[32x32] MSX DEAD PEOPLE Tileset

Correction: tileset.

It eats something like 1.5 GB i think.

1 Like

Gruesome and violent are my favourite approaches, looking forward to it;
Especially the Bionics and mutations.

You are crazy man…I love it.

You spend sooo much time updating your amazeing tile set if a update comes out bam your on it with adding missing tile items.

Now your redoing 99% of your tile set again dude you crazy.

Any way thanks again for your awesome work.

1 Like

weird, i have 4gb ram. after checking the tileset folder, i managed to make it work after taking the msx 0.D tileset and put it on gfx. deleting other folders included in the zip. lol

Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to implement a larger tile (about 64px54p) as a player icon?

The below sprites belong to Rodahtnov (with some minor edits of my own) from his "There is hope" mod+tileset

Chimera
His idea was to have these as Player Icons when you reach the Chimera threshold (but he’s been too busy to work on the mod), is it possible or are they too large to use for a player icon?

Basically, I wanted to at least implement/replace these icons over an existing mutation icon and then use debug mode to switch to it once I had reached the Chimera threshold. Much in the same way you can change your character’s appearance, such as hair or skin, through debug mode as well.

I was also wondering if it this were possible with Ecchi_Squids cyborgs that he previously posted?

I would only use these for my own game if it is possible and I would ask the respective sprite owners permission before I use them.

1 Like

Well, only if you would get rid of all clothing and other mutations.
Otherwise they will overlay this big tile, but will be made for 32x32 so it will look broken.

Id you wan to change is “player_male” or “player_female”.
You can make a mod with tileset (see arcana mod on how it look like), what will chage player only when you activate this mod.

1 Like

So make a duplicate tile-set with the chimera or cyborg replacing the “player_male” or “player_female” and switch to it in the options menu?

There is a ordering json file that I think determines the overlay of mutations

Path to file
cdda\data\json\mutations\mutation_ordering.json

I think technically you could cause the mutation threshold to completely overlay all other sprites by changing the ordering.

No, no. MOD tileset.
Mini Tileset what will be enabled when you enable a mod. Mod can be enabled at any moment in the game by editing “mods.json” in your save folder.

So it would look an addition to the tilesets below like top_hats or big_things? But I would call it Chimera or Cyborg or something like that?

NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.
M O D TILESET
png files will be in mod folder. Again, check arcana mod to see how it is done.

Ah I see now, apologies I’m completely new at this you see.

So this essentially, just with the tile-set and the .json for it?

You will only need mod_tileset.json and PNG file.

thank you so much for this tileset! im waiting for the non chibi version , looks more realistic for me. good luck!

i just want to make sure im using your tileset right. i just put the master folder in gfx and choose in graphics tab, correct? i really enjoy this one :wink:

You put gfx folder from my github to your cataclysm instalation folder (where exe is located).
It will ask you to overwright files. Say yes.
Then in the game choose UNDEAD_PEOPLE tileset.

2 Likes

Okay, boys and ghouls, change of plans.
I decided to still continue Dead People tileset in it’s current style!
While i still working on another tileset, i would hate to see how more and more tiles appear in the game without graphics. This is something i do not want to see in various let’s plays what i watch. So Dead People is still going, new stuff from vanilla will be added soon.

I have interesting idea about new tileset. It has a name now, it is Grim Reality. It is going to be, maybe, addon to Dead People, and that way i do not need to maintain two separate tilesets, and people who do not like bubbleheads (people like me :hugs:) can just plug it in in mods.
Ofcourse if i am also gonna update Dead People it will take some time before i can release Grim Reality to the public. I am still very interested in new look and will work on it when there is no new content for Cataclysm and some major mods.

14 Likes

Thank you so very much for this! I cannot express in words how happy this news makes me or how truly grateful I am.

6 Likes

I just registered for this, SomeDeadGuy big, big thank you for your work! Great news!

2 Likes