Petition to change moose description

I find the current description of moose in Catacysm is lacking. It should be something like:

“It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.”

In all seriousness why are moose so psychotically aggressive? Why do they chase you nonstop with single-minded fury even when you’ve run for your life for miles? Why do they launch at you full speed from 50 tiles away because a weasel got too close and activated their murder-frenzy mode? Moose aggression really needs to be toned down, its downright comedic at its current levels. They’re more like Terminators than common fauna.

All it really takes is to reduce it’s aggression and/or morale stats. =w=

Sure that’s all it takes, but changing even a one to a zero takes considerable approval from the powers that be.

Or if you know how to mess with Github, you can PR the change yourself and, if it’s reasonable, it’ll be done eventually. D:

What we need is a robo-moose. More aggression, with laser beams firing out of its eyes.

Or a moose hulk. Unlike zombie hulks, this one mutated without going through the dying part. Capable of sending a survivor flying away from the forest to a town several map tiles away.

this is needed, at least as a joke monster

[quote=“voskhod, post:1, topic:9979”]I find the current description of moose in Catacysm is lacking. It should be something like:

“It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.”

In all seriousness why are moose so psychotically aggressive? Why do they chase you nonstop with single-minded fury even when you’ve run for your life for miles? Why do they launch at you full speed from 50 tiles away because a weasel got too close and activated their murder-frenzy mode? Moose aggression really needs to be toned down, its downright comedic at its current levels. They’re more like Terminators than common fauna.[/quote]

bullshit!!! today a pack of wolves killed a moose and the bastard only managed to get one wolf down with it (it might have been wounded though).

I also slash mooses and antlered horrors with my katana in melee as a champ.

[quote=“Dlightfull, post:7, topic:9979”][quote=“voskhod, post:1, topic:9979”]I find the current description of moose in Catacysm is lacking. It should be something like:

In all seriousness why are moose so psychotically aggressive? Why do they chase you nonstop with single-minded fury even when you’ve run for your life for miles? Why do they launch at you full speed from 50 tiles away because a weasel got too close and activated their murder-frenzy mode? Moose aggression really needs to be toned down, its downright comedic at its current levels. They’re more like Terminators than common fauna.[/quote]

bullshit!!! today a pack of wolves killed a moose and the bastard only managed to get one wolf down with it (it might have been wounded though).

I also slash mooses and antlered horrors with my katana in melee as a champ.[/quote]

Your personal ability to commit moose-icide has nothing to do with the fact that I’d sooner fight a bear than a moose in Cata. the moose are my early game worst enemy. I’d rather fight a pack of wolves, lol(no joke, I would actually prefer that)

In general, I don’t have a lot of trouble with moose now. Use run, but if fighting, use run and wait for them in a shrub to slow them down. Light shrub on fire if possible. If character has martial arts, then use that, otherwise use a weapon that’s slow.

Plus, can’t we just tone down aggression? What’s the aggro stat for bears? If I recall they’re slightly less rageprone.

I think some are missing the point of the thread by now :confused:
The point is NOT that the Moose ingame is overpowered. Moose in real life are quite strong, and they can put up a fight, especially if its against a human. The point of this thread is that they’re so damn aggressive, which is true and should be changed. In fact, I believe that Moose are quite peaceable, if you leave them alone, something, which is NOT given in the current state of the game. Attacking Wolves and Bears? That’s more likely than an attacking Moose, to be quite honest.

Bears have an Aggro of -10 and a morale of 60. A moose has an aggro of -15 and a moral of 80, and I think the Morale is actually the problem, they just keep fighting once they started.

for comparison, a wolf has aggro of 0 and morale of 20, a Cougar has aggro 0 and morale 40

Hmm. So morale is what has to be tweaked, it seems. What’s the value for deer?

Deers Aggro is -99, the morale is -5

If anyone is extra clever, let moose have their current highly aggressive nature every autumn. Mating season is murder rampage nightmare time. Assuming they aren’t all zombie meese by then.

Honestly I haven’t had all that much issue with Moose and early game survivors. It’s just like how you deal with wild animals in real life, you stay the fuck away from potential furry murder machines to give them their space (usually about a map tile for me) and you continue on with your business.

I have had trouble with moose being hard to flee from at times though. =w=

Ah. That explains their skittishness. Maybe a moale in between the current value and the bear’s would be better?

Thats only a solution when you have unobstructed view, and at day.
What if you want to go through a forest where at any moment you can round a tree and find yourself only 10 tiles away from a moose that instantly aggro’s on you?
What if you want to go through an area at night and dont even see the moose until they’re right up in your face?

You can still run.

You can’t run from the mooseseses.

Run? From a moose? Good luck with that! A moose has a speed of 200, and with the current morale? They rarely stop attacking you.

Also, again for comparison: ALL zombies seem to have a morale of 100, means, they Never stop following you unless they completely loose you. I’d recommend dropping the morale to at least bear level ; or, if Pthalocys Idea works, put it down to 40 and back to 80 in autumn.