You know you've been playing too much Cataclysm:DDA when

I just tossed out an empty can and thought “Oh crap, I need that to make batteries…”

/facepalm

you start referring to other IRL people as NPCs.

You gain the ability to see far off noises.

I could swear there was a post previously like this. Can anyone link it in so we can enjoy the old thread too? :slight_smile:

nope, this is an all-new thread.

when you freak out when you see a bear on tv thinking it’s a zombear.

when you still haunt the forum, even if you don’t longer play the game :stuck_out_tongue:

you tolerate the dregs of humanity that populate this community so you can see the terrible ways in which they ruin every aspect of the game that you love, like an out-of-control trainwreck sliding inexorably towards you

Yeah.

Also, when you had a dream about the game once.

when you dream about CDDA every night.

I’m curious, what exactly has made you so jaded? Or are you just trying to be a le epic troll?

If it isn’t self-evident, then frankly, I envy your worldview. Clearly you haven’t spent enough time here. You should probably keep it that way.

You start evaluating the pros and contras of living inside a sewer treatment plant

I’m curious, what exactly has made you so jaded? Or are you just trying to be a le epic troll?[/quote]

He is the son of a feline we must not name. (?
Okno.

[quote=“StopSignal, post:13, topic:5113”]He is the son of a feline we must not name. (?
Okno.[/quote]
Oh Christ. It has offspring.

Don’t like it, get out.

I won’t like you either way.

when you drive to the gas station and you worry the gas pumps will break down before you’ve filled your gas tank.

When you find yourself hoarding broken bits of string, random chunks of plastic detritus, and ragged old socks because I might need them one day.

[spoiler=A brief comment on decorum.][quote=“Inadequate, post:7, topic:5113”]you tolerate the dregs of humanity that populate this community so you can see the terrible ways in which they ruin every aspect of the game that you love, like an out-of-control trainwreck sliding inexorably towards you[/quote]

If that’s your attitude, then don’t. Nobody is forcing your hand. You are not required to remain here insulting people; please feel free to discontinue your visits to this forum if doing so causes you such distress.

I’m not trying to be snarky or mean. Even if you dislike the members of this online community, don’t lash out at them like that. Either make an effort to play nicely with everyone else (who are all here because they enjoy the game too) or decide it’s not for you and quit. You can still play the game without ever having to visit this forum.[/spoiler]

When you find yourself comparing the expected lumber content of a buildings furnishings vs the windows.

When you see your gas tank on empty and think ‘I should add more solar panels.’

When you contemplate popping an engine out of an existing car and dropping it into a new one next to the old engine for more power.

Then realize you don’t have the appropriate mechanics level to do it