What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?

!lucky!

My survivor and his buddy are in a tough spot. At the crossroads of the city, where their vehicle is being built, hordes of zombies have begun to swarm to the area, advancing slowly but growing in numbers. Their goal? Fight or die trying. Unfortunately Antonetta Raymond (random NPC), who was attempting to escape a swarm of undead children, was eaten alive and torn apart by said undead children in the chaos. Sniper and his companion were indifferent. Better her than them.

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:11739, topic:47”]I found a full cash card off of a swimmer zombie. Guess who has all the drinks* now?

*by drinks I mean ammo from ammo vending machines[/quote]

Did you start in the town of Flint…

To soon?

“the milspec turret avoids your projectile”

FUCKING WHAT

I’ve got an estoc from an antique store, along with a flintlock pistol now. Gonna try and make some more black gunpowder, I’ve got enough plastic bags and lead/silver/gold for a good amount of ammo.

So, I’m a sword-and-flintlock-wielding guy in a waistcoat and top hat and leather duster. Gentleman wanderer FTW.

Sparky Mk. III is done.

I finally got to my bugout location just in time to see my best friend killed by skitter bots. Such a shame I’m sure she would of made a good addition to my harem… The place had an almost completely working survivor rv and a deployable survivor bike plus a few other odds and ends. I fixed up both as well as I could and then shoved the bike into Sparky and headed home. I couldn’t carry the bike but after a shot of vodka I could, unpacked it and then stripped down all the useless junk on it and then rode it to retrieve the RV.

Now I have to decide whether to keep the RV or strip it for parts and feed it to the tank. I know that the mini reactors and enhanced electric engines will go into the tank regardless but I really don’t know what to do with the rest as there isn’t much Sparky Mk. III needs.

I think now though the main thing to do is hit up the military base near by and take it from the thugs and raiders that have made it their base. Ugh I hate moving…

In the saga of Nathan Reynolds, it’s now day 24 of spring (31 day seasons, because I didn’t know what that meant when I made the world originally!), but the last three days have felt more like winter - such is life in a science lab where the ambient temperature is -32* Celsius. Thank god Cataclysm doesn’t model oxygen consumption from fires underground, because while I lack proper winter survival gear I do have plenty of lighters, and science labs have many residential areas full of lovely, flammable materials. The routine consisted of “Fight, loot, arson, fight, loot, arson…” I’ve quickly learned the joys of quickdraw holsters, primarily because I was very rapidly cycling from my M1014 to my Glock in the face of swarms of Securibots, Manhacks, and scientists. Kinda badass, actually - empty the shotgun into the crowd, whip out the pistol and mow through the survivors.

So many CBMs.

I think pneumatic assault rifles are one of the best weapons in the game, what do you guys think?

(Haven’t been playing in a while, so flavor post I guess.)

[quote=“Rot, post:11748, topic:47”]I think pneumatic assault rifles are one of the best weapons in the game, what do you guys think?

(Haven’t been playing in a while, so flavor post I guess.)[/quote]

I certainly love the pneumatic assault rifle. Especially at night when you have night vision… excellent weapon for when you don’t get something more devastating with ammo. I can’t remember what it takes to make it though (in terms of skills).

Silent, deadly, easy to make ammo. Yea not many better weapons, though I don’t use them myself. I’m a sword guy. I think I will be mounting them on my Tank.

[quote=“Rot, post:11748, topic:47”]I think pneumatic assault rifles are one of the best weapons in the game, what do you guys think?

(Haven’t been playing in a while, so flavor post I guess.)[/quote]

It’s nice… but I’ll take laser weapons, thanks. Damage is decent, and you basically NEVER run out of ammo (with UPS CBM).

Melee weapons, explosives, and easy-to-take-care-of guns (usually flintlocks) are my bread and butter.

I don’t like messing with the more complicated stuff. A muscly character with a few levels in the melee skill wielding any decent sword, axe, mace, hammer, or other tough melee weapon can kill anything I’ve usually had to deal with just fine. And if those don’t pull through, all six rounds of a pepperbox being emptied into whatever it is usually works.

And if even that fails, there’s always black gunpowder charges.

I honestly have to agree with you since I’m a melee user too, however I’ve been thinking of making a new build around archery and long-range sharpshooting. Maybe a bit of fun with SMG’s too.

I guess I’m tired of my usual ‘samurai’-esqe playthroughs.

Yeah, straight melee can get boring. With outrageous dodge skill and an arming sword you’ll basically never find anything that can beat you.

I’ve been trying other things too. SMGs, yeah, got one character with a STEN, built around making ammo for it and spraying-and-praying outside of towns to kill all the major throngs of zombies and run in after. Besides that, shotgun-toting alcoholics are always fun.

I’ve been reading books about the napoleonic wars and such, and thinking of a mod that disables all things modern like certain guns, vehicles, buildings, etc. On the subject of vehicles I was thinking horses, different breeds and levels of fitness and health. Maybe a menu much like the vehicle one telling the percentages of energy, how hungry and thirsty it is, and if it’s equipped with a saddle and saddlebags or even horse armor. Chariots and other horse-drawn vehicles would be neat too. Thinking of finding horses in farms and wild ones in plains or forests. Judging by this, certain skills would remain obsolete like machine guns, launchers, etc. Horses would of course use the driving skill.

I remember someone mentioning before about modding the game to play like an old 1900’s horror movie.

On the subject of my apocalypse, I’m thinking of playing as a civil war reenactor, messing around with my flintlocks. Probably going to send this over to the drawing board for reception as I’m not a modder and can’t do any of this stuff.

[quote=“Rot, post:11755, topic:47”]I’ve been reading books about the napoleonic wars and such, and thinking of a mod that disables all things modern like certain guns, vehicles, buildings, etc. On the subject of vehicles I was thinking horses, different breeds and levels of fitness and health. Maybe a menu much like the vehicle one telling the percentages of energy, how hungry and thirsty it is, and if it’s equipped with a saddle and saddlebags or even horse armor. Chariots and other horse-drawn vehicles would be neat too. Thinking of finding horses in farms and wild ones in plains or forests. Judging by this, certain skills would remain obsolete like machine guns, launchers, etc. Horses would of course use the driving skill.

I remember someone mentioning before about modding the game to play like an old 1900’s horror movie.

On the subject of my apocalypse, I’m thinking of playing as a civil war reenactor, messing around with my flintlocks. Probably going to send this over to the drawing board for reception as I’m not a modder and can’t do any of this stuff.[/quote]

I would ask how reading normal driving books would increase your chances of successfully riding a horse, but then again, reading advanced chemistry textbooks increases cooking, which means that no matter what book you read, the skill dictating whether or not you can make biodiesel also dictates whether or not you can make chocolate pancakes.

Basic cooking may not resemble chemistry very much but there are many parts that do as you get to more advanced forms. It may not be similar when you preform a task but the hows and whys of cooking are very much chemistry based.

Yeah, it’s all essentially the same in the big picture.

It’s just specifically reading an advanced chemistry textbook wouldn’t really compute the same amount of skill, I guess. I know it doesn’t teach you the recipes, but assuming you already know them, reading said book makes your chances of success much, much higher? Just doesn’t compute perfectly to me.

I guess you could just add ‘new’ books that would teach you how to ride horses vs cars, or you could remove that altogether in favor of just training your skills by riding an actual horse.

One year anniversary for my character! (the 45-day year)
In this year, Harker Peregrine broke free of humanity to become a literal peregrine, annihilated five triffid groves and an ant nest, and also constructed the AMCV Windwhistler and several smaller vehicles.
We had pizza and spaghatti for the dinner and my char drunk the first time since the cataclysm. We even lit some firecrackers for the sake of immersion… until the horde showed up… and was annihilated by the AMCV’s weaponry system.
So my new year’s eve basically consisted of smashing zombie corpses and picking up bolts all night. How brilliant.