What the heck is this "Zombie Dancer"?

Its not included in the list of zombies on the wiki (I guess it was never updated), read about it on the item browser, though I’ve never encountered it or seen it. It looks like a super-overpowered enemy with 10000 HP, what is actually this “Zombie Dancer”, it looks a lot deadlier than the tank drone or any other enemy. Where does it spawn? What is its attack? Has anybody ever killed one, or ever seen it?

Here’s an image from the item browser:

Suffice it to say that they are a joke enemy.

[spoiler]It has an extremely low chance of spawning inside a city. With it spawns multiple other zombie dancers, and the thriller zombie. Zombie dancers are essentially invincible until the thriller zombie is slain; when the thriller zombie is killed, all the surrounding zombie dancers instantly change into zombie hulks.

However, zombie dancers don’t actually attack you before they turn into hulks. They just bust loads of random dance moves instead, because fuck yeah thrilla m8 I guess.[/spoiler]

He’s a Zombie, That also happens to be a Dancer of course.

They do WHAT now?

Also, (lone) dancer zombies can make pretty good punching bags to train your combat skills on, given that they regenerate HP and don’t attack you.

-But don’t try to beat up dancer zombies when the thriller is nearby. They will all chase after you. Imagine a huge flash mob of bloodthirsty zombies chasing after you and dancing at the same time.

debug in a Jaberwock next to the dancer and mentally name it bubbles.

They do WHAT now?[/quote]

Go kill dat thriller. Then you’ll see. If you want to experiment then debug ~10 dancers + 1 thriller in.

Thriller creates the dancers, but yeah.

Can thrillers randomly spawn in towns? I was looting a town, and suddenly every zombie in the general area turned into a dancer. I only have static spawn turned on.

Then yeah, one of the zeds statically spawned was a Thriller. Roughly a 1:10,000 chance IIRC, but then there are lots of zeds.

[quote=“KA101, post:10, topic:8745”][/quote]
Roughly a 1:10,000 chance IIRC
[/quote]

I guess I must have a very lucky world, then. None of the Z-Dancers attakced me while I was looting the town.

zombie dancers are quite good to power level if you want to, they don’t fight back If i remember right and have a ton of health along with regen, Just stay away from the thriller zombie

Yeah, Thrillers have a move that calls nearby zombies to come and dance around them in a big circle. Wipe out the Thriller and he drops some pretty stylin one-of-a-kind clothes, but the other dancers get kinda mad that you took out their leader.

I’ve killed about 15k zombies since this was implemented, I must be unlucky.

So. If I just leave The Thiller, Chiller, alone. I won’t get brutally “rekt” by everything around me?

The thriller tends to dance in circles around you if he sees you. What you can do is use the opportunity to bust out 1-2 of those mininukes that you’ve been saving. The dancers all convert instantly on the thriller death (even if it’s during an explosion), so if you arm the bombs, drop them, and then lure the thriller so he’s standing right on top of it it should wipe out most or all of the hulks instantly after the thriller dies. (Of course that does lower your chance of getting the sweet clothes successfully :P).

The thriller tends to dance in circles around you if he sees you. What you can do is use the opportunity to bust out 1-2 of those mininukes that you’ve been saving. The dancers all convert instantly on the thriller death (even if it’s during an explosion), so if you arm the bombs, drop them, and then lure the thriller so he’s standing right on top of it it should wipe out most or all of the hulks instantly after the thriller dies. (Of course that does lower your chance of getting the sweet clothes successfully :P).[/quote]

I guess I’ll just have to add more spikes to my Death Mobile.

Anyone else find themselves singing, ‘Hold me closer, zombie dancer’, after reading the topic header?