What obscure/unique weapons you want to see in C:DDA?

Jericho 941? Stats similar to a cz75 would be appropriate.

What about a laser bow/crossbow?, like the laser guns but with a bow, or since you are already experienced with transforming items, what about a bow/crossbow that can be transformed into an ax or sword?, or a bow than can be converted into a crossbow (and vice versa) to use the various ammunition

Jericho 941 i think its already exist in-game as one of weapons mod item.

laser-based bow/crossbow is kinda interesting… i want to experiment with crossbow that uses normal bolt as usual but when activated turns into laser-shooting crossbow.

I would love to see something like this magazine-fed bow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URwuU0bRMpU

thats basically a crossbow but without the extra power…, at least in some technicalities, since the game doesnt have the physics to make a clear distinction.

Not a weapon but, what if you make something that works like a magazine but for throwing weapons? to simulate that you have x amount of that item in the hand, but you throw them one by one. Since last time i checked you can have a lot in inventory but need to wield them one by one for each throw

I mean, they weight and volume are akin to a dead body than a A-10 turret so…

What about all manner of crappy antique grenades?

Stick grenades, pineapple grenades, additionally grenade replicas (found in museums, pretty much only for hucking a chunk of steel at someone, could be fun to make the description unclear whether it could be actually explosive or not). Grenades meant to stick to a target (if I recall made with motor oil an a sock?) Could give it a longer fuse time so pegging a Z with it and rushing through a large crowd could be useful.

Not sure if you’re interested in making traps as well, but sll manner of IED would be great, shaped charges specifically (I’m thinking something similar to a landmine but with the addition of a plastic bag and some water, EOD guys use IV bags). Suddenly I have a use for all that scrap copper.

Then there’s things like soaking a mattress with gasoline and lighting it, which is an effective weapon to kill tank crews. That said with ambient heat now I’m certain there are ways to cleverly kill Zs with it. Perhaps dropping it in an armored car, lighting it and then leading a few through the thing before closing the doors. I imagine this thing not exploding, but kicking up alot of smoke and raising ambient temp insanely in surrounding tiles.

Variations of the molitov cocktail. In actuality a deadly molitov utilizes sugar and motor oil to properly coat surrounding and produce lots of noxious smoke.

Finally, what about plastique, which would have similar deadly effect of C4, but cannot be detonated through average means and MUST use an electric detonation tool or blasting cap, instead of any mundane fuse. I.e. material that can be found in military bunkers, but is about as useful as clay unless it is combined with very specific (makeshift or manufactured) parts. Could be a way to have more readily available explosive with the bottleneck being materials or knowledge about how to fabricate materials rather than simply commonality.

Tangential to the above paragraph, the ability to dictate explosion size and power by altering stick length of C4 and plastique would be a dream.

That is C4. C4 needs to be electrically detonated. Guy I used to work for liked to fuck around with people during Vietnam by lighting C4 on fire. Apparently it makes for decent fuel or firestarter. Also, craftable copper disk EFPs would make my pp the big PP.

No kidding? For whatever reason I thought the distinction between those two was that plastique wasn’t even flammable. Learn something new every day.

But still. Treating C4 like a stick of butter with several portions and varying recipes related to each would be amazing. Far less risk of Eating your own blast.

Catapult / Trebuchet, for vehicles, obviously. Unless they already exist.

Jeez. I never realized how much I need this. It’d be great if this worked similar to the throw code in that it doesn’t need specific ammunition, but can launch a projectile with deadly force as well as retain the explosive potential of thd projectile. That said, if we go the ammunition route, it’d be great if it always emptied it’s magazine no matter how full like a machine-gun permenantly on full auto. 500 ball bearings? Like a 100 meter shotgun blast. A single barrel of RDX? Perfect. A lone hulk Z corpse into a bandit camp or military bunker? Perfect.

Do you imagine this using the z-dimension or just acting like a normal projectile weapon currently?

A Volcanic Arms Pistol for a lever action hand gun

im still learning how to make weapons that’s unique and never seen in-game so yeah… mostly made like normal projectile weapon currently.

i don’t know why im laughing at that C4 part but i can imagine burning C4 for fun while others look in horror :laughing:

More traps and the ability to bait said traps. Can use the usual stuff for regular animals but make it so they won’t come to mutated or tainted bait. Then use zombie pheromone for zed bait. Can’t think offhand what to do for other critters but you get the idea.

I’ve always loved the thought of making an indirect combat pacifist character but there just isn’t enough going for traps to make it worthwhile and electronics is sort of end game.

Theres a lot of possibilities there tho. Everything from making improv claymores using prim black powder grenades and BBs or ball bearings to acid traps using nothing but a trip wire and flasks of acid.

We can already use sound to pull the zeds in an area we want them to go but itd be glorious if i could weaponize that better :smiley:

I would agree with the traps, it you can make them fast deployed and fast disarmed. i always wanted to try a trapper character, but the little variety and the long arming times for them doesnt make it viable

there is not better z bait than yourself xD

Closest I ever got to that was my first long lived character who filled his room with bubble wrap and stashed nail boards under every window