Triffid and Lab tips

So, having dealt with my power problem by simply using as much of it as possible all the time, I have a new difficulty- darn Triffids and a Lab.

I’ve been unable to find any lab IDs, for one- would explosives and the ensuing turrets be too much if I have access to several rockets/launchers? Also, said lab is surrounded by triffids, which never stop coming. My monomolecular blade dispatches them in a hit or two, but they still annoy me. Anywho, any tips for quelling the triffids and looting a lab? Though I’ve played for ages, I’ve never really gotten around to actually messing with a lab.

Edit: I have found a nuke silo, should I nuke the grove? Or, should I simply farm them for the resources?

So long as you open the doors at night and don’t get lit up, most ranged weapons are up to taking down lab turrets. My Tihar does the job just fine.

Labs aren’t terribly dangerous, if you’re careful about when and where you turn on the lights.

Can’t speak to the triffids - I usually keep away from them because I don’t care to find out what triffid queens will do to my car while I sleep.

Labs aren’t terribly dangerous barring two things. Running into a Shoggoth or a turret that isn’t where it’s supposed to be, which can very rarely blow your head off if it gets enough good hits on you at once. But yeah, just blow it up at night and you can kill a turret by throwing sticks at it.

even they they’re not that dangerous, they just have a lot of hp.

There are Bio-operators which can ruin your day if you’re a melee character without a Dielectric Capacitance System.

Robots are also really bad for melee characters when they suicide rush you.

and some of them explode when they die… avoid triffids. labs are a risk that can be worth it, but the reward for killing a triffid grove is… less triffids. that I know of, ive only killed one triffid heart and I didnt stick around to see what was left behind.

Don t kill the heart. triffids are agood food source. Only thing annoying are the queens… but i am confident that sometimein the future theire endless vegetation/wood debris spam will be fixed.

even they they’re not that dangerous, they just have a lot of hp.[/quote]And heal faster than you can damage them.
and do a lot of damage to your character.
But oh yeah, other than that they’re not dangerous at all /sarc

even they they’re not that dangerous, they just have a lot of hp.[/quote]And heal faster than you can damage them.
and do a lot of damage to your character.
But oh yeah, other than that they’re not dangerous at all /sarc[/quote]
If I do run into one, I can always just run. No shame in running from half of the stuff from the netherworld.
And, for the record, any problems with melee characters won’t apply to me- I use 99% ranged, the remaining percent being my arm sword. Anywho, I only have basic night vision, would that be a problem? I could make light amp goggles, but I’d rather be able to shoot with my full skill.