MoreCrafting Mod v1

Link to the latest version

This is a mod that looks to add more crafting for some of the underutilized skills, as well as a minor overhaul of first aid crafting/utility. Short term goal is to get first aid, electronics, and computers all in a place where they’re viable skills to work up to a serviceable level without books and to provide more useful tools so a few points in each is handy.

Current Issues:
The heal use_action isn’t really supported. First aid kits/doctor’s bags will not consume charges and will throw an error.
No new items are seeded in loot tables.

Changes v1:

[spoiler]First Aid
Denatured alcohol is no longer useful as a medical supply
Improvised Bandages are a new consumable that stops bleeding
Wound Irrigators are a new item that consumes saline solution to clean out deep bites
First Aid Kits are now tools that consume separate medical supply charges and provide 20% less healing than current first aid kits
Doctor’s Bags are new tools that consume more difficult supplies, with 20% more healing than current first aid kids.
(Healing supplies are based on the requirements for a first aid kit but have been tweaked for consistency)
Medical gauze, medical tape, medical gloves, scalpels, and stethoscopes are now all craftable.
An alternate method of crafting hemostatic powder has been added.
Aspirin has been made slightly easier to craft (cooking 3 instead of 4)

Electronics
Noisy Nail Bombs are a nail bomb attached to a noise emitter. Will make horrible screeching noises for 40 turns before exploding.
Electronic Thermometers have been added which can be used in the new first aid tools
Electronic Firestarter has been tweaked, the basic version is incredibly bad but the final version is extremely efficient at starting fires.
Lightstrips have been bumped up to skill 1 and are autolearn
[/spoiler]

does the first aid kit work with bionics removing? they require a first aid kit and a cutting tool , and u did some changes too the first aid kit right? so will urs count as a first aid thing?

Sorry for the late response, I’ve been out of state and busier than busy. I’ll have to look at how that works with bionics removal this evening, since I honestly haven’t ever tried to remove a CBM and had no idea first aid kits impacting that was even a thing now.

I should get some time this week to flesh out electronics and computers. For computers, the basic tool will be a laptop that can be produced by salvaging a few broken laptops, letting you start the process of converting batteries and time directly into code to throw on USB sticks. That’ll be used in electronics recipes where a digital controller seems appropriate.

[quote=“MormonPartyboat, post:3, topic:11824”]Sorry for the late response, I’ve been out of state and busier than busy. I’ll have to look at how that works with bionics removal this evening, since I honestly haven’t ever tried to remove a CBM and had no idea first aid kits impacting that was even a thing now.

I should get some time this week to flesh out electronics and computers. For computers, the basic tool will be a laptop that can be produced by salvaging a few broken laptops, letting you start the process of converting batteries and time directly into code to throw on USB sticks. That’ll be used in electronics recipes where a digital controller seems appropriate.[/quote]

im very excited ! :smiley: