugs” don’t actually hold a gallon of liquid…but yeah, bleach should cause some problems if you drink it.