Acid Corpses

How do you butcher/smash acid corpses w/o taking damage

shoot them. or pulp them. I get the acid gets all over the place but why cant you stop and then start again when the acid clears?

i try pulping them but the acid everywhere melts my legs right up

i have yet to have a huge problem.

me and awly the awl pike have been pulping Zmen for a while now… spitters mostly. the acid from corrosives splatters but seem random and wearing boots and legging with high acid and enviornmental prot helps a lot

Use advanced inventory management too put the corpse onto a different tile, press shift + b to bring up the butchering menu while you have an item with butchering quality, and then select the acid corpse for butchering. The corpse will be disassembled into tainted bones, tainted meat, and if your survival is really high, tainted fat.

Have I mentioned that I miss the days when acid-producing zombies were self-disposing? -_-

Butchering them works just fine, yes.

But that does play into the question of corpse disposal. Pulping takes a lot of energy, butchering takes a lot of time, and burning them… doesn’t seem to work at all. What’s the best way to secure a zone after a pitched battle?

[quote=“TacticalPteridactyl, post:7, topic:11258”]Butchering them works just fine, yes.

But that does play into the question of corpse disposal. Pulping takes a lot of energy, butchering takes a lot of time, and burning them… doesn’t seem to work at all. What’s the best way to secure a zone after a pitched battle?[/quote]

Burst fire of an Mk. 19 or some other rapid-fire explosive weapon, last I checked. o3o

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:8, topic:11258”][quote=“TacticalPteridactyl, post:7, topic:11258”]Butchering them works just fine, yes.

But that does play into the question of corpse disposal. Pulping takes a lot of energy, butchering takes a lot of time, and burning them… doesn’t seem to work at all. What’s the best way to secure a zone after a pitched battle?[/quote]

Burst fire of an Mk. 19 or some other rapid-fire explosive weapon, last I checked. o3o[/quote]

I just shoot at the corpses with the hypervelocity driver. More than half the time I don’t have to do that since the zeds get vaporized when they’re hit. It doesn’t work on Hulks, but strangely the thundergun does.

Also, burning does work… I only works after a really long time, though. You need to keep the fire going for at least a day, and that’s not really viable.

Not sure if this works, by the way. Strong explosives can sometimes leave holes/open air tiles in the ground, especially if there’s something in the z-level below like a basement. You can drop stuff in the holes, so if you have a wheelbarrow, you could in theory drop the bodies down there. Not sure if they can climb out of the hole, though.

I agree AIM is the way to go if you actually want to train Survial skill on that corpse :slight_smile:

I also don’t know about taking a lot of time. Butchering a corpse only takes like 6 seconds in-game. Moving the corpse takes 6 seconds and is only necessarily if it’s sitting in acid and you don’t want to wait until the acid is gone.

Pretty sure butchering takes 5 minutes in game time.

If you have two turnout trousers, as well as turnout boots, you can stand in acid without getting any leg damage. Survivor wetsuit plus survivor wetsuit boots work just as well. You still get warning messages, lots of warning messages while butchering the body while the acid is there, but you won’t get damaged.

In general, if acid protection for legs and feet is 6 or more, then you’ll be fine. You can melee corrosive zombies and the acid that spills out of them won’t damage your legs, while having no protection will break legs from full health if you’re frail/total hp less than 50-60.

Hulks take longer to butcher as well.

I think you might be right now. Ah well, it’s still the fastest way to get rid of a corpse.

I miss when acid corpses used to dissolve items as well, as it was an easy way to get rid of junk and it made protecting your items an actually important thing to do.

Edit: Nope, it only takes me 2 minutes and 12 seconds. It might take longer to butcher bigger creatures though.

Mmm weird, was butchering piles of normal zeds today on the newest experimental and it took 5 minutes each. Maybe its related to skill or butchering quality. Or maybe I miss read the screen.

Depends on your best butchering tool, target size and your speed.
For regular zed, it’s 5 minutes with 0 butchering quality at 100 speed.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:16, topic:11258”]Depends on your best butchering tool, target size and your speed.
For regular zed, it’s 5 minutes with 0 butchering quality at 100 speed.[/quote]

I didn’t think 0 butchering quality was technically attainable.

And I’m assuming this means a medium size creature?

Anybody seen Fargo?

Quick! Somebody’s got to mod in a wood-chipper! You could mulch your garden if you want to, but I’m sure there are other uses…

Just pulp them. Good old strength.

idk why youre quatering and cutting prime ribs from a zombie on the battlefield anyway. I didn’t realize that we were all combat surgeons

Jack the Ripper liiives. ;w;