Your outfit after encumbr update

What clothes/armor do you use fot yourself and NPC?
I totally reworked outfit after update.
Now I have such:
Heavy surv helmet
Helmet liner
Surv mask
Mouthpiece
Dragonskin vest
Mail shirt
Leather arm guard
Chitin bracers
Medical gloves
Light surv gloves
Chainmail leggins with both upgrades
Steel greaves
Heavy surv boots
Flame resistant socks
Also jumpsuite for winter/flameresistant jumpsuite for summer
150 volume surv backpack
Sheath and surv tool belt

I checked most of clothes for combination and this has reasonable encubr with max protection

Also I give Npc such complect:
Heavy surv boot, mask, gloves, helmet
Surv suit

But I cant repair this on them so its pain in ass to maintaince their equipment.

And what do you wear and give to NPC?

Currently, my survivor is somewhat encumbered though I used to have a setup of clothing and armor that kept encumbrance at a minimum.

Right now, among other things, the main armor my survivor is wearing is a survivor wetsuit and survivor wetsuit boots. Both pretty much make my survivor immune to acid. She can kill a corrosive, walk over to their corpse while the acid is still there, and butcher the corpse without taking any leg damage.

leather chaps and leather dusters.
Swimming gloves and steeltoe boots
Kevlar vest and 2 messanger bags.
Army pants and neophoren arm sleeves.
that firesuit that is only 5 encumbrance is psweet too.
And an ankle sheath for a combat knife
an ankle holster for a short shotgun
2 canteens of booze/water
A kevlar reinforced helmet/filter mask/googles
and a scarf

I blacklist survivor which reduces the OPPLZNERFness of my kitout. All off these are fairly easy to make/find, with swimmy gloves being the hardest since I all but removed swimmers for sucking

Early on I aim for the attainable, though costly.

Heavy/Winter survivor suit
Heavy/Winter survivor gloves
Heavy/Winter survivor mask
Heavy/Winter survivor boots
Heavy/Winter survivor helmet/hood
Survivor duffel bag
Scabbard * 2
Light survivor harness
Socks, possibly wool
Mouthguard

That is, before I find my preferred setup.

Power armour
Power armour helmet
Power armour hauling frame

Any variant will do but heavy is what I aim for. Low encumbrance and high storage volume are little comfort when the game prompts if I want to watch the deathcam. Protection all the way.

There was a encumbrance update? I hadn’t noticed…

My new survivor is using-

Kevlar vest
Long sleeved shirt
Chest rig
Army winter jacket
Military rucksack
Balaclava
Army helmet
Rain hood
Gasmask
Knit Scarf
Elbow pads
Glove liners
Army winter gloves
Wrist watch
Long underwear
Army winter pants
Leather chaps
Drop leg pouches
Holster
Sheath
Small water skin
Socks
Winter boots

My outfit hasn’t changed, light survivor suit all around(except for winter gear when exploring ice labs), but with a heavy survivor helmet and a ceramics/superalloy MBR vest. I drop the vest if I want to go into melee combat before I have the skill to fight with it.

Omitting the no carrying volume items:

Hoodie
Survivor cargo pants
Survivor Runner Pack
Ankle Holster
2x Fast draw Holster.
Sneakers
Plastic Canteen

Gets something like 41 storage without encumbrance. 57ish with packmule. Pretty sure my loadout has been getting buffs over time. I don’t remember being able to carry that much.
Robots are really dangerous though.

[quote=“eternalflame, post:4, topic:11295”]Early on I aim for the attainable, though costly.

Survivor duffel bag
Scabbard * 2
Light survivor harness
Socks, possibly wool
Mouthguard

Power armour
Power armour helmet

Any variant will do but heavy is what I aim for. Low encumbrance and high storage volume are little comfort when the game prompts if I want to watch the deathcam. Protection all the way.[/quote]

Protection is useless if zombies have double attack on you, you cant run away from them and miss most of attacks.
Torso encum is the worst - too many penalties. Also gloves will stop you too.
When you have less then 40 torso enc and 10 or less hand - you can kill zombies faster then they come and run away from them… And my build has enough protection to tank out 2 rifle turrets at military outpost to range from where I can hack it.
I think more protection - overkill and you will lose more on spd and encumbr then get

Oh. Easier just add screenshot then type all items:

[quote=“StopGamer, post:8, topic:11295”][quote=“eternalflame, post:4, topic:11295”][spoiler]
Early on I aim for the attainable, though costly.

Survivor duffel bag
Scabbard * 2
Light survivor harness
Socks, possibly wool
Mouthguard

Power armour
Power armour helmet

Any variant will do but heavy is what I aim for. Low encumbrance and high storage volume are little comfort when the game prompts if I want to watch the deathcam. Protection all the way.[/spoiler][/quote]

Protection is useless if zombies have double attack on you, you cant run away from them and miss most of attacks.
Torso encum is the worst - too many penalties. Also gloves will stop you too.
When you have less then 40 torso enc and 10 or less hand - you can kill zombies faster then they come and run away from them… And my build has enough protection to tank out 2 rifle turrets at military outpost to range from where I can hack it.
I think more protection - overkill and you will lose more on spd and encumbr then get[/quote]I don’t like to run away from zombies, I walk towards them. And while early on torso encumbrance is deadly, with proper skill levels my 60 torso encumbrance does not matter, if I feel like conserving power and do not activate my heavy power armour. Active power armour set has less encumbrance than all but maybe the best optimised unpowered setups.

For early game, and even beyond, the hooded hard hat is quite nice. Thanks to the hood, increased coverage on the head, and can be repaired with sewing. It can also be reinforced with a tailor’s kit giving it respectable bash and cut protection. It doesn’t encumber the head and mouth as well.

In general, if I’m going with power armors I’d prefer the RM13 combat armor. Plutonium is relatively easy to find by mid-game, from disassembling power storages for one plutonium each. Even when activated, the bash and protection isn’t high, but you can wear other clothes on it so it’s not too bad. When activated, the lessened encumbrance also gives you the opportunity to wear another helmet over it as well.

Current gear is this, minus not really needed jewelry;
Thermal electric outfit. For full body coverage to protect my albino from the sun. Not a lot of warmth when not active, perfect for summer weather, and gives enough warmth when active for at least two ice lab levels.
Elbow pads, for extra arm protection.
Heavy survivor helmet, not padded with leather/kevlar. Needed as survivor is frail with a glass jaw.
Survivor mask. Light survivor mask is probably better, but I prefer the Chesthole sprite of the normal mask.
Wool socks, due to the season being winter at the moment.
Survivor wetsuit. Doesn’t have as much protection as a normal survivor suit, or the light survivor suit, but offers far better acid/environmental protection than either.
Survivor wetsuit boots. Combine that with the survivor wetsuit and your legs won’t get hurt by corrosive zombie acid. You can butcher a hulk corpse in the pool and you won’t get any damage (though the game will keep telling you that you got hurt).
Survivor backpack and belt, for a little extra storage.
Kevlar vest, for protection in the torso.
Light survivor gloves during spring until autumn, winter survivor gloves during winter.
Sleeveless survivor trenchcoat… this was mostly used to cover up the wetsuit, as that armor is pretty read and I didn’t like how it looked. Come to think of it, a normal sleeveless trenchcoat could be better…
Survivor cargo pants. Same reason as the trenchcoat.
Long fur scarf, and wool cloak - extra winter gear.

prefer the RM13 combat armor.

Oh absolutely, RM13 is by far the best power armor. For the simple reason that you can wear clothes while wearing it!

Survivor mask. Light survivor mask is probably better, but I prefer the Chesthole sprite of the normal mask.

I just changed them, coming up in the next pr (with redone mutations)! I hope you will like the new ones.

I hoard my plutonium rather than using it as fuel. Inefficient of me but that’s how I am. But I cannot see appeal of RM13 over survivor gear regardless. I could see myself using it if found very early, I suppose.

It’s usefulness lies in the fact that unlike other power armor, you can wear other clothing over it (except boots). Unpowered, it’s encumbrance is 20 but it drops down to 5 when powered, also providing climate control and protection from electricity. Powered or unpowered, it’s also immune to acid, making it great against corrosives. While it’s unpowered encumbrance is still high, it’s a lot better than the encumbrance you get from standard power armor.

When powered, head encumbrance drops to 5… and you can add a helmet to boost your head defense.

It does have pretty low armour values though, unless they get buffed when it is activated? My comparative experience with heavy and winter survivor suits suggests it takes quite a bit to tank even small bullets. But it seems to have its uses after all.

I haven’t been around as long as many here, but based on my limited time with this game, I think it could be renamed “cataclysmic nerfing” since it seems like anything players like gets zapped. It’s best to not admit that there’s gear you use or like, it seems.

lol, its not supposed to be an easy game. Its not like surviving is hard, and a lot of stuff is broken to the point of OP instead of being made that good.