"Air-Drops", "Chemical Breakdown and Re-creation", "3D Printing", and more

Needing a special radio would be sort of silly. How about adding a chance to find faculty frequencies while scanning? Get to talk your way into their organization. Or get painted as a badmouthing bastard for life, oh boy!

What would you recommend for Part B then instead? :slight_smile:

Have you tried my mod yet? just FYI its just a basic set of crafting recipes, not really a fleshed out and coded masterpiece :stuck_out_tongue: lol

I only said the “Special radio” thing so I could have an item that requires charges per use when the drops are crafted, and the “charges” of the radio would be the credits for the licence system.

If possible, can we have the acquisition of the license and radio be a random npc quest? Makes sense for some of those npcs to be carrying MP5’s and M72 rocket launchers (As I found in my world). I don’t know, just trying to expand the quest system besides killing something and more killing something. One little step at a time.

Well to be honest I’ve never really messed with any items being dropped by NPCs, I could add it to soldiers I guess, and maybe licences to different tiers

Saying that though I might even just make certian NPC’s drop tokens for special drops, Scientist might drop chemical shipments or high tech Prototype equipment. That way an NPC has a drop you can have fun with, but you don’t have to worry about the same piece of gear dropping twice :slight_smile:
How does that sound? :slight_smile:

A1, B = combine both?

An aside: have you seen this thread? http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=7312.0 Might be a good thing for the chemicals stuff.

I guess I could, make it like

(Example)
Product = Class 1 Weapons Licence

Requires…
Tools :XXXXXX <-------(Will make some sort of “skyhook” launch device to send the resources :slight_smile: lol)
Components:
20xPlastic OR 1x Licence receipt (Class 2 weapons)
and
20x Steel Plate OR 1x Licence receipt (Class 2 weapons)
and
XXx XXXXXXX OR 1x Licence receipt (Class 2 weapons)
…Etc

That sould work right? :slight_smile:

Wow that looks amazing! Rest assured ill make contact with the developer of that mod and attempt to make my mod(s) use his model, he/she will get full credit, what they’re making…if it works…will be game changing :smiley:

Well to be honest I’ve never really messed with any items being dropped by NPCs, I could add it to soldiers I guess, and maybe licences to different tiers

Saying that though I might even just make certian NPC’s drop tokens for special drops, Scientist might drop chemical shipments or high tech Prototype equipment. That way an NPC has a drop you can have fun with, but you don’t have to worry about the same piece of gear dropping twice :slight_smile:
How does that sound? :)[/quote]

That’s great, up for it!

Give us a use for black boxes! Have them be tradable for license points or something. I’d imagine that the Natties or whatever authority is doing these drops would want to know what happened to make the helis crash.

I’m all for that :slight_smile:

Who? Kids/newbies? For newbies after ~20 hours of play game become extremely easy. GTA-kids use cheating/editing json/etc…, without moral qualms.

The crafting system currently doesn't support multiple outputs. That is a major CORE coding change that
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=7312.0 See his pr. Not so huge code changes.

I was just wondering about Chemical breakdown feature, does that entail more ways to make chemicals like concentrated acid besides using batteries and such. I study Chemistry as well, so finding a flask of HCl can do the job as well.

Who? Kids/newbies? For newbies after ~20 hours of play game become extremely easy. GTA-kids use cheating/editing json/etc…, without moral qualms.

The crafting system currently doesn't support multiple outputs. That is a major CORE coding change that
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=7312.0 See his pr. Not so huge code changes.[/quote] I dare say the majority of people do not debug in items. Doing so makes the entire game ridiculously easy, ruining all of the fun and FUN.

In the case of the crafting, congrats to the dude for getting it working. Also, thanks devs for committing the changes to the master branch so that it is available to those of us that have issues compiling.

Now how about we stop spamming this thread before we both get forum banned.

I agree with you Daidalon, but Reaper has a bit more coding seniority than you. Plus he’s Russian and most everything he says comes out harsh.

Byproducts is one thing. Last I was asked re crafting was having the output vary based on skill, and THAT is gonna take some work (varied recipes, at least).

Yeah it does, but right now its sort of a cop out “Generic raw chemical” which is a total cop out but its just to get feedback on if a function (once fully fleshed out) will actually be something people want :slight_smile:

I’m even tempted to make things like “the bagdad battery” (basically a clay pot, lemons, tin and copper) or even what they did on breaking bad, zinc, copper and vinegar if im not mistaken :slight_smile:

Glad we’re keeping things more or less on track :stuck_out_tongue: lol

Ok, just a brief rundown of what I’m currently working on to keep you all in the loop.

[size=18pt]In the upcoming version:[/size] (as per the poll this will be more or less 100% focused on refining the “Air-Drop” system)

[size=12pt]NPC drops for Faction “Currency”.
[/size]
Currency will be tiered
Low
Medium
High

NPC’s will drop certain pieces of equipment that will be a sort of Pseudo currency, and there will be different levels to this (sort of like the equivalent of Copper, Silver and Gold coins in MMO’s), meaning that say a scientist drops 4-5 “Unusual Chemical Vials” (will be a “copper coin” level currency, so very common and low value) then it may take 20-30+ to get something worth while to trade for.

These low, medium and high currencies can be combined and broken down to make the tier above or below respectively, so say 50 low = 1 medium, 50 medium = 1 high (just a rough set of numbers for now)

Currency can be used to trade air-drops or used as a “gift” to the factions to increase reputation and obtain higher level licences. (See Below)

[size=12pt]Factions:[/size]

The “factions” will be 100% off screen and no NPC’s will actually be seen or directly interacted with BUT…

Several factions exist to be traded and supplied by, they will be a few stereotypical factions ranging from scavengers with low tech demands and low tech drops to highly advanced factions desiring and supplying only the most advanced and rare equipment.

These factions will be “traded” with 100% through the crafting system via my “Air-drop” system, to order in items the player will need a licence, a radio and a flare. To obtain a licence the player must first offer the currency items to the factions in exchange for tokens, 50 tokens are used to make a Class-1 licence(lowest). Each faction will have its own unique licence and is only useful for trading with that faction. Tokens will act as “licence charges/ammo”

Once a basic “Class 1” licence is obtained the player can order very basic and low value items in exchange for either scrap materials, tokens or faction currency.

Higher class licences will have higher costs and unlock more advanced air-drops.

[size=10pt]I will test this thoroughly to make sure that drops are both balanced and consistent and that this method actually seems fun, intuitive and gives the mod the depth I hope it does. [glow=green,2,300]As soon as a stable and more or less “comfortable” version is cobbled together ill upload it as an “Experimental/testing version” so I can get some feedback from you guys :)[/size]

The “XX” will be replaced by the faction tokens that are bought with currency and tribute

Such as:

This is an airdrop example:

Generated faction names for each world? :slight_smile:

I’m afraid not, at the moment I’m just writing in 5-6 “generic” and stereotypical factions, like raiders who want/sell guns, a faction basically a rip off of the brotherhood of steel, and a few others.

If its viable then ill look into it for the future. :slight_smile: