Where is the wildlife?

So as the title says, where is the wildlife? I don’t know if its only with me but I cannot find other woodland creates except the ones that spawn by rivers. Can I fix it somehow or this was done by an update?

That’s a little odd, I’m finding tons of wildlife. In fact there’s a fox scrounging around outside my base right now. Are you running the stable or the experimental?

Running the stable, previously tried experimental versions too but was same there. In older versions I had plenty of wildlife.

EDIT: Also just checked monstergroup files, it seems fine there.

[quote=“JackieEstegado, post:3, topic:6052”]Running the stable, previously tried experimental versions too but was same there. In older versions I had plenty of wildlife.

EDIT: Also just checked monstergroup files, it seems fine there.[/quote]

Uhh, How long have you spent in the game? IF I recall correctly, local fauna is dynamically spawned so it might take a few days before it’ll really start spawning in.

If you’ve spent more than a couple days, then I’ve got no idea what’s up.

Are you sleeping underground or on a different z-level? Due to the (horrible) way z-levels currently work things won’t spawn on different ones unless you are present, so that could be what is stopping them from spawning around you.

I tend to be a labrat, but I spend plenty of time being in a house reading books for a week or two.

Also a note: my motherboard died and now I have a pretty crap PC that takes long time to start the game. It might be that the game just can’t load in far enough because I tend to be in cities.

That might do it as well. IIRC dynamic spawn will only spawn monsters up to a certain count, and if you still have a bunch of zombies fairly close by then that could impede wildlife spawning as well (which is why you often notice a large burst in wildlife activity after clearing out a sector of a town).