What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?

This is definitely a bug, the bear should have marked the door with urine. I’ll get on fixing this asap.

You move to open the door, but you notice it’s covered in urine. Continue? Y/N

This is definitely a bug, the bear should have marked the door with urine. I’ll get on fixing this asap.[/quote]

If the ability to soak up liquids is brought in, I will be raiding bear houses for their pee and using it to hide my scent trail from the Zs.

Who needs a katana and CBMs when you have plastic bottles of bear urine?

Then a wild male bear appeared!

ASUME THE POSITION!
Then fake orgasm.

You know what is even more dangerouse than zombies?
Wild animals…

I was doing pretty good, had a lot of loot on me and found for the first time a vehicle and they really rock. :smiley:
Though it was kinda hard to get a canister for the fuel to be effectivly transported.

Anyway, I was scouting and ramming zombies in a town and prepared for looting them later when I saw a lab.
Because I had a ID card I wanted to make this my base and went parking my new awesome car behind it.

Then those wolves appeared.
Note: I was playing the ver from the 3. jan to avoid the insane wildlife spawn bug. It still got me I guess.
Taking out my rifle I made it quick and was happy about the extra food.
Then another pack appeared.
And another.
And another.
Even some spiders joined the forces.

Well, I got overrun next to my vehicle and I couldn’t get in anymore…
Really stupid way to end a fairly good run.

I’m not sure how it is with the fixes compared to Jan 3 version, but from what I’ve seen animal spawns can still be dependent on noise levels. Weirdly enough, wolves are attracted by gunfire. At one point I couldn’t drive my truck without most of my map filling with squirrels.

Latest version I’ve had no real problem with them. Even threw a molotov at some early enough that killed 2 and the rest ran away.

I burned down an entire town, that should show those bears.

Bears… they are even worse than ants.
And I hate ants. >:(

Hey do burned down towns still have zombie population?

yea, the zombie population actually originates from a point in the center of the town, burning the structures in the town down will have no effect other than killing any zombies that have spawned.

OTOH the process of burning down a building is extraordinarily noisy, so spawns are going to shoot through the roof while it’s happening.

I was in town while it happened, and witnessed thousands of zombies dieing. I’m in a 12 house town.
I doubt 12 houses could support 50+ zombies.

heh, realism = no, it’d be pretty boring if a 12-house town only had 50 zombies in it :slight_smile:

If it makes you feel any better, consider the zombies could represent the total number of bodies in the town, not just the living ones. I’m a bit skeptical about thousands of zombies, as the largest cities in the game don’t have a population of 2,000. If there were thousands of zombies in a town that small, it was a bug. I’d expect 600 or so at the upper end.

There where a few houses down the road connecting to a big city, would that have anything to do with it?

if you’re in spawn range of a larger city, you can get zombies from that city spawning too. The roads don’t have anything to do with it, it’s strictly proximity.

Consider the houses abstractions, I say. Cataclysms cities aren’t generally even as bag as most neighbourhoods size wise and we wouldn’t want them to be, but that’s still what they represent.

I notice that zombies can’t infect LIVING humans, so what would eating goo give you? I think it would be awesome to eat zombie goo and get superpowers.

Clearly people fled to the town thinking it was a safe option.

(Idea - evac shelters full of zombies/medical supplies/military?)

I’m loving the new survival shelters. Last version I dismantled a car and used it along with a shovel to transform my starting shelter into a veritable post-apocalyptic fortress.

[quote=“gtaguy, post:36, topic:47”]I notice that zombies can’t infect LIVING humans, so what would eating goo give you? I think it would be awesome to eat zombie goo and get superpowers.[/quote]It turns you into a zombie after you die. Everyone ingame is already infected.

So that dead NPC will come back to life? Oh god kill it with fire!