"Air-Drops", "Chemical Breakdown and Re-creation", "3D Printing", and more

Is this still being worked on? Saw that a new release was coming and I’ve put off making a new world until I can include this interesting mod.

Hey man love the mod, But im having trouble with something. How do i drink the plastic pack of boiled water, I can’t use it, cut it or disassemble it and when i just hit consume that wont work.

It is but I stopped for a week or so as I was visiting family, I’ll get this wrapped up ASAP :slight_smile:

As far as I can tell there wouldn’t be a problem with you starting a new world with the mod as it is and then simply adding/replacing the current mod with the future one, as almost everything works through the crafting system at this point, even in the new update. :slight_smile:

I was putting off a release until the “byproduct” change makes its way into an experimental release, and due to the apparent lack of change logs for each experimental version (well I can’t find them at least lol). I’m making sweeping changes to the way the mod works, and if they prove to NOT be what people want, I’ll revert to the old (read current) way the mod works :slight_smile:

But you should be able to make a new world and just upgrade my mod when I update it :slight_smile:

(Unless the way loot drops from enemies work needs a new world to generate, some items only drop from mobs and cannot be found lying around, but EVERYTHING needed for the air drop system can be crafted at this point anyway :slight_smile: but I’d like to know what factors of a mod DO require a new world to take effect. If there area number if features that require a new world to be generated I’ll push through and finish it off today)

Thanks for your interest in my mod, I thought people’s interest had peatered off a bit as the novelty wore off :stuck_out_tongue: lol.

Wow, that’s unusual, I test every single item in this mod as I alter and add things, I’ll get right in this and see what the problem is :slight_smile:

Thank you for your feedback :smiley:

My interest in the mod hasn’t faltered at all. I’m mostly just waiting on the new update to it to balance out the air drops, because right now it makes it rather easy to get some good tier stuff with little effort.

Very true, this first release was more of a “proof of concept”, to see if people would be ok with working through the crafting system and also to see if there was any interest in any of these features, lol.

I’m cracking on with the next update that adds tiers and a form of currency (but most likely a few different currency’s, maybe also using the current credit card item in the game right now)

And can I just say thank you for showing interest, it really means a lot to me :slight_smile:

Right, I’ve downloaded the latest experimental version and will focus 100% on updating the Air Drop system, I find the lack of a blow by blow change log for the experimental builds frustrating because I’m waiting for a “confirmed merged mod” to make it into the experimentals so I can capitalise on this awesome new feature, the merged mod allows for “by-products” to the crafting recipes, and I can assure you I hope to use that to its full potential.

Please be patient, but for now my mod should work perfectly fine with the latest experimental builds :slight_smile:

Don’t Get Excited, the latest version is just to make what current features we have compatible to let new users enjoy what can be, and what will be :slight_smile:

Hey Duros,
you don’t need to wait for “confirmed merged mod” to make it into experimentals… well you have, but its usually few hours max and it is automatic process. By-products are in experimental versions for quite time already :slight_smile:

It is not used in much recipes yet though - juices, lard and sawn-off shotguns, maybe few more.

Here are some examples how to define byproducts in json:

[ul][li]
one byproduct without extra options
"byproducts": “juice_pulp”
[/li]
[li]
one byproduct with extra options
"byproducts": { “id” : “cracklins”, “charges_mult” : 2 }
charges_mult is for items with charges, like food, liquids and ammo
or
"byproducts": { “id” : “scrap”, “amount” : 6 }
amount is for items without charges
[/li]
[li]
multiple byproducts, either with or without extra options
"byproducts":[
“juice_pulp”,
{ “id” : “scrap”, “amount” : 6 }
]
[/li][/ul]

You sir, are a saint :slight_smile: I’ll dive in and see how the code works, and make some alterations to my mod :slight_smile:

This will greatly benefit the “Chemicals” side of this mod, as 99% of chemical reactions will have some by-products :slight_smile:

Funny, the “Chemicals” section of my mod is sort of a by-product it’s self :stuck_out_tongue: xD lol :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Also I’m sorry, but there’s just some semi-random pattern associated with “Juices, Lard and sawn-off shotguns”…it sounds the title to a crappy B movie :stuck_out_tongue: haha

I spent 5 hours solid yesterday basically starting this mod again from scratch working up to this “faction update” I’m working on, I made 15-20 recipes and went on to test, and the new ones I’d done felt… clunky, clumsy and long winded, there seems like so much to do, and I barely scratched the surface of what I want to turn the mod into :frowning:

I’m looking to add 5-8 factions, each will need 30-40 recipes EACH, and the way the current mod works each factions individual recipes actually need two recipes, one to acquire the crate and another to actually deconstruct it into the items you ordered.

THEN on top of that each faction requires 5-6 extra recipes to get a hold of the “passport” items, the system that allows tiered progression and allows more advanced and expensive drops later down the line.

AND MORE STILL after that I want to make a few craft able books that the player can read to unlock each faction, it will save EXTENSIVE clutter on the crafting screen, but even then, I don’t want to develop a mod that will add 100-200 recipes that just make the crafting screen unbearable to look at :confused:

I’m willing to do the work, but I just feel that it’s a huge undertaking, with no actual clear goal at the end, and what if I do all this work and the faction update just fails? So I have an alternative, I will be developing a “Demo” of the Faction update, with just two factions, each opposed using a “moral spectrum”, it won’t be “you choose to ally with one or the other” but it will take you lots of time and resources to build up a relationship with one, let alone both :slight_smile:

My plan is to make this a community project, where whole factions can be incorporated by fellow moders or members of the community so long as the factions add a unique role/angle to the mod, and that the mod files STRICTLY follow a standard template, just to make them perfectly compatible, and makes it easy for me to incorporate them into this mod, and makes maintaining it so much easier :slight_smile: once I do this Demo, I hope to get several faction builds from the community to help build this mod :slight_smile:

I’m still very eager to see how this turns out. Keep up the good work!

I know I’ve been inactive for a while but I just wanted to poke my head in and say that I’m not dead, and neither is this mod, I’ve just been focusing on my university studies for the last few months.

In its current “alpha state” the mod still works as far as I know, and over Christmas I’ll be diving back in and re-writing it from the ground up, but as far as my plan goes I won’t be removing any features, just re-chiseling it from the same stone but making it neater and more balanced.

I want this to have a HUGE influence from the community and want to work with all of you each step of the way to make this the best that it can be, and with your help I feel it can be :slight_smile:

Please message me if you want to be part of the “team” (just me atm lol) but any help sharing the workload would be fantastic :slight_smile:

I really would love to help with this, but the extent of the game’s code is me copy and pasting and replacing things in code ;_; Sorry, Duros.

Trust me, the way I’m doing this is practically the same, I didn’t even make ANY of the files from scratch, I just copied game files and used them as a template, there’s really no “code” to learn.

If you download Notepad++ (http://notepad-plus-plus.org) for free it has features that come with it that show you where the sections on the notepad file start and finish, I learned it in less than 2 hours :slight_smile:

I use the current recipes in the files as templates and then just make my own items in a separate file, each item only needs 6-7 lines that I can copy and paste from the others and then tweak them for what I need, all in all this mod is only ~20% my own work :slight_smile:

Is this still a thing? I really like it. I added a couple tags to the guns to make it compatible with experimental 2681 and have begun playing a world with this installed. A brief glance seems to show everything is available to craft, i’ll let you know how it plays.

The zero point stuff is really really op, which is the point i suppose, but…it only costs a toolbox to make any of the pieces. The json shows these items needing something called a zptoken, which i haven’t tracked down yet, but it doesn’t seem to be working correctly.

One slight issue, on character creation I get this error:

unrecognized iuse function: SCISSORS, using iuse:none instead

and a duplicate error for PICKLOCK and LIGHTER as well.

It doesn’t give me a filename or line number, so idk where to look to fix this. Its not a game breaker apparently, and picklocks, scissors and lighters work in game. I’m lost :slight_smile:

Any feedback or help would be awesome

I saw in the debug pink text the whole
"iuse::none" thing, maybe try replacing it with that?

Its called firestarter now, and the format is different. I copied the data over from the relevant tools in the new json. It works great. Mods a total cheat though, things either need nerfed or proper recipes made…I love it :slight_smile:

Its good for simulating decent rewards from npcs though.

[quote=“Malkeus, post:78, topic:6885”]Its called firestarter now, and the format is different. I copied the data over from the relevant tools in the new json. It works great. Mods a total cheat though, things either need nerfed or proper recipes made…I love it :slight_smile:

Its good for simulating decent rewards from npcs though.[/quote]

Any chance you could upload that new .json?

This is ‘my_tools.json’: http://pastebin.com/AH33hekH (edit: Updated). I made changes to the multitool scissors and zp igniter. I noticed last night that the irradiator is glitched. When I 'r’eload it, I get the “You reload the irradiator” message, but it’s a lie. Probably a change I can copy from the vanilla json, I will look into it.

Iirc, thats the only thing I needed to change to get rid of the debug messages. The irradiator is more subtle… The mod seems to work as intended even without these changes (aside from the scissors and igniter not working). Like it says in the OP, its a feature demo :slight_smile:

This mod is like 2 good ideas and a cheat pack all rolled into one.

edit: FFR, when loading plutonium into something, it gets multiplied by 500. The irradiator max is 120. Changed to 500, now it actually reloads, holds 1 plutonium cell and works in the recipes. Updated pastebin: http://pastebin.com/AH33hekH, and above.