What's happening in YOUR randomly generated apocalypse? Part 2!

wow thanks. Maddy is a Gentile. Shes also not a degenerate scumbag.

2 Likes

I get the impression he would laugh at being called a “degenerate scumbag.”
And yeah, we all know she’s more closely related to the rare Appalachian Mountain Squid

Like this fine specimen

1 Like

He can laugh all day. I wouldn’t know

DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIM. .

On x10 spawn and my own “all revive” mod, living next to an acidic anthill is like having a gang war take place right outside your bedroom, except every participant comes back from the dead every day to shoot each other up some more. I’ve abandoned my current base for a nice, safe basement after nearly dying for the second time in two days, and am planning to make a run for the rest of my loot at my original base.

As a side note, I quick-saved then debugged teleported to the baseball stadium and saw 15 ZOMBIE MASTERS chilling in the middle of a gigantic swarm before I quit. Should I up the item spawn rate to x3 (from x2) so I can better prepare for facing that shitstorm and a half?

2 Likes

Gonna start a new character with the new Killer Drive trait, maybe as the Serial Killer from Aftershock. Think I’ll blast this when I start my reign of slaughter:

1 Like

Jackpot. Larion has escaped the mosh pit of endlessly resurrecting zombies and dogs to make it to an out of town evac shelter. Now the dilemma: go back for all her loot and probably get mauled on the way, or make a new base in the basement and raid the nearby town?

1 Like

“Any gift that cannot be thrown away is not a gift but a trap”

1 Like

Well…me and Big ol Miles ‘the Gator’ Jones have started on the subway base. If you can call rigging a car battery to a headlight and making a few cupboards a start. At any rate…Im glad Miles is 8 foot tall of muscle and goodwill. Its gonna be hard work in the coming days. Finally …I guess after two years of the nomad life…its time to nest up for a bit.

3 Likes

I dub him “Smiling Miles” since he’s such a good guy.

2 Likes

Turns out that hooking a laser cannon up to an electric tank vehicle was a great idea.

Rolled up to some walled off apartment towers and decided to melt the metal gate to get inside. Bandits. Lots and lots of bandits all over the compound. Well, slavers more like. The “workers” quickly scurried away as things got hot. Who knew that my unwelcome visit would kick off a firefight, right?

About ten to fifteen armed and angry dudes on the parking lot. Most of them wielding things like bats and other whack-you-over-the-head weapons. A few crossbows. A couple of military rifles. Well, I had a melt-you-as-soon-as-I-spot-you laser cannon so they didn’t really stand a chance. I rolled on in and let loose volley after volley of hot death. Then, a threat. A blind spot! A battle tank right around the corner. Could’ve wiped me off the face of the Earth but nothing happened. The guy in the gunner seat didn’t know what he was doing, I suppose. Sleeping on the job? He eventually got out of the tank and shot at me with a rifle but… damn, why?! He didn’t live to regret it.

A few stragglers hiding out here and there but they couldn’t hide. Laser cannon just kept spitting hellfire. You’re in cover? Not anymore, buddy. I’d honk the horn when things got quiet and as a reaction I’d hear people screaming in terror. They knew what was coming to them. Useful implant, this enhanced hearing CBM. Yeah, panic. I’d open up on the second floor walls and guys would throw themselves out the windows just to get away. Pretty sure I got one of them mid-air. Slice and dice.

Honk honk. Not much of a response anymore. Some slight movement on the top floors but that was it. Place seemed clear enough so I set the cannon on sentry mode, got out and started poking around. Souped up M14s and a few books on trapping and high level first-aid on the bodies. Good enough for me. Some disgusting dumpsters in the back. Blood and entrails. Burn marks. Cannibals burning the parts they didn’t want to eat. Who am I to judge? I just killed more than 30 people without feeling remorse of any kind. Sure, they had it coming, but… yeah.

Found the slaves hiding in the basement. The washrooms. Lucky for them I didn’t bring the buildings down. Some hero, huh? “Oh, you survived. I kinda forgot you were here.” Gathered them all up and explained the situation. No more captivity or forced labor. They’d need to find a way to make it out there. I left them with plenty of weapons and armor and hinted that they should go upstairs when they were good and ready. My guess would be that one bandit leader or another was cowering up there. Work things out with them any way they see fit.

Me, I’m just gonna keep rolling wherever these roads take me. Honk honk.

5 Likes

Nothing chaps my ass more than when you walk up to another survivor with an MRE in hand as a peace offering and get shot at for your trouble. Had to run inside double quick. Now i have to dig a bullet out of my ass. Never been shot in the ass before…thats new. Okay muahfuter…ats how ya wanna dance?..then ats how we will dance. (sound of bolt click)

3 Likes

Holly moved, flexed her fingers then her limbs expectantly but was surprised to not feel much difference, after much study she’d taken finally taken the plunge and made use of the labs Autodoc. After the stories she’d heard about failed installations she’d been afraid of messing something up but her preparations had been enough and all had turned out well, the bionics themselves were surprisingly covert, unnoticable until activated. This was only the begining though.

Playing without safe autodoc this time so I was a bit nervous about some of the installations (looking at you enhanced memory and wired reflexes) but I built up my first aid, computers and electronics as much as possible first (8, 6 and 10 respectively) and between those and abusing adderall and nicotine I got everything in sucessfully. Still not done any mutating as of yet as I haven’t found a book above 3 for tailoring and I don’t want to end up with nothing decent to wear when I do. I’ve got quite a collection of serums going on though.

2 Likes

I’ve hit it good with my bionic agent, details here-

Basically set myself up real pretty in a megastore, I have the more locations mod on so apartment towers and upped NPC spawn has given me access to a ton of manpower, I’m up to 8 NPC’s lurking in my base now. I have two more towers to recruit, and I’m building a faction camp directly next to my base. The apartment tower NPC’s are dumb as bricks so I’m going to put them all to work there, and keep the mutant and dynamic NPC’s in my megastore as my shooters.

Unfortunately bungled my attempt at colonizing the sewers. Failed to consider that C4 would blast open a crater from the streets down into the sewer, and I dropped a horde on myself after making my sewer car :confused:

I’m surrounded by missile silo’s, my endgame is to destroy as much of the mega city as possible and build a fort in one of the multi-z level structures. Curious to see if turning most of it into craters eliminates horde spawning.

Hoping my next character when this one dies spawns nearby, I wish I could choose where I spawn- it’d be fun to treat this place as a base of operations for future characters.

2 Likes

Went down a lab staircase to find a security bot directly under me, it immediately fired on a zombie right next to it thankfully. god i hate labs

What in the god damn

1 Like

How do you have those crazy ass stats? Just wanna know for my next character.

Stats through skills mod.
I use it since there isn’t a system for stat growth currently in the game and it’s the closest representation I’ve found. After all, you keep swinging a sword, day after day for weeks and months on end you’re bound to pick up some muscle :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: Unless you mean my base stats, I just start with zero skills for those.

2 Likes

So you started off with 12 int, 14 dex, 12 strength, and 10 perception?

13 str 13 dex 12 int 12 per were my starting stats

1 Like

Wind sail? Which mod adds that?
Or do I have to update my game more frequently?