Zombie necromancers / resurrection

Can anyone explain the Necromancers to me? There’s nothing on the wiki about them raising the dead, as far as I can tell, but I am using the older version of the game (and older wiki). Do they do that? I did see a huge zombie swarm suddenly appear next to me once with seemingly no other explanation.

Also I read somewhere on this forum that zombies rise again if not butchered. Is that even without a necromancer present?

Are you playing on dynamic spawn? That would explain Zeds from hammerspace.

Zombies will rise again on their own after about 6 hours if you don’t smash/butcher them.

Zombie necromancers will revive/upgrade nearby zombie corpses to make them into stronger zombies.

Also, wiki ranges from up to the day updates for some stuff and month out of date for others, you have been warned.

For the zombies rising on their own, is that guaranteed or just a chance of it happening? And will it happen more than once to the same zombie?

Yikes. Good thing I’ve been butchering everything.

I know the eventual goal is to have damage slowly carry over from each revive and if they are ever too damaged then they can’t be revived. I don’t know if that’s in the game yet or not, however.

[quote=“i2amroy, post:3, topic:2758”]Zombies will rise again on their own after about 6 hours if you don’t smash/butcher them.

Zombie necromancers will revive/upgrade nearby zombie corpses to make them into stronger zombies.[/quote]

Hmm? Didn’t know necros could upgrade corpses. Thought upgrading was Master territory and only for the operational zeds.

Funny you mention Master Zombies. I entered this thread with the question of the difference between the two.
So to get this right, Necros can rez and upgrade, while Masters can only upgrade?

Actually, after re-reading the code I find that you are right, they only raise them. I do know that eventually it is planned that many upgraded zombies will come from zombies that have died and been revived.

Which means that necros rez, and masters upgrade. Masters are also planned to eventually be somewhat smarter then other zombies, though it isn’t in the game yet.

Yeah. I’ve been seeing a few masters recently, which is nice. Adds a bit of variety. Masters and necros are a bitch to fight though, being the kiting sort.
Necros could turn a whole fight against you if you didn’t have a decent weapon.

i have not seen zombie necromancers in 7.1. i have played 2 guys quite a bit. might just be my spawn. they should be more common.

always butcher zombies unless you want them to come back for endless training. might be useful to keep a few unbutchered zombies around in case skills decay and you want to get them back up.

I’ve always wanted to chain zombies, like in Walking Dead.

Agreed, Sheb. Skill-training dummies that actually require effort and imagination to create! Who would’ve thought.