What happend to the german translation?

Hi folks!

Today i decided to play a round of good old CDDA. But i was shocked, all the german translations for items where gone…

Can anyone tell me what happend?

A little context would be nice, where did you get your copy of DDA, what version is it, what OS are you running on, etc.

I can confirm this. Well, sort of. Not all, but most of it.
I don’t know how this happened, though.

Below is an image showing a screenshot, taken from an inventory from a randomly chosen build (in this case experimental build 11094) on the top, and one from the same inventory in a more recent version (2021-06-13-0522) on the bottom.

As you can see, a lot of the translation was lost.

In my case, both of them came directly from the GitHub release page.
I’m running the Windows 7 64-Bit version.

Interestingly, most of the other things (menus, map tiles, overmap tiles and item descriptions for example) are not affected, as far as I can tell.

Routine i18n updates on 31 May 2021 by BrettDong · Pull Request #49107 · CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA · GitHub seems to have an awful lot of deleted lines for a routine translation. It might be an accident, I’ll look more.

Hm, that looks interesting, but after downloading and testing in 2021-05-22-0734 (again, a random pick), it seems like it happend before that (it’s already broken at that point).
I’ll try to pinpoint it a bit more…

Edit: Well, after going through the list of changes done to the german translation file, I’ve noticed that the word “Schraubenzieher”, the translation for screwdriver, is no longer found in the translation file after this pull request: