You know you've been playing too much Cataclysm:DDA when

That day is today! Old socks are the ideal tool for polishing boots or applying oil/grease to things. You just put your hand inside and get to work!

Not so much for the random plastic junk and old string. What good is a short piece of string?

Well…

I tried disassembling a flashlight the other day. I was pleasantly surprised when I didn’t break half of the interior parts during the process. My electronics skill must be higher than I thought. Still wasn’t able to put them together into a hotplate, though.

[spoiler=Off-topic, continuing my conversation with Inadequate]

You know, I took the liberty of going through your past posts, and it seems that about ninety percent of everything you’ve written (even when you were new to the forum and presumably innocent to the ‘evils’ of this place that you are aware of now and are so generously trying to educate me about) is basically just you in various threads across the forum complaining about how recent suggested and included changes would either make Cata shit or make Cata too difficult for new players, without really going into specifics that I could see. I agree with some of your points and you seem like an intelligent and sensible person in general, so I’m honestly trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here.
But it seems that your ultimate goal, despite what you say, is to mostly just act completely toxic and discourage other players from trying to change the Cataclysm in any way, shape, or form. If you’re as smart as I believe you are, you know that without change, things grow stagnant. The moment anything stops changing, whether it be a culture or a video game, it becomes, by definition, dead. And if you really like Cataclysm (or at least, the old Cataclysm) as much as I believe you do, you might agree with my confusion as to why you are trying to make the game die. Why are you, effectively, on a one-man crusade to kill Cataclysm, Inadequate? Why do you complain about other people’s suggestions and rarely make balanced arguments about why they are wrong, beyond your favorite statement that I’m paraphrasing as “Oh man, you guys are really trying to make the game impossible for new players, aren’t you? I hate all of you”.

I understand how frustrated you might be, I really do. From what I’ve seen, you aren’t very popular on here. I know that it can be irritating to be the one person in a large group of people who doesn’t agree with the decisions and directions that said group is taking, and feeling powerless to stop it, so you think the only thing you can do is lash out at new ideas, hoping to kill them with your negativity before they can be seriously considered, discussed, and added to the game. But the way you’re going about it is all wrong, and appears to just make everybody think you’re a spoiled child, without understanding your reasoning. And I can’t really blame them, because more often than not you show no reasons for the things you say.
In short, if you’ve really been offended by anything suggested or added to the game, there are better ways to protest and discuss than you’ve been going about it. There’s a time and a place for the sarcasm and deadpan snarking that you’re fond of, but when trying to get people to respect and listen to your arguments and suggestions, it doesn’t really work. And if you don’t want to go to the effort of changing your argument strategy, I really don’t see any purpose of you remaining on this board. I’m not trying to bully you or pretend I have the authority to order you to get out, I’m just trying to explain that I know, from personal experience, that arguing in a way that makes nobody agree with you or even want to TRY to agree with you basically means that you’re just talking to yourself. And it’s very sad that even when you’re surrounded by the many people on this board (some of them quite interesting and entertaining!), that you still aren’t able speak with them in a way they’ll understand. If you see everybody and everything around you as inadequate, that’s eventually how people will come to see you. And it would just be very unfortunate for the forum to lose the opinions of somebody like you.

Good luck, and see you around.[/spoiler]

When you see a window, smash through it, raid the fridge for a rubber hose and some cream soda and irradiated oranges, kill everything you see with your RM99 Glock 19

When everytime you leave the house, you have a mental image of the inventory screen in front of you, filling it with the stuff you have on you right now and guessing the chances to survive with this equip in CDDA.

When you start building crazy contraptions like table long railgun/Ultra coil gun or a pair of gloves which you modified to charge you body with electricity so that everything you touch and everything which touches you gets electrocuted and then you just wait for the zombie outbreak :slight_smile:

When you start dreaming in ASCII.

That also applies to Dwarf Fortress, but Dwarf Fortress is extended ASCII code or something.

When you mistakenly refer to your overweight mother in law as a Boomer.

When you start visualizing the world around you locked to a grid.

You repair a button on your shirt and think about reinforcing your shirt.
When you think about the world in general, it turns into ASCII Map print.
You drop your water bottles after drinking.
You worry about the encomberance of clothing when you decide what to dress up in in the morning.
You carry a flashlight when you go outside.
You carry a carton of cigraretts incase you need to see landmines.

you chat with people and give them terrible responses like: yes or im sorry bye, when they ask how your day was.

When you carry around a can of dog food and a whistle in case you see a mangy mutt and want to bring it home.

…you make pile of clothes on bed to make you warm during sleep
…you are colecting rocks because these are usefull
…you make car out of bicycle and few shooping carts
…you continuously turn on and off flashlight to consider batteries

…you start planning that buildings to hit, and in what order.

Or that might just be if you’re a thief.

Or that might just be if you’re a thief.[/quote]
To be fair, I’m not a thief and I’ve always thought about what houses to case.
Then again, I’ve also thought about how I’d hit the local bank and other establishments.

Then again, I’ve also thought about how I’d hit the local bank and other establishments.[/quote]What a coincidence, I’m always planning on what to do if someone hits whatever house or establishment I happen to be at the moment.

Then again, I’ve also thought about how I’d hit the local bank and other establishments.[/quote]What a coincidence, I’m always planning on what to do if someone hits whatever house or establishment I happen to be at the moment.[/quote]
I’m always thinking about what would happen if people with guns came to my school.
Namely: Flip the table towards the door as they walk in, then stand on the table and stomp the shit out of them.

Then again, I’ve also thought about how I’d hit the local bank and other establishments.[/quote]What a coincidence, I’m always planning on what to do if someone hits whatever house or establishment I happen to be at the moment.[/quote]
I’m always thinking about what would happen if people with guns came to my school.
Namely: Flip the table towards the door as they walk in, then stand on the table and stomp the shit out of them.[/quote]Gratefully I rarely have to frequent Defenseless Victim Zones aka “Gun Free” Zones, and even when I do, as long as there are no metal detectors or unconstitutional searches I can still carry concealed and no one knows.

Have you ever thought of the fact that guns aren’t the only thing that you could use in a fight/instance of you being robbed?
Seriously, there are such things as: Self Defense Classes, Martial Arts, Kicking Them in The Genitals, and Running Away Like a Pussy.

[quote=“Mrnocamera, post:37, topic:5113”]I’m always thinking about what would happen if people with guns came to my school.
Namely: Flip the table towards the door as they walk in, then stand on the table and stomp the shit out of them.[/quote]
The real thing you should use is a fire extinguisher, every building needs to have one, and I guarantee you, if someone’s being sprayed with carbon dioxide or dry chemicals, they probably won’t be able to shoot. Also getting hit with a fire extinguisher hurts.
Not as much as getting hit with a fire axe, but still a lot.