You know you've been playing too much Cataclysm:DDA when

[quote=“Datanazush, post:40, topic:5113”][quote=“Mrnocamera, post:37, topic:5113”]I’m always thinking about what would happen if people with guns came to my school.
Namely: Flip the table towards the door as they walk in, then stand on the table and stomp the shit out of them.[/quote]
The real thing you should use is a fire extinguisher, every building needs to have one, and I guarantee you, if someone’s being sprayed with carbon dioxide or dry chemicals, they probably won’t be able to shoot. Also getting hit with a fire extinguisher hurts.
Not as much as getting hit with a fire axe, but still a lot.[/quote]
The only classrooms that have fire extinguishers in them are the science classrooms.

BACK TO THE TOPIC
[hr]
…When you start trying to smash lockers with your fists because “You need to make a crowbar!”

Fire extinguishers are great, you can easily suffocate an aggressor, but since you have to get pretty close you still run a high likelihood of getting shot, as you can’t really use it from cover. Martial Arts, wrestling, etc. are a great thing to have, but again, distance, not to mention ability; some of us aren’t in the best of shape, and more still aren’t physically aggressive enough to want to take the time to become proficient enough to disarm the gunman. Running is only an option if A) You’re reasonably athletic, and/or B) You actually have somewhere to run to; if you run into a locked door and nowhere else to go you could be Eric Liddell and still die. The cops use guns to stop badguys, so why wouldn’t you?

Anywhore, yes, back on topic.

When you look at the shelf with all your dozens or hundreds of big name PC games and realize you haven’t played any of them since DDA was released.

[quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:42, topic:5113”]Fire extinguishers are great, you can easily suffocate an aggressor, but since you have to get pretty close you still run a high likelihood of getting shot, as you can’t really use it from cover. Martial Arts, wrestling, etc. are a great thing to have, but again, distance, not to mention ability; some of us aren’t in the best of shape, and more still aren’t physically aggressive enough to want to take the time to become proficient enough to disarm the gunman. Running is only an option if A) You’re reasonably athletic, and/or B) You actually have somewhere to run to; if you run into a locked door and nowhere else to go you could be Eric Liddell and still die. The cops use guns to stop badguys, so why wouldn’t you?

When you look at the shelf with all your dozens or hundreds of big name PC games and realize you haven’t played any of them since DDA was released.[/quote]

[spoiler]Hang on a sec.

[size=70pt]I. Live. In. England.[/size]
YOU CANNOT GO AND BUY A GUN WITHOUT A REALLY GOOD REASON.
(As far as I’m aware, at least. The only reasons I can think of right now are: You are a Hunter. Or: You are a Farmer.[/spoiler]

[quote=“Mrnocamera, post:43, topic:5113”][quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:42, topic:5113”]Fire extinguishers are great, you can easily suffocate an aggressor, but since you have to get pretty close you still run a high likelihood of getting shot, as you can’t really use it from cover. Martial Arts, wrestling, etc. are a great thing to have, but again, distance, not to mention ability; some of us aren’t in the best of shape, and more still aren’t physically aggressive enough to want to take the time to become proficient enough to disarm the gunman. Running is only an option if A) You’re reasonably athletic, and/or B) You actually have somewhere to run to; if you run into a locked door and nowhere else to go you could be Eric Liddell and still die. The cops use guns to stop badguys, so why wouldn’t you?

When you look at the shelf with all your dozens or hundreds of big name PC games and realize you haven’t played any of them since DDA was released.[/quote]

[spoiler]Hang on a sec.

[size=70pt]I. Live. In. England.[/size]
YOU CANNOT GO AND BUY A GUN WITHOUT A REALLY GOOD REASON.
(As far as I’m aware, at least. The only reasons I can think of right now are: You are a Hunter. Or: You are a Farmer.[/spoiler][/quote]

In Australia, you need a “Genuine Reason” to own rimfire rifles or shitty shotguns, a “Genuine Need” for centerfire or good shotguns, and pistols need a target shooting license and a year of probation. Of course, you can own just about any gun you want if you register it and have it rendered permanently inoperable, which defeats half the point of guns.

You know you’ve played too much Cata when you’re honestly a little worried about the primary school down the street.

How’s this for a “good reason”: My life is precious to me, it’s the only one I have, and I have the Human Right to use the most effective means in existence to protect it.
I genuinely sympathize for all of you who live in countries which place your life below that of criminals in that they demand that you die rather than defend yourself. There are some countries you could move to where, even though you may not be able to own the best guns for self defense, the government there at least acknowledges your right to use the guns you can have to protect your life and property. Of course, being an American, I’d personally recommend moving to America.
Most states have relatively few restrictions on guns and other items that aren’t NFA regulated(and we’re working on eliminating that as well), and many states have some form of Castle Doctrine or Stand Your Ground laws, which means that you have the right to defend yourself with whatever means necessary.
Sure, we have a commie raghead in the White House, but that will change.

When you see Zs in your sleep.

Last thing I’m saying on this, but if someone is threatening you with death, then you are actually allowed to respond with force. At least over here.

[quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:45, topic:5113”]How’s this for a “good reason”: My life is precious to me, it’s the only one I have, and I have the Human Right to use the most effective means in existence to protect it.
I genuinely sympathize for all of you who live in countries which place your life below that of criminals in that they demand that you die rather than defend yourself. There are some countries you could move to where, even though you may not be able to own the best guns for self defense, the government there at least acknowledges your right to use the guns you can have to protect your life and property. Of course, being an American, I’d personally recommend moving to America.
Most states have relatively few restrictions on guns and other items that aren’t NFA regulated(and we’re working on eliminating that as well), and many states have some form of Castle Doctrine or Stand Your Ground laws, which means that you have the right to defend yourself with whatever means necessary.
Sure, we have a commie raghead in the White House, but that will change.

When you see Zs in your sleep.[/quote]

It’s not so bad, you don’t hear about too many shootings, most criminals are limited to using knives or pipe guns, and unless you’re in Bankstown or the shitty part of Melbourne you VERY rarely even get rolled by guys with knives. Genuine Reason/Need is really only for large weapons anyway, and if you’re a farmer you can apply for Genuine Reason/Need license to cover wildlife culls. It’s a civic service down in Tasmania, because the Devils have INFECTIOUS CANCER, so they’ll hand out licenses to anyone in a rural area willing to go out and put the sods out of their misery. The state rarely follows up on keeping Genuines up to date too. As it stands, I’m certified to use and own a pistol, but I don’t see any particular need to carry, I’d be uncomfortable having one on me most of the time anyway.

[hr]

… you only ever hold one item in your hands, regardless of size (e.g. a pen) and don’t hold anything else unless you either drop or pocket it.

-You begin to consider purchasing a military grade weapon and mounting it on the front hood of your car.

-You look at other people’s cars as resources to disassble and attach to your truck.

-You get arrested for buying grocerys while carrying a shotgun.

-You stant up from the sheer amount of junk you carry around in serveral backpacks and rucksacks.

You consider reading a kung-fu novel in hopes of becoming a better fistfighter.

[quote=“Fish, post:49, topic:5113”]-You begin to consider purchasing a military grade weapon and mounting it on the front hood of your car.

-You look at other people’s cars as resources to disassble and attach to your truck.

-You get arrested for buying grocerys while carrying a shotgun.

-You stant up from the sheer amount of junk you carry around in serveral backpacks and rucksacks.[/quote]I’ve bought groceries while carrying a shotgun and no one even called the cops. God Bless America!

i have to carry around a 20 lb back pack filled with junk to school, which may not seem like much but i can almost guarantee you that it is the heaviest backpack in my school, or at least of all the sophomores.

When you’re so familiar with the game that you notice each and every minuscule change between experimentals.

WHEN YOU THINK OF HOW GREAT YOUR NEIGHBOR WOULD TASTE SMOKED AND SERVED WITH A FINE WINE.

I know this post is old, but dude, you have over 800 posts and you’re telling people not to spend time here.

I know this post is old, but dude, you have over 800 posts and you’re telling people not to spend time here.[/quote]He was banned thank Jesus, and I don’t think we’re ever going to hear of him again.

I know this post is old, but dude, you have over 800 posts and you’re telling people not to spend time here.[/quote]He was banned thank Jesus, and I don’t think we’re ever going to hear of him again.[/quote]
Wow, I just looked through his posts cause I’m bored. I am HONORED to have joined after this guy was banned. You guys had some pretty good comebacks for his dickishness though.

I know this post is old, but dude, you have over 800 posts and you’re telling people not to spend time here.[/quote]He was banned thank Jesus, and I don’t think we’re ever going to hear of him again.[/quote]
Wow, I just looked through his posts cause I’m bored. I am HONORED to have joined after this guy was banned. You guys had some pretty good comebacks for his dickishness though.[/quote]Yeah it was sometimes fun to spar with him, and he did have his uses, he just needed to learn how to disengage Asshole Mode from time to time.

Every time there is a loud kid around you, you think about driving over him with a car so you won’t feel guilty.
Your book of cooking recipes looks like CDDA’s crafting screen.
You never go out without a bottle of vodka, old clothes and a lighter - just in case you need to make a quick retreat.
You believe that concrete is 100% flammable.

You consider the wheelbarrow to be the one and only thing you need to defend yourself.
(YKYBPTM Battlefield 3:) even against firearms.

You cook wolf meat over a piece of tinfoil covered in burning charcoal.