**20170216 Big Sprite Update** MShock32Xottoplus Tileset Oversprite Tileset

This is a different tileset from MShock32Modded.
The cosmetic folder is a mod, it goes into the mods folder inside the data folder. The rest are the tilesets, and go into the gfx folder. Once they are properly placed, the tilesets will show up as available options under the graphics section of the options menu. For me, it is just past MShock32Modded and appears as MXotto+, MXotto+(opaquetrees), and MXotto+(smalltrees). The cosmetic mod shows up in the content section of mod selection when creating a new world. It appears as ā€œHairwigsā€.

Great tiles! Iā€™m trying these out for a change of pace and theyā€™re very pretty! Pretty, pretty zombies.

Missing a few tilesā€¦ like Bandits and such. But othe rthan that, great!

patch 7 : there is no additional contents. inserted credit in tiles.png, and removed experimental hairmod. also cropped tree.png for performance.

download

2 Likes

Thanks for all the hard work! The best tileset, in my humble opinion. Keep up the awesome work!

Hi, i just installed this sprite pack, some things look wrong though

Those purple parts inside the vehicle are aisles. The ones outside the vehicle are places i canā€™t see. Why are these using the same sprite?? Whats the need to change the sprite for non visible areas at all? And why do the aisles inside vehicles not match the color of trunks?

Also this new coloring for military composite armor doesnā€™t apply to doors, it looks bad :frowning:

And as can be seen, the grass textures dont seem to line up, and so its covered in black lines everywhere

Well these issues are really annoying me, so i tried to fix em myself

First, i restored the blackspace to pure black. I think having a busy pattern on it is a bad idea, it distracts the eyes. Doubly so when its a purple color instead of neutral

I made the interior of cars desaturated, this fits better.

The game is set in rural america, among fields, forests and rivers, not in a desert. So i decided if military armor is going to have any camo paint, then its going to be woodland camo, not desert. Color changed appropriately

I dont have a clue what to do about the black lines on grass though, it seems to be a blending issuemaybe

I noticed thatthe tiles.png actually contains sprites for military-patterned doors, but they dont seem to be used. any idea how to enable em?

I rather like your changes - can you upload them somewhere?

Maybe you can try with and without software rendering.

It seems to be a bug of the game, not really the fault of the tileset.

Have you tried a hatch. I think thatā€™s the military tile door.

Hello there,

New to cataclysm in general. (Discovered this about a week ago)
Let alone the forum, So forgive me if iā€™m being thick but hows is this installed?

Iā€™m fairly tech savvy you could say Iā€™m just curious on where everything goes.
Ive successfully installed mods (pretty easy just popped into the data folder)

Does this follow suite orā€¦?

Looks beautiful, would love to try.

[quote=ā€œF.Society, post:91, topic:11301ā€]Hello there,

New to cataclysm in general. (Discovered this about a week ago)
Let alone the forum, So forgive me if iā€™m being thick but hows is this installed?

Iā€™m fairly tech savvy you could say Iā€™m just curious on where everything goes.
Ive successfully installed mods (pretty easy just popped into the data folder)

Does this follow suite orā€¦?

Looks beautiful, would love to try.[/quote]
Unpack the contents of the archive into the gfx folder, and select this tileset in the options in the game.

Wow, super simple thank you.

whenever I unzip and put the three tilesets in the GFX folder, and then change to them in the options tab~ it says ā€œloading the tileset failed: could not load tileset at gfk/tiles.png. errorā€ couldnt opengfx/tiles.png"

help?

xotto, are you going to add sprites for Extended Realistic Guns?

could someone add in the sprites for the bandits? i would do it myself but the tileset editors are all not working for me

Agreed this is basically the only Tileeset I play with and there has been some awesome changes in the realistic weapons so I would love to see the .410 judge in game

(Oh and if you donā€™t mind me stating the sparkle on the beautiful/ very beautiful trait is a little bit annoying as it seems to interfere with armor and really isnā€™t really necessary as the trait description itself conveys the ideals of beauty rather than weird vampire sparkles)

1 Like

some doodles

(bigger tankbot, alternative jp mod tile)

2 Likes

Hey, Xottto, just want to say that Iā€™m impressed with all your work for the tileset.
Also I really want to see this tileset mainlined.

Damn that is a sweet looking tileset. You have dragged me back to play some more CDDA! That is the best compliment I can think of.