[32x32] MSX DEAD PEOPLE Tileset

Thank you for the info!
Best opinion for me is to use the last version of the set included in exp.version 9659, copying it in the gfx directory of newer versions…

1 Like

Welp there goes the best tile set lol.

Where did you read this?..
I hope the work mlangsdorf is doing (awesome work BTW sir) will bring back SDG :slight_smile:

Pretty sure it’s somewhere in this thread. There’s a whole lot to go through. :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah there is a lot of comments in here.

well lets hope he decides to come back but if not I wish him all the best :slight_smile:

SDG isn’t working on the tileset because of personal reasons, not because of the complexity of tileset creation.

This is true.

Though he has mentioned a few times in the discord previously at how annoying it is to work with the current way we do things with tilesets, I saw him say a few times he was considering quitting due to that.

Although, as you say, it seems like something else completely unrelated is what made him finally lose motivation to work on this.

We were always aware of the annoying ways our tileset systems worked, and that , plus the tileset creator reiterating that, plus the fact that perhaps the difficulty in working with individual tiles is what incentivised people to lift from other sources, is what informed mlangsdorfs decision to work on some proper tileset tooling.

Eh, that is what he most recently said but a while before then he said

1 Like

To work on a new tileset, he wanted better tools. He used to work on a DP tileset with tools we have at the moment, so it’s definitely not the case.

1 Like

FWIW, and it’s late, I’m working on creating better tools for creating tilesheets.

12 Likes

Your work is greatly appreciated.

The PR with the new tools is here https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/34299 and could use some review and feedback from tilesheet creators.

The first tileset made with the tools is DeadPeopleEdition, aka MSX++DeadPeopleEdition without the MSX++, and is here https://github.com/mlangsdorf/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/49 There are some bugs, like the unknown symbol tile was inherited from MSX++, and a fair number of basic tiles are missing. But it’s usable if people want to experiment with it or take up the next generation of tileset.

9 Likes

Is there a current working link to download the mod in it’s most recent form

Is there a working link to the most recent dead people tile set?

No, if you check this thread you will see the current situation of the tileset

But here is the most complete backup

3 Likes

Thank you very much…

Just wanted to say I would update this tileset soon, it’s pretty much underway.

3 Likes

ping me when its finished. would love to try it out.

PING
Here goes the update - almost all tiles for version 9766 are done (except vehicle parts and immersion suit).

6 Likes

Could you host your stuff on github so it’s easier to review?

Also, I encourage you to use the new compositing tileset format, described in docs/TILESETS.md. It’s easier to handle and update.

From the looks of things, you’re still using the MSX++ derived sprites, so your tileset will never be distributed as part of CDDA and you are quite possibly violating several people’s copyrights by redistributing images that they did not license for redistribution.

1 Like