What is your preferred/favorite firearm?

The RM120c. Because there isn’t a 00 40mm Shell yet.

Can we Chrome weapons? …You know what… BRB…

I’m making a PR so that A7 laser rifles spawn rarely in science lab finales. Now I can find one, trick it out, and make it the tacticoolest weapon known to man!

[quote=“HS1342, post:40, topic:8277”]M2 Browning.
Moving down the horde has never been as glorius!

Though the pneumatic rifles are the best for the economical survivor.[/quote]

not to mention huge firepower at common ammo with small recoil (if used granades and got lucky)

What is my favorite weapon? I think I’ll categorize like Rookie did a couple posts above:

Pistol: Desert Eagle, Beretta M9, USP .45
SMG: MP5, UMP-45, American 180
Rifle: M14, Remington 700, Mosin-Nagant M44
Assault Rifle: M27 IAR, M4A1, AK-47

On the other hand, my preferred weapon is whatever I can find ammunition for.

I can’t say no to a shotgun, but neither can the hordes when they hear it.

Day to day use: Silenced 9mm weapons. Plentiful ammo, lots of room for mods, stays sneaky with a silencer unlike some of the larger calibers.
9mm turrets in labs: .45 does just fine. I use a modded USP because it’s freaking amazing and ammo is everywhere.
Milspec turrets: M14EBR (again, modded, pretty much anything I can slap on these bad boys)
Spitters: I have a laser in my finger. It gets the job done.
Big, scary, nasty ass robots: That’s why there are anti-tank weapons in the game.
Mycus: Inter-Continental Ballistic Missiles. And even those don’t always work. Mycus OP, nerf Mycus.

But pretty much the only character that has access to these guns also punches enemies into chunks so…

Realistically, anything my chars can lay their grubby little fingers on. I hoard things, in the knowledge that I will one day need them. This leads to accumulating thousands of rounds of caseless ammo, hundreds of mininukes, dozens of LAWs and anti-tank rounds for other weapons, all while my char is running around plinking at zeds with a Cx4 Storm.

flintlock rifle and blunderbuss. :smiley: for fun.

Hmm for a situation I actually need to easily kill stuff, reflex recurve bow with metal arrows. It gets the job done. c:

[quote=“NOMOETOE, post:47, topic:8277”]flintlock rifle and blunderbuss. :smiley: for fun.

Hmm for a situation I actually need to easily kill stuff, reflex recurve bow with metal arrows. It gets the job done. c:[/quote]

:slight_smile: Glad you’re enjoying the Blunderbuss. We needed more easy ammo guns.

gotta say the 870 has it’s charms.
Big, lead charms.
Hostile NPCs dont usually like them tho.

Pneumatic assault rifle and reflex recurve bow with metal arrows. If you get a hacksaw and intergrated toolset you’ll never be out of ammo. The bow is downright deadly, and the assault rifle on burst fire can actually do some serious damage. I like anything with easy ammo. I have tried the bolt driver but in my opinion it doesnt do enough damage.

Edit: After giving it a second try, the driver is actually pretty legit too.

Sawn-off Saiga-12, until someone gets around to coding for the all the other shot guns being able to be sawn-off versions in which case I will immediately switch to a sawn-off Remington 870.
FN Five Seven because it’s bad ass and sometimes I like to run around pew pew pewing things.
Last but certainly not least the RM103A because of the lulz.
For ranged stuff I use any rifle that I have ammo for. Might switch to an assault rifle build when I get bored with my current setup as my current survivor can run around town slashing zombies with my handy survivor machete with little worry.

Get a BB gun and find a tree for target practice.

Or read a book, nerd.

[quote=“123456789, post:50, topic:8277”]Pneumatic assault rifle and reflex recurve bow with metal arrows. If you get a hacksaw and intergrated toolset you’ll never be out of ammo. The bow is downright deadly, and the assault rifle on burst fire can actually do some serious damage. I like anything with easy ammo. I have tried the bolt driver but in my opinion it doesnt do enough damage.

Edit: After giving it a second try, the driver is actually pretty legit too.[/quote]I’m personally a big fan of the bow as well. It’s great being able to create ammo basically anywhere at any time when needed, not to mention recycling about 75% of your fired ammo.

I’ve not been impressed with the bolt driver though. Perhaps I should give it another try, but the massive weight on the ammo for it was kind of a problem. Not to mention it is slow. I can fire 2-3 shots a turn with my bow and rarely take more than 2-3 shots to kill anything I’ve run across so far, including brutes and chicken walkers (took 4 shots I think). Haven’t tried a hulk yet, but I doubt it’d take more than 5 shots.

That said, I did start a lab challenge character who managed to get a rifle of some kind and I rather liked it, killing those pesky turrets without problems.