What's happening in YOUR randomly generated apocalypse? Part 2!

Update more frequently I believe.

Ah, cheers. Now I can be the worst best pirate anyone has ever seen!

1 Like

I spend most of my time in Subway’s and sewers. Thank you for giving me the idea of making a vehicle

1 Like

Nope…

3 Likes

Who needs turrets?

6 Likes

I’m imagining the series of hijinks involved with chaining a zombie shark to your front door.

1 Like

Who’s a good jawed terror? You are! Yes you are! ARF ARF!

7 Likes

Thanks for making me shoot pop out of my nose . Cant stoo laughing.

Take a look at this before you get too much work done: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/29743
I’m hoping someone can make a mod to allow cars to travel the subway until they implement train construction.

The trick is to deploy a folding bike first. You can’t build on sewer tiles, but if you deploy a bike and ride it around it leaves dry ground in its trail that you can build on.

2 Likes

Ahhhhhh. Thank you a might. Much obliged.

I think dragging works as well, but it’s been a long while since I carried a vehicle to the sewers with me.

1 Like

Hate to go off topic but im building a subway base. I have the stair way area on both sides walled off. But way way south in the tunnel i ran into some dreaded acidic ants. Can they bust through stone walls? I hate acid ants. They killed 5 of 8 of my old party. Tips?

Should have mutated medical or insect. That’s on you for going squid.

In seriousness I’ve never seen them bash down a log wall so I’m sure stone will be fine. I think they have high night vision though, and with their ranged attacks they’re definitely a pain in the ass. They make great armor though, and at least their fat is good for sausage.

EDIT: Since you’re in the sewers too you can line the narrow passages with nailboard traps and the like, just to cause further difficulty for any that wander your way.

Well…subway not sewer. Also…can i harvest stone from subway walls…assuming i ever find a pickaxe.

I’ve never seen them try and break any building/vehicle, in labs they don’t break glass doors and even with line of sight on a vehicle they’ll just surround you without causing damage (apart from the dents they make in your bumper as you run em over :grin:).

1 Like

Good to know. Ill start building a block wall asap. :octopus::hammer::gun:

A pickaxe or a jackhammer should let you knock them down for stone.

1 Like

Yassssss thanks for info

Holly slumped back into her chair and looked around happily. The basement was dark, dusty and far from luxurious but compared to the apartment in the bowls of the lab where she’d been staying since everything had fallen apart, well, it was positively homely.
She’d never really been able to relax fully down there, the corridors echoed with unfamilar sounds, rooms burned without fuel and the smell of death and other more disturbing things seemed to permeate everywhere.
She felt safe for perhaps the first time since the cataclysm had hit and it was a feeling she relished.

1 Like