Your Shoggoth and You (mild spoilers)

Death car. It’s a classical one.
Time dilation. Proven classic, works with dancers too.
Stun-n-Nuke. Exotic way, kinda hard. You stun a shoggoth, throw nukes around and wait.
Car-bomb. Stupid but awesome way. Just lure a shoggoth near a cart with full gasoline tank and shoot the tank.

[quote=“BeerBeer, post:10, topic:8677”]I’m still flabbergasted and in disbelief that there are nuke silos in this game. Unless it’s a lie. You wouldn’t lie to a stranger on the internet, would you? I see there’s a wiki article for missile silo, so that either makes its existence true or even a more elaborate lie. 8D

I’m still uncertain if creatures can be lured between z-levels aka floors. I wouldn’t know. Even so, if Shog doesn’t come to the car, the car will be brought to Shog… in pieces, constructed underground… Oh God… I have a .50 cal and some ammo stashed away I’ve been waiting to use… M-maybe I’ll even dismantle the bullets and make some incendiary rounds or something… Maybe I’ll bring just the .50 cal, and build a single frame just for it.

Man… This game :)[/quote]

No need to make a frame for it. Turn the M2 browning into a . 50 cal sniper rifle. Seriously.

I’ve found the cheapest way to destroy a Shoggoth, doable early game. Just lure them into a goo pit, and they’ll turn into a similarly gooey, yet easier to beat blob.

Is this possible?

Is this possible?[/quote]

a recipe was added a little while ago that allows just that.

Is this possible?[/quote]
It makes for a heavy subpar singleshot rifle. If you hit it can royally fuck something up but with each shot’s reload time I don’t think you’d want to take on a shoggoth with it, you’d be better off just getting a real M107A1 or using the browning on a jury rigged frame.

After burning 2000 batteries worth of MP3 charges while training my weapon skills up on a shoggoth trying to find out what it was vulnerable to (nothing, it turns out, except for overwhelming violence) I left it and came back much, much later, after I found the Book of Five Rings.

Niten and a Katana are, it turns out, the answer to pretty much every problem in the game, from Antimateriel turrets to Shoggothim.

I’ve yet to actually encounter a shoggoth in normal gameplay. I’ll have to test whether krav maga works on them.

On another note, shoggoths were on my list of things to sprite in the update to the modded MShock24 tileset. o3o

You pretty much have to be crazy strong to krav maga a Shoggoth to death. They’ll keep on regenerating even when stunned, and they got a tendency to move away when stunned, so you’ll need to trap them in a corner to have a hope of killing them.

[quote=“Cornuthaum, post:47, topic:8677”]After burning 2000 batteries worth of MP3 charges while training my weapon skills up on a shoggoth trying to find out what it was vulnerable to (nothing, it turns out, except for overwhelming violence) I left it and came back much, much later, after I found the Book of Five Rings.

Niten and a Katana are, it turns out, the answer to pretty much every problem in the game, from Antimateriel turrets to Shoggothim.[/quote]
As a mad strong survivor and current Katana user who’s about to diamond plate his first I’ve heard people mention Niten Ichi-Ryu and Krava Maga along the other exotic fighting styles alot, but never found any of them myself. Are they just really rare in Dojos or are they found someplace else?

Niten books seem to only be found in mansions for me. Someone mentioned finding them in dojos, but it seems more likely to find them in mansion libraries.

I’ve been skipping all the books which weren’t obviously skillbooks. I guess I have to visit those mansions again now. (my survivor is using ninjutsu and a katana but I’m curious about niten.

Book of five rings is the one you wanna find.

And if you’re looking for styles not available in the starting traits, then boxing might be fun. You can do some good damage with it with a punch dagger.

Killed a shogoth with a quarterstaff using niten.
No mutations cbms or other stat enhancements.

The Book of Five Rings is -stupidly- rare. I had to port my Survivor to three different worlds and literally raid every library, Mansion and Dojo on three maps before I finally got it, but oh man, so, so worth it. It’s a Katana style that largely renders Butchering zombies irrelevant since you end up instantly pulping or outright exploding zombies when you kill them with >200 damage crits.

It also works wonders on Shoggothim.