What's happening in YOUR randomly generated apocalypse? Part 2!

Biomancy also has a bunch of acid and bleed type direct damage spells too, it has nice variety and utility no matter if you want to go for more of a pure mage or battlemage archetype.

I haven’t really touched the Druid class (which Biomancy locks you out of) so can’t comment much on it, however it appears to be more focused on summoning minions which I personally 1, don’t find super useful and 2, already have access to minions through technomancy and animism.

Dealing with the mycus, trying out making a base from scratch

Heck, just set off a few snot gobblers, should chain em all

My friend (who only played CDDA for like 10 minutes) asked me if it was possible to make a base without walls. I’ve decided to test if it’s possible to construct a house out of warehouse shelves. Will report back.

One thing I love about this game is, you don’t actually have to fight anything.
Lab challenges for example become a lot easier when you realize that!

1 Like

You must have started with a very different build from mine. I tend to die stupid deaths in lab starts if I don’t grind.

Besides, you must destroy the turret at the labs exit.
If it’s not a gun turret so I don’t instadie, my torso gets blasted to half health and I turn into a drunken sailor from the pain in one shot from a 40mm riot shell.
I’ve not seen a turret miss much.

Or the time when I was massively dissapointed when I found the lab subway because the doors were keycard locked and all the platforms had a welcoming party.

Or the time when a pair of Hounds teleported in to spook me.

So my conclusion was, everything must die for their delicious xp and their spare cans of ravioli.

You can get some pretty dumb builds going if you start with a mutant, lets you plow through most common early day lab enemies without really grinding.

Ninjutsu + a bunch of attack mutations like fangs and toe talons works great. Attack mutations have a higher chance to trigger based on dex and Ninjutsu gains increased melee accuracy based on dex. Ninjutsu also has the swift strike passive which basically reduce attack turn cost by 20%, meaning more chance for mutation attack procs.
I’m unsure how exactly assassinate works if you deal multiple attacks at once, I’m guessing since it’s a simple buff it might apply to all mutation procs.

You also start with a fuckton of skill points so you can dump them into melee, unarmed and dodge.

I mean this is all assuming you’re not averse to the lifestyle of a hideous mutant.

1 Like

I have a feeling I tend to be pretty lucky in lab challenges. If I don’t die within the first 10 seconds because I spawned next to some security bot, I mean.

I see that in recent versions turrets have become pretty nasty… though with my current character I emerged from the lab into a prison: there was a riot turret, but I just darted to hide behind a corner and I peeked-thrown a grenade at it. :stuck_out_tongue:

By the way, I managed to drop a number of crow II turrets sniping from the distance. Now I have more than 5.000 rounds!

THAT’S A THING???

Well now, I wish I knew about that before I put in most of the bionics I’ll ever need. Finding anesthesia was the most annoying thing second to looking for autoclaves to clean my nasty bionics.

Oh well, I’ll still keep an eye out for these.

Yes. It even works for followers!

Followers kinda suck when you’re a hyper combat god with 15 dodge 20+ in all stats and 10+ in all combat skills.

Solo play is best play, don’t have to baby or worry about dumb NPC’s.

Just lock them in your car/base and have them be your assistant crafting slaves if they’re not needed for combat.

Followers are good for running the day to day tasks of a base, if you choose to make one up as part of your game play. I also like placing them on stairwells and having them guard that location when I’m either crafting or sleeping in an area where critters or zeds could wander in and disturb me.

The Return of Bambi Diamond, the Apocalypse Bimbo

In this episode:
Welcome to Lamoine - Population: no.

1 Like

I agree with the crafting help, only problem is my vehicle is pretty cramped considering it’s just a decked out security van.

Having an NPC help me make food and install bionics for me would help, but that means I’ll have to sacrifice a bed spot for a seat, and turn a cargo space into a bed spot.
Dunno if it’s worth it, considering I have a year’s supply of smoked/dehydrated beef and raisins. Spaghetti takes forever to make though, so who knows.

I’m kind of on a mad max road trip right now, looking for armors to help me fight against irradiated and poisonous foes. I either need a power armor set or RM13 combat armor. I also need a Niten book or more varied martial arts books, but I’ve had no luck unfortunately.

I’m not too worried about anything that isn’t a fungal enemy, since I can one shot any and all enemy that I’ve encountered with very little preparation.

(I need some prep for some enemies, like a gas mask or protective suit since I’m wearing pretty much nothing but denim shorts and a tank top).

Right now I’m just switching up my weapons due to boredom (started with a katana, switched to a spear of pestilence, now using a Lucerne hammer for bash + reach attacks).

Gonna start using martial arts then archery or firearms, since I have over 4K 5.56 ammo just chilling in my van.

But yeah, I’m pretty much set. From here it’s just exploring and fully decking out my character even more.

Start as a mi-go camp prisoner. Step outside. Get rekt by mi go guard.

This is way harder than just chilling in a lab for a week.
There’s a bunch of the infamous shooty mi go outside the base too.

“Since I’m on the upper floor of this house, let’s take a look around and see if there’s anything useful on nearby rooftops. Not that I’ve ever found anything interesting doing this bef…”

6 Likes

I torched my way into the Hub 01 basement after discovering a subway access in a freshly cleared lab. Open a door to see four CROWS turrets, quickly NOPE and slam the door shut. I hear a bunch of hub security saying stuff like “Hear that, fellow survivor?”, then “Hostile detected!” And “Oh shit, it’s a madman! Look! It’s a CROWS!”

A series of shots followed, and well, I guess they’re firing a programmer?

2 Likes

Seems like it’s the other way around :nerd_face:

1 Like

After a few days of playing and a hundred kills or so, I can say a Monomolecular Blade works surprisingly well with Wing Chun.

While the bonus to bash damage is a waste, it improves defence, has a counter at higher skill and will allow you to attack extremely quickly; the high damage of the blade will do the rest.
I cut down zombies before they can do anything else but grabbing me (and die immediately after).