What's your preferred kit?

What are these survivor vests and masks? I’ve only got a recipe for survivor suit.

My current character has power armor which is OP even unpowered because even jabberwocks can barely harm me through it. It basically made my sewing skill obsolete, and in fact I loathe it but it’s objectively better than anything I can craft.

They’re new crafts. I can’t remember if they use fabrication or tailoring at a higher level. One or the other.

The survivor vest is basically a hybrid between a kevlar vest and a utility vest. Great protection and storage for minimal encumbrance.
The survivor mask is a ballistic face mask and gas mask combined for great eyes/mouth protection and environmental protection.

They’re almost a little too good, in my opinion, but you do need a lot of stuff (and skills) to make them. Basically end-game stuff that isn’t powered armor.

Some of each, tailoring and fabrication - but there’s no kevlar in the survivor vest, it’s just leather and cloth.

And you hit the nail on the head: they’re late-game alternatives to fancy power armor for characters with sufficiently awesome crafting skills and loads of resources.

I haven’t experimented much with the new gear in .8
But I do have this on my guy
SWAT armor
Tactical Helmet
Cotton Hat
Tactical Gloves
Ballistic Glasses
Messenger Bag
Silver Necklace
Socks
Combat Boots
Wristwatch
Fanny Pack
Drop Leg pouches
Bandanna

I found that SWAT armor on a cop zombie and so far it’s the best armor I seen besides power armor, allows me to rush down turrets in labs with my burning German claymore, that I found in a pawn shop (flammenschwert)

[quote=“Zarthull, post:24, topic:3284”]I haven’t experimented much with the new gear in .8
But I do have this on my guy
SWAT armor
Tactical Helmet
Cotton Hat
Tactical Gloves
Ballistic Glasses
Messenger Bag
Silver Necklace
Socks
Combat Boots
Wristwatch
Fanny Pack
Drop Leg pouches
Bandanna

I found that SWAT armor on a cop zombie and so far it’s the best armor I seen besides power armor, allows me to rush down turrets in labs with my burning German claymore, that I found in a pawn shop (flammenschwert)[/quote]

You must have a boss fab/tailoring skill.