What do you think to make a poppy flower become a tranquilizer dart deal moose?

I hear a lot people said that moose has been become extreme danger animal, and then I think I found a way to deal with it

you guys know about that poppy flowers, right? that flower have a anesthesia effect, which it can make you falling unconscious for a hours,

but what if we can make this flower become a tranquilizer dart, mabye we should be able to put down this moose animal

few darts should be able to slow moose down a little bit, then puting it unconscious, then you can either run away or killing it.

other than that, this will be also a good hunting tool too, don’t you think?

I hope someone like it and make a dev soon.

At the point that you can make such a dart you can easily dispose of these animals in melee.
I am not oposed anyway.

Tranquilizer darts would finally give the player a way to nonviolently deal with monsters, so I’m all for this. It would be totally cool.

Would be cool if you made a dart tipped with the stuff in pink tablets. Make moose hallucinate that it’s a tank drone… and somehow give them the powers of one.

“You shoot your Pink Tablet dart at the moose”

“The moose thinks it’s a tank drone”

“Wait! What’s this? The moose now has the powers of a tank drone!”

“You are being laser targeted! Safemode ON!”

By “a lot of people” I think we just mean a few people on this thread: http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=9994.0

Tranquilizer darts sounds like a cool idea. However we don’t what this feature to become too over powered either. For game balance I could imagine it being relegated to a high cooking skill level, or maybe it only works on untainted enemies.

[quote=“Pandromidal, post:6, topic:9373”]By “a lot of people” I think we just mean a few people on this thread: http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=9994.0

Tranquilizer darts sounds like a cool idea. However we don’t what this feature to become too over powered either. For game balance I could imagine it being relegated to a high cooking skill level, or maybe it only works on untainted enemies.[/quote]

Well, at least you can still find those darts on the science team dead bodys.

Well this could help with the Pacifist or avoid getting neg morale from killing zombie children or NPCs.
It would be FUN to be able to also chain these drugged individuals to a lightpost (which we also need added) and use 'em as a bait.
Hmmmmm, maybe EVEN gladiatorial matches…

By “a lot of people” I think we just mean a few people on this thread: http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=9994.0

Tranquilizer darts sounds like a cool idea. However we don’t what this feature to become too over powered either. For game balance I could imagine it being relegated to a high cooking skill level, or maybe it only works on untainted enemies.[/quote]

One other possibility perhaps is to make it so that one dart may not be enough to completely incapacitate certain things. Like, the bigger and more aggressive they are, the more darts you’ll need. And maybe a delayed effect… like slowing down a little before they get knocked out.

Also, on the subject of chemical stuff, it could be nice to have something similar to a zombie pheromone, or to be exact, a human pheromone thingy. Like… some sort of scent bomb, light it up in the dark, throw it somewhere, and it’ll cause zombies to gather to it like flies on… stuff that flies really like. Maybe if you throw it at one enemy, it could confuse the zombies and cause them to get aggressive on the one who got hit, much like how the z-pheromone confuses them into becoming friendly with you for a short duration. Maybe use those glass flasks of human blood lying around on FEMA camps as components.

Poppy products wouldn’t make good tranquiliser darts. Thorazine would be your best bet out of the items already in the game.

Isn’t that what noisemakers and talking dolls are supposed to do? I haven’t tried using them, but I assumed that’s what they were supposed to be for.

Poison darts and the like would be something for a high chemist/survival skill. Chemist to make, survival to grab poisonous plants.

I agree, but we could also make them drops for dead scientists or something like that.

Actually, these darts could become a basis for proper farming/ranching. I’ve toyed before with the idea of having an underground patch of fungus that slowly sprouts new fungaloids to farm fluid sacs without havaing to travel miles for the nearest fungal growth, or spread the infestation by having it within range. I don’t think triffids work in a way that you can farm but that would also be interesting.

You could also use the opportunity to have captives for science experimentation - use it as a means of training for survival or something like that. Dissections could teach you a lot about how to properly cut up other such creatures in the future. A proper way to level up survival/mechanics (depends on the enemy) without butchering thousands of corpses, perhaps.

Now that I think about it, going to the effort of restraining and studying enemies as a means to much more rapidly level up certain skills seems like it would be a very interesting feature from several angles (both functionally and an RP standing). Of course, these hands-on studies aren’t exactly good for your test subjects and they’re prone to die after a certain amount of time, but it’s kind of a sweet idea.