Ammo manufacturing

i’m wondering if we’re ever going to see increased spawns of gunpowder, primers, and lead(or ANY spawns for that matter!), or at least a recipe for such.
say, a basic recipe for gunpowder(can’t remember what all you need right off the top of my head), primers would maybe require 1x copper wire and 1x gunpowder, and for projectiles we could use copper wire, gold, silver, and lead for regular bullets and chunks of steel for AP bullets, which do less base damage but give more penetration.
oh, and also the ability to melt down gold and silver jewelry and gold bars to make bullets would be nice.

EDIT: i’m using a nightly build from a couple of weeks ago so some of this may have been fixed already, namely the lead, powder, and primer spawning.

Silver bullets, just like the Lone Ranger!

I like it.

well pretty much any soft metal works, copper, lead, gold, silver, etc. won’t be as hard on your barrels as steel or iron.

There are already spawns for items listed. In gun shops. As for crafting bullets, the system in place is more for creating current bullets that you dont use into bullets that you can use.

And you can alredy disassemble gold bars to create ammo.

still, it would be nice to be able to make my own…

EDIT: ok i figured out how to turn gold bars into gold.

as for the gun stores, i have looted dozens and never found gunpowder or lead, and only once, in a much older build, did i find primers.

It was the RNG gods. Also, it might be because it is all ways on those shelves on the wall near the firing range. Also, try the latest build, it might be kinder to you.

[quote=“Otaku, post:7, topic:2632”]It was the RNG gods. Also, it might be because it is all ways on those shelves on the wall near the firing range. Also, try the latest build, it might be kinder to you.[/quote]ok i’m playing 0.7.1-404-g85beb37 is there a chance that my saves from this might be compatible with the most recent version?

No, in particular there were some changes to the way the inventory is saved.
Also 100-odd other changes, any of which could have broken compatability.

I imported my save from 7.08, and it works fine.

too late, i tried experimenting with mini nukes and…