What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?: Vibrator derail

sorry for derailing the thread, next time I’ll keep quiet about these type of things, might even be spoilers for those exploring the game.

I just want to say, this is great. Things like this make me love this game that much more. I can’t wait to find one and start relieving some built up tension. (I love that it increases tiredness)

Wooooow is this a joke? Is this STILL a thing? I feel sorry for people living in such a backward state. No offense intended BTW, this is just absurd to me. Things like this are why I hate politicians.

( to the topic in general)

Right…

So, anyone have any recommended text-swaps for this obnoxious item? I think “Jacuzzi Kit” might work for me assuming there were some way to make it work only when in water.

(I spend one day only in the Rec Room, and in that time, we get a Spiderman Sex Dungeon thread, AND a vibrator thread? Damn.)

Don’t ever leave us again.
Also
Do we need a thread split out for every derail?

[quote=“ShinQuickMan, post:45, topic:6274”]( to the topic in general)

Right…

So, anyone have any recommended text-swaps for this obnoxious item? I think “Jacuzzi Kit” might work for me assuming there were some way to make it work only when in water.[/quote]

Make a mod and paste the flashlight raws with the same item Id, its what I do to get something useful from all those mutagens I will never use. In the end it looks like this:

[tt] {
“id”: “mutagen”, <- Mutagen before, now a flashlight.
“type”: “TOOL”, <- the rest is the flashlight jsons copypasted
"symbol": “;”,
“color”: “blue”,
“name”: “flashlight (off)”,
“name_plural”: “flashlights (off)”,
“description”: “This is a heavy duty LED flashlight. Using this flashlight will turn it on and provide light, assuming it is charged with batteries.”,
“price”: 38000,
“material”: [“plastic”, “aluminum”],
“weight”: 400,
“volume”: 2,
“bashing”: 1,
“cutting”: 0,
“to_hit”: 2,
“max_charges”: 100,
“initial_charges”: 100,
“charges_per_use”: 1,
“turns_per_charge”: 0,
“ammo”: “battery”,
“revert_to”: “null”,
“use_action”: {
“type”: “transform”,
“msg”: “You turn the flashlight on.”,
“target”: “flashlight_on”,
“active”: true,
“need_charges”: 1,
“need_charges_msg”: “The flashlights batteries are dead.”
}
},
[/tt]

@John Candlebury

Eh… Not exactly what I intended. Perhaps I should be more clear:

The item in question actually seems to have a novel and useful feature, it’s just that, well… the idea of what it is is simply something I would care not to relate to. I was just looking for easy JSON text-swaps to make it into something that’s not so intrusive.

So another idea I’ve had was to copy the currently useless laptop item and give it the same use functions as that thing.

[quote=“ShinQuickMan, post:45, topic:6274”]( to the topic in general)

Right…

So, anyone have any recommended text-swaps for this obnoxious item? I think “Jacuzzi Kit” might work for me assuming there were some way to make it work only when in water.[/quote]

You could have it check for whether the terrain’s swimmable, or specifically for whatever water tiles you’d want. Underwater is a separate check.

Laptop ain’t useless IIRC: you can craft it into a remote hacking-tool to take over robots. Was a good piece of work by John Candlebury, FWIW.

Don’t ever leave us again.
Also
Do we need a thread split out for every derail?[/quote]
No, just the ones where hugely popular threads have large derails onto completely unrelated topics.

I’m not quite sure what the game use of it is though. Juicing morale makes your Focus go up, but it makes you Tired meaning you need to sleep and by the time you wake up your Focus will be normalised anyway.

It’s a conundrum eh?
Who says it needs one?

Recently had a depression fit; two NPCs entered my base and I shot them both. Needless to say Julia was unhappy for a while. Finally, after a week of dehydration, I found a vibrator and managed to bump juuust over the crafting morale line and boil some clean water, and since Tired is not that pressing (a few stats go down as it increases, but it can be ignored) it’s very useful. Plus, the Focus thing; good for pre-crafting or before entering a danger zone.

Also, surprisingly good for RP purposes. In a pinnacle of depression and on the verge of shooting herself, the character finds this ridiculous thing… and it artificially keeps her mind alive for the time being.

One thing that’s kinda been bugging me though: What if my character is a heterosexual man or simply a person who doesn’t really enjoy the feeling of sticking a… well, you know where I’m going with this. If we’re using sexual pleasure as a means of generating focus at the cost of fatigue, where’s the option to simply masturbate?

As a side not, if the item was actually named “personal massager” (i.e. literally a device that gives automatic back/neck/shoulder/whatever massages), the connotation of the item’s use would be a little more orientation-neutral.

Or make a clone of it and call it a fleshlight (which I originally misread John Candlebury’s advice to read, which prompted me to figure out what this was), then place it in the appropriate spawn groups. I, personally, have no concerns about “clutter” being around.

To be honest the morale boost is useful to mitigate depression effects to allow crafting, but the main use I found for it is to maintain a sleep schedule coinciding with usable light.

As an aside, are they dismantleable into electronic scrap? I’ve only found one, and haven’t wanted to destroy it to check.

[quote=“Khrysanth, post:56, topic:6274”]Or make a clone of it and call it a fleshlight (which I originally misread John Candlebury’s advice to read, which prompted me to figure out what this was), then place it in the appropriate spawn groups. I, personally, have no concerns about “clutter” being around.

To be honest the morale boost is useful to mitigate depression effects to allow crafting, but the main use I found for it is to maintain a sleep schedule coinciding with usable light.

As an aside, are they dismantleable into electronic scrap? I’ve only found one, and haven’t wanted to destroy it to check.[/quote]

Not yet. Could make recipes and such. I don’t enjoy coming in every bloody day and only getting crap for one thing or another, though.

If anything I have said has been taken as “giving crap” to anyone who has contributed to the project that was certainly not my intention. I’m here because I enjoy the game, and I keep updated with the latest experimentals because I enjoy seeing how things evolve over time.
I am grateful to all of the people, past and present, who have contributed to making Cataclysm what it is today.

If anything I have said has been taken as “giving crap” to anyone who has contributed to the project that was certainly not my intention. I’m here because I enjoy the game, and I keep updated with the latest experimentals because I enjoy seeing how things evolve over time.
I am grateful to all of the people, past and present, who have contributed to making Cataclysm what it is today.[/quote]

No worries, it wasn’t you.

It was a suggestion. It was a remark on a minor flaw in the logic of the item that you added into the game, a remark that you could act upon if you deemed it appropriate, or that you could ignore if you were busy with something else. I’m not trying to personally attack you or give you crap, and you should in no way feel obligated to listen to my or anybody else’s opinions if you feel as wounded by them as you seem to be.